Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a second tier character.

WWnpJgM.gif

And for those who wait and miss the ex or buy parted out set's there is an easy option to get a booked sculpted and use a decal to make the book so really no point in even bothering. Sideshow you suck!

Was looking forward to this but it looks terrible. Just poorly sculpted, paint looks slapped on and the tailoring is ugh. Looks like the SS figures of old when they were charging $49. Then it would have been okay ... Barely.

Hey. Tonner is fine quality-wise. It's just a fashion doll style, not realism. Sideshow just made an astoundingly poor design choice that I question how anyone who likes this film could sign off on.

Odd that people don't consider hands to be accessories.

It's funny though, considering what hands actually cost to manufacture, compared to what they sell for at places like Toy Anxiety. They're more or less selling at cost.
Hands are hardly accessories at this point. Not when pretty much every figure released has at least one pair if not more of interchangeable hands. That's basically doing the bare minimum to try and justify a figure as having accessories. Oh but I forgot one of those hands is holding a nail file. :lol

Why does he come with the Handbook for the Recently Deceased?
I could see if they were going to make Adam & Barbara Maitland that they would come with the book!
Easy pass.
The in hand pics are going to be needed to change my mind!

for $140 I would consider this figure ($180 if made by Hot Toys) considering that it has no accessories. For $240 it might sell if they included the Tombstone that they are charging an extra $125 for. Hot Toys would have made this with the tombstone for $250 or less... Sideshow has officially lost its mind!

Snake Plissken was my last sideshow purchase, what a disappointment that was.

That sculpt is really terrible and i see no likeness in it. The tombstone is pretty cool though.

Yanz8dr.gif

I'll bet you dollars to donuts the forearms arms aren't sculpted.

To Fabio's point, we knew the Star Wars license excuse wasn't legit after seeing Ash. Please review galactiboy's post for more details on this issue.

Yeah, I see watches listed in the product description; so I'm guessing he comes with some ones you can put on the arms. Which is probably fine, but it will mean the forearms are probably just cast in a whitesh plastic and won't look very good.

I was hoping for fully sculpted ones with some green muck details and what-not.

And yes, the Star Wars licensing fees line is out the window... there is no-f'n way they are paying the same kind of prices for Beetlejuice or Ash :lol

for $140 I would consider this figure ($180 if made by Hot Toys) considering that it has no accessories. For $240 it might sell if they included the Tombstone that they are charging an extra $125 for. Hot Toys would have made this with the tombstone for $250 or less... Sideshow has officially lost its mind!

Snake Plissken was my last sideshow purchase, what a disappointment that was.

Even at $160 Plissken was a disappointment due to how crappy the final figure was. But in his defense he was pretty loaded with accessories... for $80 more you get way less figure and it will still probably have some significant QC isssues as there is really no incentive for Sideshow to care about the final product. If you don't like Beetlejuice it's not like that will hurt future sales as it's a one and done license for them.

so in order to get a decent Beetlejuice and display, buy this figure... buy the headstone... hope somebody makes a good custome sculpt ir two... Buy those, have them painted... maybe haired... body swap the outfit... add some padding... tighten the tailoring... Add a couple of accessories. And now you have a great looking Beetlejuice figure and it's only cost you $750.

so in order to get a decent Beetlejuice and display, buy this figure... buy the headstone... hope somebody makes a good custome sculpt ir two... Buy those, have them painted... maybe haired... body swap the outfit... add some padding... tighten the tailoring... Add a couple of accessories. And now you have a great looking Beetlejuice figure and it's only cost you $750.

Something like that...

That's worse than I feared... and from the pictures I can't tell if he has sculpted forearms with the watches. That at least would add a bit of extra cost to this figure, but if they skipped that part (which was present on all 3 custom version so far) it will be a big disappointment.

Figure- $25
Piss-poor paint- -$1
Licensing fees- $1
Price gouge- $215

:lol It's funny 'cause it's true

I'm just gonna wait until either a really good sale or buy it used. I've learned long ago to NEVER EVER NEVER buy sixth-scale Sideshow new unless maaaybe it's a must have exclusive. Hot Toys is different but Sideshow can eat their overpriced figures for all I care. I'll freely admit I buy and enjoy Sideshow figures to a degree but there's no way their price point should be on par with Hot Toys.

Such arrogance with this company.

Wow, the negativity surrounding this figure is approaching Failamir-level. At least when people balked at the X-Wing Luke price, the prototype looked great.

Back