Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked him up yesterday and got it unboxed this evening.
It's a good looking figure, and obviously works well with R2.
The light up eyes are really nice and look very authentic.

Quick pic on the coffee table.

Optical illusion. It caught me out as well when you mentioned it, but he definitely has one of each right and left hands. ;-)

Added the price plus my shipping costs--$10 for most of the Hot Toys to see how much this awesome pic would set someone back. And let's not pretend that if you have all these Leia and a Stormtrooper wouldn't make the cut.

$230 - Kenobi
$250 - 3PO
$240 - Luke
$165 - R2-D2
$240 - Han Solo
$265 - Chewbacca
$310 - Vader

$1,700

It kind of hurts when you put it that way...and I still don't have Han! Speaking of monetary investment, is there a thread or discussion on insuring these wonderful figures and collections?

Crap. :(

In my own defense, I'd just spent three days photographing TOD Indiana Jones. :lol

That made me laugh. I kind of know how you feel though, when I got Chewie I had him all posed up and futzed with before I realized I forgot to put his bag over his shoulder.

Next Tuesday for me, by UPS out of Hong Kong.

I was crossing my fingers hoping I wouldn't get a shipment notification too soon, as I didn't want him coming by FedEx from the US. There's always a delay between SS taking the money and the item starting to move, so I thought it was looking hopeful for a Hong Kong delivery.

Mine's out for delivery again. I'm not leaving the house today until I have this guy in hand!

I still think the tamashii looks better.maybe it`s just something that`s throwing him off. :dunno

I own the Tamashii and won't buy this, but one of the really nice things about this figure is that it can be made to look just as good or better, and everyone seems happy with it. I don't really rate Sideshow's products so I couldn't have predicted that, and it was a cool surprise.

Just opened my 3PO. Right out of the box one of the pistons is broken, the left shoulder joint won't stay in and there's a scratch on his head that is not part of the weathering.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with him and think he looks great beside R2.

I'm definitely going to do something to improve the weathering.

Great review. Can 3po sit down?

Well, my Threepio arrived and I've had some time with him and I have to say that I am really excited by this figure!

The gold paint is mesmerizing. I can't believe how much sheen they got out of this paint. I imagine this must be where a majority of the COST came into play. In fact, I wish they had used this silver paint (on the right leg) for R2's dome.

This thing looks like real metal!

First, no broken pistons, no scratches or things like that -- so good for me. I do have some 'flashing' on the knees -- which is my biggest gripe -- and that will require some extra "grime" to hide it. Some of the "oil" weathering is better placed (like the drips) than others (every crease seems to be penciled in)... but we knew that.

Again, the overall paint is so great, it really doesn't bother me.

Another thing I like, is that the sharp "spikes" on the forehead and outside both knees is a soft vinyl so they won't snap off. Brilliant idea!

The light up eyes work beautifully -- my head popped out easily, no issues.

The pistons work fine in their slides -- just be gentle. Threepio likes it gentle.

He has more articulation that I was expecting.

He is also HEAVIER than I was expecting. He's not loose and jingly or flimsy -- he's definitely lighter than the "metal" paint would lead you to believe but he's far weightier than R2. He weights about what Hasbro's Threepio weighs. He's light but not in a ridiculous way.

Overall -- this is my new favorite figure! I am truly thrilled by what Sideshow has done here... honestly. This is a great way to go out!

View attachment 236952

Used to be UPS would deliver packages around 4p so by the time I got home my figure was waiting for me... anymore it's like 8p or later. But at the very least I know he's arriving today so I'll get to check him out and see first hand how he compares to the Tamashi. So far I think the finish looks a bit nicer and I'll definitely be removing the chocolate milk stains in order to redo the weathering.

All these figure companies really should add a little "*Looks much better in hand." on their promotional shots :rotfl

Add me to the "looks much better in hand" group. Really lovely figure and looks great next the formerly lonely R2D2.

Back