Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after it was pointed out to me that one of the little rods was missing off one of the hands I went looking for it today. Moved one of the pillows on the couch and there it was. Like it was waiting for me [emoji4]

And I proposed to my girl and she said yes! So all in all a pretty damn good day so far [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a win in any galaxy... Happy for you:)

I got a reply from Sideshow. Because I bought mine at retail (local comic shop I have supported for 20+ years) they will not warranty it. The shop owner tried to contact their distributor as suggested by sideshow, but no response. Sideshow said the distributor can choose to "do nothing" as their policies are different.

That's just great. Thanks Sideshow. :p

That's BS. They should honor fixing any issues regardless of there it was purchased.

I asked my LCS if they honored replacements before I bought mine, as I knew it was going to have issues (and it did).

Thanks!! :hi5:

Thanks! The stands are from a guy in a Facebook collectors group. He's called Stoney's Stands. They are really cool.

LOL. Yup that's me [emoji4]

Crap! I swear it was there earlier. I'll have to look for it. Hope I can locate it.

So after it was pointed out to me that one of the little rods was missing off one of the hands I went looking for it today. Moved one of the pillows on the couch and there it was. Like it was waiting for me [emoji4]

And I proposed to my girl and she said yes! So all in all a pretty damn good day so far [emoji106]

Wow , my woman didnt know of my collector habits. As they were dormant for most of our 15 years.....nice shes marrying you and knew ahead of time.

Wow , my woman didnt know of my collector habits. As they were dormant for most of our 15 years.....nice shes marrying you and knew ahead of time.

Yeah she's really cool with it. I will say that as of right now my collection isn't very large at all. But she's into it. We look at the proto pics together. And when a new figure arrives she wants me to wait until she gets home from work and we open it together. She inspects it along with me. Asks questions, gives opinion. She even gives me her ideas on posing and feedback. It's so awesome sharing this with her.
She loves Wonder Woman so I'm hoping HT will do a Gal Gadot version from BvS. I'm dying to get her her first 1/6 figure [emoji4]

And in the interest of on topic: I really love my 3po. I'm still so surprised how cool he is in hand. God I love this hobby! LOL

Am I missing something here, or are the batteries not replaceable? The gap isn't big enough to remove them????

Am I missing something here, or are the batteries not replaceable? The gap isn't big enough to remove them????

I never keep batteries in any figures so those had to come out. It wasn't easy. Had to push them out with a screwdriver while trying to get hold of them with tweezers.

Wish SS and HT would just get rid of electronic features. :mad:

What's the general thoughts on this one? I'd really like a threepio to go with my R2 that I just got...but it seems like there's a lot of things wrong with this according to people. Is he worth getting or more of a pass?

Definitely worth buying. In my opinion the only thing wrong with it are the dumbs. For Pete's sake, Wor-Gar actually liked it...so you know it's good. Get it before you regret it.

Definitely a cool figure.

Finally took the plunge and heated the thumbs and twisted them. Not perfect yet, but an improvement. I'll revisit them again to finish the job.
c2d9457680c56a03a6eef07f2bd792fa.jpg

What's the general thoughts on this one? I'd really like a threepio to go with my R2 that I just got...but it seems like there's a lot of things wrong with this according to people. Is he worth getting or more of a pass?

I think it's worth getting if you take the plunge and fix the thumbs; I absolutely hate paying this kind of money for a figure that needs fixing but it's got to be done. If you get 3PO , make sure you purchase it from a source that will make good on any broken parts, Sideshow replaced a head and arm for me.

Also, because it's pretty fragile, pick a pose and stick with it.

He's one of my favorites right now, I posed him with R2 and they bring a smile to my face every time.

I am way to afraid to twist my thumbs....has anyone failed at this and broke them !

I was gonna heat them and use pliers covered with cloth?

I, unfortunately broke the left one twisting it. I didn't heat it prior though, that may have been my error.

For those thinking about twisting the thumbs: you could use pliers but you don't need to, I was able to twist mine by hand.

Keep in mind, when twisting the thumbs- Unless there is room inside the hand for the T shaped base of the thumb to pop out of the socket, the thumb could easily break. What you're doing is twisting a T shaped piece of plastic against the inside of the hands, which is designed to hold that T shaped joint tight. So beware. Personally I wouldn't try this method.

Sean

Back