Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2836.jpg

Where did you aquire these? Do tell!

Chess pieces?

They also released them in the Collectors model series. Same watchers, but without the chess stand/ base. Cool pieces :lecture

Yes but I think they only released one of those not both poses

What's different in the poses?

The collectors figures just released 1 figure but I bought 2 for when WETA make the big Minas Morgul :wink1:

one has the left hand clenched...the other the right as in the film

Last edited:
Cheers Adolfo. I will scuttle off to have a look at the 2 I have to see if it was just a doubling up of 1 pose or they are different. Sure mine are the same pose though :wink1:

So sorry to hear that...I'm realizing myself a few things also and am selling most of my collection...but not too much LOTR...yet(scary word)

Why Olórin? Why have you decided to sell your collection? At the height of Hobbit-mania? Perhaps the time is actually right to sell them off with people's heightened interest on things Middle-Earth. With all The Hobbit merchandise out there, I'm starting to have a burnout myself. I'm gonna start to get picky on things that I'll get. I'm not gonna just buy, buy and buy anymore! :wink1:

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that...I'm realizing myself a few things also and am selling most of my collection...but not too much LOTR...yet(scary word)

You have the most expansive collection I've ever seen Adolfo! Yours is not just Middle-Earth! Why the decision? I'm starting to have space issues and burnout myself, so I might need to cut down on these collectibles. :wink1:

Why? Because I need the money. I'm currently going through a divorce and if I want to keep my house, I need the money to pay off part of my mortgage. I'm not happy about it, but it needs to be done.

Why? Because I need the money. I'm currently going through a divorce and if I want to keep my house, I need the money to pay off part of my mortgage. I'm not happy about it, but it needs to be done.

Ouch, that must be a hard thing to do.

You have the most expansive collection I've ever seen Adolfo! Yours is not just Middle-Earth! Why the decision? I'm starting to have space issues and burnout myself, so I might need to cut down on these collectibles. :wink1:

Health and work...it's catching up...LOL I have no space issues...but if My mortgage if no longer easy due to making only 50% of what I make then I gotta do what I gotta do....Health has gotten to me too...I really worry if am I going to see the whole Hobbit trilogy with what's going on...but I'm working on it...thank God I have the greatest family in the world..

Last edited:
Life throws a curve ball now and then and collectables are a disposable luxury at the end of the day.
But things can turn around and you can get back in that 'hunting saddle' again if you want to. Been through the blitz sales of beloved items and it stopped me going under as well as helping to shape my future collecting habits (which I know is a privileged position to end up in).
I feel for those who have a big crisis to meet and wish you a speedy turnaround of fate for the better :1-1:

And this is why I rail on about being a smart buyer of this stuff, interests change and life sometimes makes plans for you which is why I wouldn't spend 2k on an open edition collectible. Best of luck to all.

On burnout, I have to say I agree. I think the difference for me is Facebook where you see all the daily updates and listings from Weta and various fan based collectible sites. I guess I should have just unliked them (if you can even do that). Its odd, we have 3 more days to go and I don't hear a peep about the Hobbit in my daily life. Do people with cable TV see more about it?

Back