Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, my only Franklin Mint piece is Smaug the Golden, its very nice, but it is not polystone but porcelain crystal like material.

yeah been looking for a good dragon for years, this looks awesome. Must be mine!

EDIT: to answer my own question i found it, it's made by Franklin Mint called Smaug The Golden Dragon. Seems pretty rare says it's 24kt gold accents or something, just picked up the only one available on ebay for 250 bucks :) Probably overpaid, but have to have it.

Figure%20Franklin%20Mint%20Hobbit%20Smaug.jpg

Sideshow is making deathwing from the world of Warcraft games He is going to look bad ass when he is finally released. Might be a good option in the future.

Sideshow is making deathwing from the world of Warcraft games He is going to look bad ass when he is finally released. Might be a good option in the future.

i have the blizconn mini version, although it will be a great statue i am sure i want a traditional red dragon that's representative of all the fantasy books/movies, this fits the bill perfectly.

got the smaug today, knew when i saw the first photo this will be a great piece and wasnt disappointed, amazing sculpt & detail. The paint app is also excellent on par with some of ss' better works. Material is not polystone, feels like ceramic/terra cotta, not sure what exactly it is. Sideshow can really learn a lesson here on how to package and present their $$$$ statues, imo this is how a highend collectible should be packaged and presented to the buyers. Not some cheap styrofoam wrapped in tape that makes a giant mess...

Also took some shots of my dedicated lotr curio since i got the camera out (anyone know tricks to take good photos behind glass with a mirror back?).

Mr smeagol looks so lonely all by himself down there :(

smaug1.jpg

smaug2.jpg

smaug3.jpg

smaug4.jpg

Great display! Why is arwen missing her head btw?

oh lol i am still waiting for the repaint from josh. Last update he said he stripped the paint already and the raw sculpt actually looks very good.

I am suppose to be next in queue for the repaint after he finishes the current project, probably a few more weeks. if you want the best, gotta wait for the honey :gah:

Got my sauron :)

As soon as i walked in the lobby, the doorman gave me that wtf-did-you-order-now look, right away I knew something big is waiting for me. This statue is really something else, i pity anyone who try to ship this thing, it's almost designed to be broken during shipping. Special thanks to dinodb for being a good seller and pack it really well.

Tremendous piece, very happy with the details/paint quality. The only thing i dont like is the way the head attaches, there is no magnet just put it on there very easy to knock off, no wonder so many broken sauron heads. But once it's in my locked cabinet, it looks fine.

Here are some updated shots with smaug & sauron, excuse the crappy photos due to the curio mirrorback reflections. The setup really looks much better in person.

curio11.jpg

curio12.jpg

curio13.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats gags...really nice setup there. :clap

Yeah, be careful of that Sauron head, I dropped and broke mine a couple of times now. :monkey2

In fact I am in the process of repairing mine once again. :duh

A bit of 'Blue Tack' or something like that (to keep the head on) would help a lot. :)

The first time I dropped/broke mine, I just tipped off it...and that as they say was that. :monkey2

Congrats again gags...looking real good. :yess:

:duff
Bill

okie, this really really is the LAST time i am redoing my lotr display! got rid of my curio and moved everything over to the ikea pax, hopefully no more running out of space!! :panic:

paxlotr1.jpg

paxlotr2.jpg

paxlotr3.jpg

and no photo set is complete without an arwen closeup :)
paxlotr4.jpg

and no photo set is complete without an arwen closeup :)
paxlotr4.jpg

Gotta admire the Pax (which is why I'm going to be using it soon!)

Seeing that Arwen repaint makes me sad I haven't gotten her yet. I was moving around the time it came out, so other things took precedence, but still, I want a repainted Arwen like that! Someday soon, hopefully.

okie, this really really is the LAST time i am redoing my lotr display! got rid of my curio and moved everything over to the ikea pax, hopefully no more running out of space!! :panic:

I lied :( it's been bothering me the fellowship is not all together, so I redid the shelves again!! got a new wider pax to put all the good guys together. The empty space behind gollum will be for the last 2 hobbits statues. And still waiting for weta to ship me that damn ring to put in the little box, been weeks.

I swear, this is the FINAL time i am rearranging my lotr statues :thud:

good guys:
lotrfinal1.jpg

bad guys:
lotrfinal2.jpg

Back