Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think another thing to point out, is that above reference pic - pretty sure that's from ROTJ. This figure is looks to be mostly ANH so far, so comparing heads ain't gonna cut it.

Daniels' mask in ROTJ was a tad different contour wise, e.g; the lower face area.

Its OK, I'm not too bothered by the long chin on the figure.

And you're right -- the ANH chin is even shorter than the ROTJ. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

ANH_HD_3po10.jpg

I know where you're going with this, but actually, bright polished brass that's gotten tarnished is what the movie 3PO looks like (as shown in that photo) - I don't think the paint on Sideshow's prototype looks much like brass and that's the problem. Too hazy a finish and not specular enough. It reminds me of a finish I've possibly seen on a Hasbro 3 3/4 figure.

Brassy for lack of a better term. 3PO's color is difficult to define and apparently equally difficult to replicate. So much of it depends on the lighting around it.

I hope they take that figure out into so other lighting contexts. Or stop with the bad flashes.

Not sold on this one yet. Abdominal wires do look good on later close-up pic but other than that, owning Tamashii's version, nothing did convince me to pick up another 3PO. I guess we'll se what's coming with it on PO day.

I think, for the price, this could be a great piece for people who don't have a 1:6 3PO. I think I'll stick with my Tamashi though.

Well, not much arm movement and not-so-great paint so far doesn't inspire a lot of hope. After how many years of waiting? 8 now? This figure -- core character -- seems a little rushed. They've had a lot of time to find good paint. That's the single defining feature of this figure. This brassy color doesn't look right.

Don't give into the despair Artax... you have to fight it!!!

tns_031noahhathawayartax.jpg

At this stage in the game, after seeing the SS 3PO I hope they revise it. Wow, it doesn't look that good. Tamashii FTW. I expected more :(

At this stage in the game, after seeing the SS 3PO I hope they revise it. Wow, it doesn't look that good. Tamashii FTW. I expected more :(

OUCH! And there you have it. From the man who brought us the BR Batman. He's there, he's seen it, up close -- just like Brody's seen the shark. And he doesn't like it.

My $180 is going into the Tamashii pot.

The head reminds me of the Clone Wars Animated series. The chin looks a little too long.

Cheesus people... if C-3PO hears you he's going to develop an eating disorder, you girls are catty :lecture

Last edited:
Are his fingers articulated?

I saw that too. They do kind of look like it, if they're wired.

Cheesus people... if C-3PO here's you he's going to develop an eating disorder, you girls are catty :lecture

Ah-hem....

I think the only way to make this 3PO work as is is to make him really weathered and filthy.

Well it may come down to price with people. If he ends up being around $150-$175, people might be willing to overlook some of the faults if it means having him in their collection.

Back