Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

I think that SS and hot toys are obviously both reading how horrible of a job that SS has done with Beetlejuice and see that their is a really big demand for a Beetlejuice figure to be made and come out affordable and with accessories. This is a no brainer hot toys,grab that license and give Beetlejuice the respect he deserves! Hope to hear something from hot toys or any company looking to make money on a well produced figure.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

Oh and yeah I'm lost about the craving for shrimp hands also as stated that was the Matlins idea.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I'm not particularly fussed by price, so that's not the reason I will probably pas on this, despite it being such a great film.

Headsculpt. Woeful. Visit SS headquarters and ralph on their doorstep bad.

F-

And was the final product good?

Sorry I mixed the companies ACI toys made an aragorn too but the company I was refering to is called Asmus. Check the wip pic and the final product.

69381c07gw1ej8oets4uuj207q0bm74n.jpg
asmus_toys-aragorn-the_lord_of_the_rings-incredible_figures-300.jpg

Here's one of the main problems with Sideshow as a collectibles company, and why you hardly ever see them tweak products based on early feedback:

Their Creative Team, right or wrong (I say wrong, but that's my opinion), consider themselves more as "artists" than product developers. That is a base disconnect that has been an issue since the company has been in existence. And unless that aspect of their Creative Team changes, they'll never be like other companies in that regard (responding to customers and consistently looking to improve products beyond the Prototype stage). This is also the main reason why they clung to the "doll dot" on 1:6 figures for so long and why the paint schemes on their human PFs look like caked on makeup and why many PFs have "dynamic" poses that aren't iconic, or scene-specific or don't even reflect that particular character. These are aesthetic choices that they make... and for the most part, they will always stick with them, no matter what we think.

As always, vote with your wallet. No amount of polls or petitions will work.

Sideshow is defintly seeing all the negative they keep sending emails and posting on Facebook etc! A friend of mine who knows someone who works for sideshow has given me some info which we already knew and that is this is not selling at all!

If sideshow are really that dumb to see that the price with lack of extra's and an awful sculpt is why it isn't selling then they are dumb! All they need to do is either tweak that sculpt or just hire someone to redo it! I'm hoping they have reached the limit and realised that we want value for money not cheap and nasty!
They know they've messed up because they are pushing this and non are biting...Maybe they should listen :rotfl

Here's one of the main problems with Sideshow as a collectibles company, and why you hardly ever see them tweak products based on early feedback:

Their Creative Team, right or wrong (I say wrong, but that's my opinion), consider themselves more as "artists" than product developers. That is a base disconnect that has been an issue since the company has been in existence. And unless that aspect of their Creative Team changes, they'll never be like other companies in that regard (responding to customers and consistently looking to improve products beyond the Prototype stage). This is also the main reason why they clung to the "doll dot" on 1:6 figures for so long and why the paint schemes on their human PFs look like caked on makeup and why many PFs have "dynamic" poses that aren't iconic, or scene-specific or don't even reflect that particular character. These are aesthetic choices that they make... and for the most part, they will always stick with them, no matter what we think.

As always, vote with your wallet. No amount of polls or petitions will work.

Good points, seems like an accurate summary of Sideshow and why they can be so frustrating.

Sideshow is defintly seeing all the negative they keep sending emails and posting on Facebook etc! A friend of mine who knows someone who works for sideshow has given me some info which we already knew and that is this is not selling at all!

If sideshow are really that dumb to see that the price with lack of extra's and an awful sculpt is why it isn't selling then they are dumb! All they need to do is either tweak that sculpt or just hire someone to redo it! I'm hoping they have reached the limit and realised that we want value for money not cheap and nasty!
They know they've messed up because they are pushing this and non are biting...Maybe they should listen :rotfl
You would figure they would make changes as it might put more money in their pockets, but as far as i can remember, i dont think SST has tweaked any of their figs based on customer input. Maybe they should start.

Why throw good money after bad? I guess this will go the route of Plissken, linger for a long while then deep discounts to clear inventory. And that will likely be it for the Cult Classic line, unless they can pick a more widely popular "cult" license. There just aren't thousands and thousands of people willing to pay $250-350 for a Beetlejuice figure.

I think there aren't thousands and thousands of people willing to pay $250-350 for a bad Beetlejuice figure. If a company did a quality sculpt with great accessories he would sell--even at $250.

