Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you are right about the wrinkles.

beetlejuice 4.jpg

Are you kidding...BJ is still pretty popular because a generation of kids grewup watching the film. In fact, I see the movie playing on the Disney channel all the time. The first thing people ask Keaton is, when is BJ2 coming out :lol I think he's pretty popular in the mainstream. If you google SS BJ, you'll see movie news websites like Joblo and Collider talking about the figure, so I do think there's market for it.

I think the figure will sellout even with the ridiculous price tag. It might take a while, but it'll sell out just like the Snake Plissken sold out on the SS website or the 1/6 Joker too...and now that figure is pretty expensive. To be fair, the joker is a nice looking figure and it comes with a lot of accessories.

There is a big fan base yes, but many ssc and Hts collectors mainly focus on DC and marvel, but do like the movie. But those who like the movie as myself, don't like it enough to buy it as is with price, head sculpt, and lack of accessories. There is just not enough there to pull in the average fan of the character, and also pull in a new collector who does not collect 1/6 figures.

After seeing pics of Hts 1966 batmobile pulled me in to collecting 1/6 and eventually pf figures. Beetlejuice has a better than cult following, buy not enough there to the Figure to bring me to pull the trigger on it. Sideshow missed the mark big-time, and that's a shame.

This is just my opinion, but a couple of my friends who are in the same boat as mine are really disappointed in head sculpt, price, and not including the tombstone that is probably made out of PVC.

The sculpt isn't even the worst part to me. The sculpted hair, lack of accessories and price is what gets me most.

What part of the Film did BeetleJuice wear this Green Mustache ???

betj.jpg

I imagine the high price is due to this being a cult classic, meaning comparatively few fans/customers so the production costs (which are the same if you sell 10 or 10k units) are spread out over less product. Same happened with Big Chief's 1st doctor The price was higher due to only 500 being produced instead of 1000 or more, and less were produced because the demand isn't there. No company wants to get stuck with extra stock sitting around that they have to heavily discount to get rid of (see SS's first "reasonably priced" Cult Classic Snake Plisskin).

The likeness is terrible, and yeah go ahead and pose him then stand back and glare at that goofy expression on his face. And $240,... this piece is on the $190 cobra commander level. For $240 they should include a second portrait, and that tombstone,.. seriously $125 for that hunk of plastic. Jeeze sideshows prices are getting out of hand

I imagine the high price is due to this being a cult classic, meaning comparatively few fans/customers so the production costs (which are the same if you sell 10 or 10k units) are spread out over less product. Same happened with Big Chief's 1st doctor The price was higher due to only 500 being produced instead of 1000 or more, and less were produced because the demand isn't there. No company wants to get stuck with extra stock sitting around that they have to heavily discount to get rid of (see SS's first "reasonably priced" Cult Classic Snake Plisskin).

Hey you, don't be bringing that fancy logic and business sense in here.

Back