Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 at once?God, that's terrible.My deepest condolences, for what it's worth.While I realize that you can never replace them,you should think about it,at least.Believe it or not, it will lessen the pain(I speak from hard experience)...PS

Thanks :duff We have three cats and a long hair chihuahua. We are going to be getting another long hair chihuahua because Tigger has never been by herself.

It took me close to a year before I could get another one and when I saw my Sawyer, I had to have him. He's 10 now and is having leg problems. :(

I can totally understand wanting to wait.

I got two older pups as well, a lab and a timberwolfe/husky. Their legs are bothering them too.

It's just the life cycle. Their like people, if their in enough pain, letting em' go is the best decision. It might be the hardest, but they'd thank you for it. It always sucks losing a pet, no matter what it is but just know they no longer have to suffer.

That's the thing it was time as both as they were in pain and weak.

When we found out that we were going to loose our male Boston Bob, we started thinking about getting a "new friend"for his little sister, Bailey.About 2 weeks before we let him go we found a female Bostie that could have been his twin;needless to say, she came home with us.It's now been 4 years, and I'm still not sure how Bailey feels about Becky(sometimes it seems like she's just putting up with her)but we've grown to love her dearly. Just remember that a new puppy is a NEW puppy, and won't necessarily be anything like the old;Becky is her own little person,not much like Bob(though she gets more like him as time passes)...PS

Jordan the one on the right side of the picture has had diabetes for quite a while. Over time he's lost his eye sight and eventually got the point he literally wasn't comfortable in his own skin. So we were in the process of making plans to have hit sent on his way to a better place, and during that process the other puppy Joy basically stopped eating. Well, come to find out she most likely had liver cancer which moved very quickly. She also had arthritis in her back in from an injury when she was a pup and stress from a knee surgery. Those two combined to make it to where she didn't have the strength the last few days to do anything, and she probably wouldn't have made it through the weekend. So we decided today to send them on their way together much the same way they came into our lives 12 years ago as puppies. Needless to say my family is hurting pretty good. Both were ready and for them they needed to move on to heaven (yes, I believe my pets move on and will be there to give love to us again) but its odd after 12 years to not have them around anymore.

Wow, I am really sorry to hear this. Give lots of love to your remaining pets as they will be a comfort during this time.

There is a story told by the American Indians that the Great Spirit decided to divide the worlds of animal and man, so he gathered all the living beings on a great plain and drew a line in the dirt. On one side of the line stood man, on the other side stood all of the animals. And that line began to open up into a great crevasse and at the last moment, before it became unreachable, dog leaped over - and stood by man.

Wow, I am really sorry to hear this. Give lots of love to your remaining pets as they will be a comfort during this time.

Thank ya. :duff doing that for sure and boys does it help.

very sorry for your loss Josh. here's a poem i really like and i sure hope that what it says is true and we'll see our little furry friends when our time comes.

https://www.mytammy.co.uk/printbridge.html

Thank you! That is truly beautiful and I believe it's true.

830cdada.jpg

Cell phone pic of my Jack, Kittie and my little Dude, Charlie this morning.

536043_10150682201088229_504188228_9508576_2042069529_n.jpg

And a decent one of Kittie from this past weekend. I was taking pics of Charlie and she was chasing the flash, as she often does.

553904_264026370355782_229611467130606_577425_206839492_n.jpg

Jordan the one on the right side of the picture has had diabetes for quite a while. Over time he's lost his eye sight and eventually got the point he literally wasn't comfortable in his own skin. So we were in the process of making plans to have hit sent on his way to a better place, and during that process the other puppy Joy basically stopped eating. Well, come to find out she most likely had liver cancer which moved very quickly. She also had arthritis in her back in from an injury when she was a pup and stress from a knee surgery. Those two combined to make it to where she didn't have the strength the last few days to do anything, and she probably wouldn't have made it through the weekend. So we decided today to send them on their way together much the same way they came into our lives 12 years ago as puppies. Needless to say my family is hurting pretty good. Both were ready and for them they needed to move on to heaven (yes, I believe my pets move on and will be there to give love to us again) but its odd after 12 years to not have them around anymore.

Josh - have been out of town until yesterday. So very sorry to see that this had to happen. One at a time is bad enough but 2.....I couldn't help but cry for you and your family. Am thinking of you guys in trying to adjust.

Josh - have been out of town until yesterday. So very sorry to see that this had to happen. One at a time is bad enough but 2.....I couldn't help but cry for you and your family. Am thinking of you guys in trying to adjust.

Thanks Rumi. :duff I really appreciate it. Yeah, it's been rough no doubt. Tigger and the cats are giving us plenty of love though, and we've gotten lots of kind words.

Back