Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed R2 is labeled as DX while 3PO's not. It seems Sideshow went for a ANH specific 3PO. At least it would explain why we aren't getting any ROTJ or ESB specific accessory or gimmick.

Just noticed R2 is labeled as DX while 3PO's not. It seems Sideshow went for a ANH specific 3PO. At least it would explain why we aren't getting any ROTJ or ESB specific accessory or gimmick.

With the new prices no one will want a DX of anything ever again.

Since I have the diecast not really interested in this. Maybe down the road if SS has slashed the price and for some reason it makes sense. $229 does seem steep. I guess SS is figuring this is the new price point. Right now I'm holding on buying any SS Star Wars until I see what's on HT's docket. The only way that will change is if it's extremely well done PT characters since it doesn't look like HT will be doing those for a while, or an OT character not in HT's plans. I do have to pick up Hoth Han and a Taun Taun or two, but waiting for those to go on sale.

I do have to pick up Hoth Han and a Taun Taun or two, but waiting for those to go on sale.

Waiting is your best bet on everything now a days. Already the Troopers 2 pack has dropped $32. on some sites and even X-Wing Luke is down $20. which still isn't enough in my book.

Waiting is your best bet on everything now a days. Already the Troopers 2 pack has dropped $32. on some sites and even X-Wing Luke is down $20. which still isn't enough in my book.

On what site is the trooper 2 pack $32 cheaper?

I can see not wanting another C3PO if you have the Tamashi version already. To me he's a character I only need one of and personally I like this one a bit more due to the weathered look but in the long run having this version and the cleaner version isn't necessary. I'm thinking most of my Star Wars display will be A New Hope based with a couple exceptions so this version works well for me.

Yeah I never looked at my toys for investment purposes -- those days ended in 1995 when absolutely everyone started collecting.

Have you seen what happens to the price of certain Lego sets when they get retired? Some double or even triple almost overnight. But I don't disagree with you in principle, all this stuff is hoarded new in box numbering in the thousands.

Have you seen what happens to the price of certain Lego sets when they get retired? Some double or even triple almost overnight. But I don't disagree with you in principle, all this stuff is hoarded new in box numbering in the thousands.

The 2.0 trend once and for all killed the notion of 1/6 figures as investments.

Back