Not so sure about that. I think the demand for merchandise from this 30 year old movie isn't as strong as some of its fans think. This isn't Marvel, DC, Star Wars or even Back to the Future - all of which have their own expensive 1/6 products coming this year. Even if it were aces, at this price I think there's just too much in the market competing.

I see a more people complaining about the sculpt than the price, though both are horrible. Though I think part of the issue with the price is due to Sideshow's poor 1/6 track record. If there was a better head sculpt, he had more accessories, and this was a Hot Toys figure, I think people would spend the $240. I've seen people spend several hundred more on a custom Beetlejuice figure. Regardless, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Can we try to make a mob and hit them up with some email. Like for real. Tell the that we all want it but the sculpt needs to be fixed. Maybe get Trevor Grove to do it. Forget petitions, lets make an arragement and do it at the same time. Maybe put them in erspective to receive 60 or 70 email telling them what can be done to at least makes us interest. If the scuplt was good and if it had some snakes and a small beetlejuice head I would be very happy.

I think there aren't thousands and thousands of people willing to pay $250-350 for a bad Beetlejuice figure. If a company did a quality sculpt with great accessories he would sell--even at $250.

No way. Unless the Edition Size is relatively low, they are going to choke on these things.

The outrageous price is also a deal-breaker for many. This is one of the worst values the 1:6 market has ever had.

The outrageous price is also a deal-breaker for many. This is one of the worst values the 1:6 market has ever had.

I agree. What you get isn't worth $240, but I've seen posts from people on here saying they'd spend the $240, even with the crappy HS, if Sideshow included the tombstone. Personally, I think Sideshow has just screwed this up from the get-go and told them so at SDCC when I saw the HS. Now, it has a bad HS, no accessories, and they're trying to milk another $125 by not including the tombstone. They haven't shown they can produce a quality 1/6 figure that's worth this new $240 price point, but throw everything else on top of that and this release is a joke. There are still people ordering it though--not many, but orders are being placed. For anyone to say that Beetlejuice doesn't have enough following to warrant a figure is ridiculous. If HT made this it would still be in the $220 range, and collectors would gladly pay it because they'd know they were going to get a quality figure.

If you think the prototype pics are bad just wait till you see the production shots....:horror

I'm curious to see what the final product looks like. I only have one SS figure, and that's the Joker, which came out looking pretty well. Both the paint and sculpt were more or less the same as the prototype. The outfit was close too...but the quality took a bit of a dive, but not much at all. It's a solid figure with a lot of accessories, including an extra head sculpt and coat, among other things. I don't remember the retail price, but luckily I got it from ebay for $110...I think. So I can't criticize SS too much since I'm happy with the only SS figure I own.

Then again, it's not a normal human character, so maybe that's why the sculpt and paint look nice, so hopefully the same happens with Beetlejuice since he's not a normal human, like say, Snake Plissken. If the final product looks like the current prototype as far as the paint quality, sculpt, and tailoring, I'll be happy...but I still might wait to see if the price goes down. If the price doesn't go down...I'll eventually buy it because there is no other official BJ figure out there. I do like my NECA and Kenner BJ figures, but I really want a 1/6 version ever since I started buying 1/6 figures many years ago.

Why throw good money after bad? I guess this will go the route of Plissken, linger for a long while then deep discounts to clear inventory. And that will likely be it for the Cult Classic line, unless they can pick a more widely popular "cult" license. There just aren't thousands and thousands of people willing to pay $250-350 for a Beetlejuice figure.

Heh, careful what you wish for. They may pick up more licenses for the Cult Classics line, but that just gives them more opportunities to put out mediocre figures or figures with their own artistic interpretation that you won't want to buy either (despite your interest in the license).

I really hate to discourage any manufacturer from producing figures from neglected properties like older cult films. Part of me thinks that a mediocre Beetlejuice figure is better than no Beetlejuice figure (at least I have something I can work with, right?) and it's impossible for Sideshow to please everyone and shouldn't necessarily try. However, the other part of me thinks that a great Beetlejuice figure would be better than a mediocre Beetlejuice figure and I probably shouldn't buy something just because it's good enough and/or won't be produced any better, if at all, by anyone else after Sideshow's figure fails to sell.

Back