Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry a-dev, that truely sucks. Those little guys are easy to love and very hard to let go. I got a little weiner dog and he is my shadow, everywhere I go he wants to go and could'nt imagine him not being around.

cellpicsnewyear131_zpscc51b2ad.jpg

Sorry to hear about that a-dev. This stuff is tough.

We got our dog in 2000 and he's still going strong. He's still a quick, loud, neurotic son of a *****. He recently had a check up at the vet and they said, "he's healthy, a middle aged dog". Going on 13 is middle age? I thought that was nuts. I've been expecting to see signs of him slowing down but have yet to see it. Then again, he's a Jack Russell Terrier breed. Some of those ****ers live to be 20.

We had a cat that lived to 24. We had to put him down. He just wouldn't die.

Woah, that's crazy.

Oldest cat we had was 16 or 17. Can't remember. First pet I ever had. He had a nice long life. He was tough and had an attitude too. I remember the struggle he gave me when we were putting him in the carrier to take him to the vet for the last time. That was a sad day.

Yup, same thing with him. He was an alley cat really. He spent a few hours our of the day in our alley in the back of our house kicking the **** out of any cat that needed it. Well in his younger years of course. In the end it got really bad. He had these terrible abscesses in a couple of his front teeth, his balance and strength was off not to mention very poor eye sight.He also lost a ton of weight. He would spend hours staring at the wall. Seriously, he would be like 3 inches from it. We don't know what that was about but our only guess was he didn't know it was there. He tried to make the table from the counter one day and went right into the trash can. Okay, admittedly those are a little funny now. But they weren't at the time.It was bad.

Its hard to enjoy anything at the moment. Its snowing heavily right now, ordinarily something I'd get excited about because we rarely get it here. Unfortunately all I can think is its the first snow where I'm one dog short. Everything from tuesday on has been 'the first since...'.

Very sorry to hear of your loss.When a pet dies the pain is palpable.It s something I ve too much experience of.

Sorry to hear about that a-dev. This stuff is tough.

We got our dog in 2000 and he's still going strong. He's still a quick, loud, neurotic son of a *****. He recently had a check up at the vet and they said, "he's healthy, a middle aged dog". Going on 13 is middle age? I thought that was nuts. I've been expecting to see signs of him slowing down but have yet to see it. Then again, he's a Jack Russell Terrier breed. Some of those ****ers live to be 20.

The 7 year rule is just an average. Usually smaller dogs live longer. My Sheltie is 11 years old and he's really showing his age. Not on his face, but because he has arthritis so bad. My other Sheltie lived till he was 14, but I don't think this one will. :(

Its hard to enjoy anything at the moment. Its snowing heavily right now, ordinarily something I'd get excited about because we rarely get it here. Unfortunately all I can think is its the first snow where I'm one dog short. Everything from tuesday on has been 'the first since...'.

a-dev, the best thing you can do is enjoy your other dog. Do things with him. You have to center on him now.

:1-1:

Thanks guys.

Thats a cute dog. I saw your earlier post about the hilarious way he sits with his back legs sticking up. :)

All I can say is the last 2 nights have been 2 of the worst of my life. I usually love my alone time but thats when its hitting the hardest. You try to distract yourself from it and you feel guilty. Hell you can't even distract yourself from it because virtually every avenue of thought leads you right back.

Really sorry to hear Andrew. Hope you pull through! :(

Man, a-dev...I feel for you. My cat Chester is almost 16, and although he's in great health and you'd never know his age, that could change at any moment. I dread his health failing. Anyway, just keep your head up and be there for your other pups, like I know you will. :)

Just had to have my dog put to sleep. He was fine one minute, then the next he was down and disoriented. Ran him to the vet and his pupils were dialated and he couldn't breathe even with oxygen. They think he had a seizure due to a heart problem. I'm just heartbroken. It came out of no where. I'll miss him so much.

Just had to have my dog put to sleep. He was fine one minute, then the next he was down and disoriented. Ran him to the vet and his pupils were dialated and he couldn't breathe even with oxygen. They think he had a seizure due to a heart problem. I'm just heartbroken. It came out of no where. I'll miss him so much.

Sorry to hear that. One of my dogs had a similar thing.

that's the problem with having a pet companion- they go too soon and it is heartbreaking.....

Know how you feel, Ween. Our Bailey was the same(sort of;we knew she was sick).In our case, it was like her meds just quit.I strongly recommend you start looking for a new buddy right away.Our new boy Benny is making the mourning period vastly easier...PS

Ween I'm so sorry. :(

Very sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my 2 year old dog 8 months ago. Very sudden. She had an aneurism. The one I lost previous to her was my 16 year old collie Jack. Fit and healthy all his life, then one night he had a stroke and a few hours later he was gone.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. It's very hard. And I just found out a bit ago that my brother has been moved to hospice care and that he doesn't have long to live.

@Wax.....I couldn't get a new pet right now because of me working. I'd have to wait till summer. I'm suppose to have surgery on my knee sometimes as well. I would have to wait till I get that done too.

Back