Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ithildin :wave I made that one myself – out of a table tennis ball.

I'm hoping to get another Saruman reg hand to sit it on and get it to light up.

If you hear of anyone who may have one to offer please let me know, I'll be happy to pay a fair price for it.

Cheers!

Hey Bill, way cool that you did it yourself. I really like it a lot!

Heck, if you weren't so far away, I'd have you make one for me since I haven't a artistic bone in my body.

Well done my friend. :)

I wish I knew when the next statue in the LOTR line is going to be announced/released. It's driving me crazy as I only collect LOTR. It's been over a year since Weta told us they were jumping back in to the 1/6 scale and we only have Faramir so far.

We are way overdue for the next piece and it's getting hard to have more patience. :gah:

Calgary CC is coming up and I've now got my hopes on a reveal at the show. :pray:

Please have mercy on us poor LOTR collectors Weta and give us something!

oapytd.jpg

Aren't you afraid the glass will crack? I got that gandalf maquette and it's pretty heavy.

Bill, you've got a strong will, to completely stay away from Weta's Hobbit line.

Yes a strong will, greatly helped by a very small amount of disposable funds in my bank account. :lol

I second that!:lecture

But in fairness to Weta's Hobbit line, the statues are one of the best sculpts I've ever seen. Thanks to the new sculpting technology. That's primarily why I find it so hard to resist them! :lol

I hear you brother and I couldn't agree more. :lecture

Hi hardyakka_mate :wave

Yeah the likeness is great. It's a very detailed piece...I love it. :love

I'm now looking forward to seeing what's next from Weta in their LOTR line.

I have managed to stay clear of their wonderful The Hobbit offerings, but I will admit – it has been hard.

:duff

As have I Bill, very hard. I do however have a few smials and bag end. Couldnt help myself.

Can't blame you for that Twilight Wraith :lol...they are very nice pieces :rock and could be considered both LOTR and The Hobbit pieces. Keep being strong :lol, I'm sure we will have some more LOTR offerings from Weta soon. :pray:

Hey Willocrew.
It's safety glass, also the shelf is not on the edges,it sticks over the shelf supports,they are closer to the base en therefore the glass is not even holding the wheight.
The best you can see at the king thror,his base s wide,this is holding the statue more than the glass does ;)

Aren't you afraid the glass will crack? I got that gandalf maquette and it's pretty heavy.

Here is my LOTR collection, which is complete now since I got Sauron yesterday

The 3 statues I have
Morgul Lord PF exclusive 350/500
The Dark Lord Sauron PF 1368/1500
Saruman The White PF Exclusive 118/400

closer shot of Sauron

side views and higher shots from below

A few shots of how the size up close up comparing Saruman and the witch king to Sauron

And final shot of Sauron

Back