Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited to see SSC do 3PO partly because of all the things the body style/sculpts might deliver down the road. I already ordered R2 so this is a no brainer.

Previously I had decided to pass on this figure because I already have the Bandai one and Medi one. But damn if it turns out to be really nice, I may give in to the dark side and pick one up. With three 3PO's I'll have a lot of display options with my other figures :)

Hmm, wasn't really planning to pick up 3PO but having PO'd R2, I may spring on this. Depends on price though.

Kinda like the TIE pilot, Biker Scout & the AT-AT Driver.

None of those are part of the small group of protagonists. AKA, the lead characters. The good guys.

They must be working on furry versions of those guys too.

Only the underwear. As well as keeping things warm on Hoth, they also provide tremendous moisture-wicking performance for those Biker Scouts and TIE pilots.

Yeah.. I know what you mean.

:lol

Ha, exactly.

None of those are part of the small group of protagonists. AKA, the lead characters. The good guys.

They're more iconic than half the figures Sideshow has released so far.

Last edited:
Yeah.. I know what you mean.

:lol

BN66850865.jpg

View attachment 120951
If and when a Tie Pilot is done, hope its the ANH version and variant - love those extra helmet markings. When I was a kid seeing SW for the first time at the Chinese Theater (yeah Im old), I thought the Tie Pilot was the coolest character in the whole movie.

Who-hoo I am so very happy to be buying this when it's ready for pre-order.

With R2 only about six months away, i am really pumped for this. The Tamashi is probably the ulimate 3po, but sideshow's should impress.
Looking foward to replacing my hasbro one from my jabba display. Only question is, am i game to paint ss 3po with green paint to simulate
The squashed fruit on him in the bossk scene. Maybe?

Use a paint that remains water soluble after it dries and you can easily remove it later without risk of damaging/altering the factory finishes - it's one of the things I planned to do with the Tama when I was waiting for it the first time I bought it (the sale didn't work out so I'm 3PO-less right now).

Last edited:
Going to take back what I said about a sculpted Chewie being unacceptable... I really like HT's Rocket Racoon figure, and while the fur on that figure is much more cropped than Chewie's would be, it does look good. Maybe a sculpted Chewie would work, also. I definitely would rather it's tried and passed, than it was never made at all. :monkey2

Last edited:
Back