Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, you're in time for the hobbit collecting mania.

There are a number of colletibles in the pipeline that will be going up for pre order closer to the release date of the first movie.

Not strictly true as no-one has said anything about Hobbit collectibles, but you will of course be right!

I hope if Sideshow gets the license they will put out a line similar to the LOTR maquettes, maybe with a new base to differentiate. Although I don't think individual Dwarf statues would work, maybe families like Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur on one base?

Thank you odb and Mamba for your kind words, I'm flattered! :wave Honestly though I think there are much more, well, elaborate displays from fellow collectors out there!

Anyway, I'm about to do a little change to my setup and when I'm done I'll gladly post an update!

Now that the new maquette line is up and ready for some nice group shots I thought it's time to share some impressions of these and of my newly built man cave with you guys.

It's mainly Lord of the Rings, but not exclusivly. I wanted the presentation to have a bit of a bright and modern museum touch, not sure if I succeeded. Filling of the cabinets is not final (will never be), but anyway I'm quite happy so far. Hope you like it! :wave

P1000195Asmall.jpg

P1000194Asmall.jpg

P1000198Bsmall.jpg

P1000199smallgut.jpg

Well i have to say this is an amazing display Petrolos...:clap:clap

And i hope when mine is finished i'll be happy if it looks half as good :clap
Well done :yess:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :yess:

With my boromir ex po converted, I am finally caught up on this series! Special thanks to scarver & dinodb for being such wonderful sellers.

As i said before this series is phenomenal - the intricate details and excellent paint app. Especially when you have them together. I really cant find any fault with the paint app on a single piece, which is pretty amazing considering this is sideshow..

1) Gandalf - this turns out to be my favorite statue out of the series, my photo of him looks bad as are most photos, the statue has to be seen to be appreciated. This is probably the only piece where the ex is a must, the regular staff without the crystal and not holding in front of him just doesnt look right.

2) Aragorn - i like the thought process, with the removable hood piece so you can switchout the heads. I was going to display him with hooded head, but once i put the ex unhooded head on it looked so much better.

3) Legolas - i didnt find the skin color to be an issue at all, maybe just got lucky but his skin even under direct 2700k orange light still looks pretty pale as elf should be. Also to me legolas must hold the bow that defines him. So I made him hold the bow and only hold 1 ex dagger while leave the other dagger in his sheath (best of both worlds) - as if he just took a shot with the bow then realized there is an orc within melee range and unsheathed a dagger in the spare hand. The missing gold paint on the quiver is a disappointment but i dont really care much as it's in the back and hardly noticeable.

4) Gimli - although i dont feel the ex is a must, it's the best ex out of all the pieces so far if that makes sense. The dead orc is excellent and amount of stuff you have to add to gimli makes him the most complicated statue in the series. I dont really like the way ss did the hole in the eyebrow thing (see my post in gimli thread) but other than that excellent statue.

Time to bring out the hobbits sideshow!! Enjoy the photos:)

ps sorry about the optimus in the background, still waiting for his curio to arrive, it had to be custom made to hold such a deep base (stupid!)

lotr1.jpg

lotr2.jpg

lotr3.jpg

lotr4.jpg

lotr5.jpg

lotr5a.jpg

lotr6.jpg

lotr7.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I never got any of the Weta pieces, but am all in for the maquette line. Simply loving everything about it so far. Still have to throw some trim on the shelf, that's why it looks so hideous.

P1050894.jpg

P1050895.jpg

P1050896.jpg

Nice shots! I agree this line is awesome but I'm all in for this line. These turning out great doesn't surprise me though because it's Sideshow. :rock

Heres a quick pic of my LOTR section still got to mount the Escape off the road plaque on the wall.
Still got to add another "Baddie" and move the Balrog piece out of there but not sold on the Black Orc at all.
On another note wish i hadnt popped into this thread as now I have to get the LOTR maquettes they look fantastic!

Heres a quick pic of my LOTR section still got to mount the Escape off the road plaque on the wall.
Still got to add another "Baddie" and move the Balrog piece out of there but not sold on the Black Orc at all.
On another note wish i hadnt popped into this thread as now I have to get the LOTR maquettes they look fantastic!

I was really impressed with my Black Orc. The detail and use of different materials is great. It would fill out your display nicely. If you're not convinced, Gollum PF, the Morgul Lord PF, the SSW Sauron, or one of the upcoming PF's would all pair well with those.

I was really impressed with my Black Orc. The detail and use of different materials is great. It would fill out your display nicely. If you're not convinced, Gollum PF, the Morgul Lord PF, the SSW Sauron, or one of the upcoming PF's would all pair well with those.

I'm still in the process of building my display room...hopefully within a couple of months time i will upload some pictures here:pray:
Well to say everything i never fancied the Premium formats...:slap
But when Gollum came for Pre-Orders i had to get him...he has no cloths just one tiny rag so for me it was a ploystone statue...but man when i got him the size and detail blew me away:yess: and then i got the Moria Orc which is the closest you can get to having a life orc at home:clap amazing now Gandalf the Grey joined the group and hopefully someday the Morgul lord...which i missed:slap
:goodpost:everyone amazing displays :exactly:

Great thread, and great collections so far!

Here's my humble collection:

IMG_1221.jpg

The lower shelf is my Fellowship shelf: All nine walkers are represented. The middle shelf holds Gollum and Sméagol, two Gandalf busts, miniature Sting and Glamdring by Noble, 'No Admittance' bookends, Rivendell, Bilbo statue and Bag End. On the top shelf you can find a Gandalf 3D puzzle, the One Ring, the Evenstar and Saruman and Gríma.

Some more close ups of my new Rivendell section:

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

Next up: my Forces of Evil display:

IMG_1226.jpg

On top of the display cabinet you can find two grails: the Witch-king statue and the Ringwraith and Steed, complemented by a Sauron Helm and Morgul Lord watch display (by Fossil). On the wall is my GG mini Balrog wallmount.

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

The top shelf of the cabinet is filled with the History of Middle-earth series, flanked by the Argonath bookends. Also represented are MR's One Ring of Sauron and Minas Morgul and Minas Tirith.

IMG_1261.jpg

The middle shelf holds the Moria Orc Archer, Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman and mini Balrog. In the background you can see two LotR artbooks.

IMG_1262.jpg

The lower shelfs holds the Easterling, Battle-troll of Mordor and PJ as a corsair. In the background, more LotR art books.

You have some real quality there Olórin. :wave

Always love seeing your shelves. :clap and how they have developed over the years. :clap

Very nice collection mate. :clap

:duff
Bill

Damn nice collection people.

By the way I would love to add this to my collection. The Eye of Sauron follows you when you move.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxr-4z5iWk0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Back