Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-cancelled when the pre-order went up.

Did what others are doing: pre-ordering now in order to cancel and re-pre-order when a code becomes applicable.

This photo convinced me that the Ex was the only way to go:

21711-product-silo.png

Displaying a grimy, one-armed and distressed Threepio will differentiate him from the Tamashii.

The price is crazy though. $80 more than Artoo. :panic:

most never were, really

Correct Most

Yeah I never looked at my toys for investment purposes -- those days ended in 1995 when absolutely everyone started collecting.

I got Lucky, as I had A couple of the POTA Jailer, and SS Stormtrooper EX, which I am happy that i sold each for over $200. Those SS Troopers will never sell for that again. Prices for them will only drop now with the amount HT will be making.

Oddly some of my WWII figures sold for over $200 to, like My Will Beaur German ceremonial guard, and WWII Japanese Soldier. I'm glad I sold when I did.

He looks good. I'll get him and cancel down the road if I find a coupon I'm not using. Exclusive is pretty useless though without the rest of his arm.

It's certainly been a good past year/few months to be a Star Wars fan and collector outside of the my below signature pricing foul up.

Hoth Han
Hoth Luke
Chewbacca
ANH Han
Biker Scout
Speeder Bike
R2-D2
Stormtroopers (yet to order but will)

With this it's now 1 of 3 of the last remaining Star Wars figures I need and then I can be done. All that's left is Leia and Old Ben and then I'm out. (I'll come back and pick up X-Wing Luke for <$175 though :lol)

The 2.0 trend once and for all killed the notion of 1/6 figures as investments.

****ing Hot Toys and that bullshoy.:yuck Dark Knight fanboys are also partially to blame.

Also, I would wait till after these figures are actually out, because they will still go down some after then.

Can you elaborate on this? Why do you expect them to go down? I expect them to be popular and go like hot cakes, but then I also expect HT to make a ton of them. Im sure the community is eagerly awaiting a HT rendition of a trooper. I know theyre missing from my collection. I want two to pose behind my SSC Vader, which I actually love. Not upgrading him even if HT makes one. But he NEEDS to stormtroopers just for the sake of presence. Vader always rolls a couple deep.

^ Makes me feel like an idiot for paying aftermarket for a couple figures...but when you show up late to the party what else are you to do :dunno

If you're an idiot then you're in good company. I overpaid for a couple of mine. They still hold up pretty well, which makes it easier to wear, but nowadays if I miss out, I miss out.

Can you elaborate on this? Why do you expect them to go down? I expect them to be popular and go like hot cakes, but then I also expect HT to make a ton of them. Im sure the community is eagerly awaiting a HT rendition of a trooper. I know theyre missing from my collection. I want two to pose behind my SSC Vader, which I actually love. Not upgrading him even if HT makes one. But he NEEDS to stormtroopers just for the sake of presence. Vader always rolls a couple deep.

Sure, simply put, there will be thousands of these guys. Just look at how many sites are selling these now, not just SS anymore. Places like Big Bad toy store, and many comic book shops. You have the single pack, the regular 2 pack, you have the exclusive 2 pack, you have Sideshow's Exclusive 2 pack. These guys will be around for a while. I'm sure the exclusives will eventually sell out first but there will be plenty of the single or 2 pack, and that is what any army builder is going to want. Also, as already shown a simple google search you can already see the pricing going down and he has many, many months to go before even being released.

Last edited:
$368 is closer to a price I can live with but not from another seller. That's a lot of reward points to miss out on.

$368 is closer to a price I can live with but not from another seller. That's a lot of reward points to miss out on.

LOL, You would rather spend $400.00 and get a $20 reward card instead of spending $368. and saving $32. :slap :lol :confused: :thwak

I think they outdid themselves with this figure. I'm much more impressed with it now than I was in July.

There are a few shots that just look amazing to me. These being among them.
2171-c-3po-001.jpg

2171-c-3po-007.jpg

Also, maybe it's just me but this shot makes me think threepio's been working out. He's looking fit.
2171-c-3po-005.jpg

Back