Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it may come down to price with people. If he ends up being around $150-$175, people might be willing to overlook some of the faults if it means having him in their collection.

True, myself included.

I'd like to see a stop-motion fight between the Tamashii and SS 3POs to decide which is better once and for all.

I can just picture it:

tumblr_n31bw6o6kW1rjxtulo1_400.gif

The thing that stuck out to me the most about the PF is the shoulders looked too broad or too forward which gave the whole silhouette the wrong look.

With all the "experts" on this board I'm not surprised they haven't joined together.
They could make their own collectible company and produce flawless 1/6 scale figures,PF's and everything else.
:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

Well, not much arm movement and not-so-great paint so far doesn't inspire a lot of hope. After how many years of waiting? 8 now? This figure -- core character -- seems a little rushed. They've had a lot of time to find good paint. That's the single defining feature of this figure. This brassy color doesn't look right.

i THINK the arm articulation due to the pistons is no more restriction than the tamashii has. meaning, he CAN't completely straighten them, due to the pistons only sliding so far.

Just like the movie costume.

He does seem to have a long chin. Never would have seen that without direct comparison.

View attachment 122563View attachment 122564

Pistons also seem to be in the same extended position on both sides, so I don't think they 'pump'. The may twist as needed.

That said, the overall shape of Threepio looks great.

Me either. I can really see it now. Wish I hadn't. LOL

Tap'd from my LG G2

I guess the prices for the medi versions will drop now. The new SS version looks way better than I expected to be honest

well.. you're gonna have to.. likely a while.

Spill it.

I will say this...SW has been Howard of HT's #1 wanted license for some time now. They keep pumping out Iron Man figures right and left because they sell. And Iron Man 2 and 3 were both mediocre movies at best. Then all the other Marvel Stuff, because it sells. They do Nolan Bat and Batman stuff because it sells well.

Now follow me around the room ;)

take Howard's #1 most wanted license + the #1 selling toy brand/license of all time(SW/Kenner practically invented action figures) + SW is worldwide, on a whole different level than, Iron Man, Batman, and other Marvel characters + the amount of $$$ that Hasbro stands to make + Disney's 4 billion dollar investment to reinvigorate the SW franchise.

What does that tell you HT's intentions are ;)

...Keep in mind that the Transformers license HT got was through a deal with...Hasbro...who owns SW figure rights. The Hasbro/HT meetings were about more the TF figs...

That's all well and good, and totally plausible - it makes perfect sense of course. But at the same time there are existing relationships here to protect amongst the manufacturers and some curation that happens from LFL. It would seem beyond strange to launch the same character in the same format, around the same time, for both companies.

I'm convinced Hot Toys can do an amazing job, but I'm also convinced they can miss the mark just as easily. ;)

Back