Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little update for you guys:

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_2_zps9fc50dc6.jpg

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_3_zpsd05f2dff.jpg

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_4_zps5a28c298.jpg

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_8_zpsd6a72132.jpg

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_7_zpsf60cfa63.jpg

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_6_zpsf3af4217.jpg

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_5_zps46b4ee3c.jpg

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_9_zpsd066a025.jpg

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_10_zpsfc2f95dc.jpg

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_11_zps2774fa33.jpg

My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_12_zps7c4618a8.jpg

Sorry for the very bad pic quality...hope you enjoyed it nonetheless

Attachments

• My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_4_zps5a28c298.jpg
    My_Glass_Unit_LOTR_Display_4_zps5a28c298.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 408
Got my besta shelf today, has part of my 3 prone trilogy of villains, I think they will look pretty badass having Sauron in the middle of the witch king and saruman

Witch king with the flamed Morgul sword

Witch King with the normal Morgul Sword

Wide shot of how Sauron and Saruman will be placed next to the Morgul Lord, Sauron in the middle, Saruman on the other end

It wont be an amazing LOTR collection, but a pretty simplistic collection of the PF scale of the main 3 LOTR villains. I went against the dark rider because of his height is has tall has Sauron

Wrong. It WILL be an amazing collection. Can't not be with that lineup.

And DROM is not as tall as Sauron. Sauron is much bigger.

Not really, sauron is 36 inches tall, DROM is 31 inches tall, its not that big of a difference. Lets not forget sauron's helmet gives him the extra few inches, I have seen sauron and the dark rider standing next to each other in videos and pics, and it does not look right at all. The dark rider should not even be close to his shoulder height, for what I want from my statues, only Saruman and the Morgul Lord look right next to sauron, I would get lurtz, but damn expensive at the minute

Here is a pic of the 2 together

that does not look right, the horse should be at around saurons shoulder length, not near the top of his head. That is why the morgul lord, saruman and lurtz would look perfect next to sauron, because you can feel the height and power of the dark lord compared to his allies. I have nothing against anyone having these 2 together, but for my LOTR collection sauron must tower of his allies

I also have the EX ML, i do however prefer the regular sword. Looking good though!

Possibly, I use the flaming sword, because its an exclusive piece so for me use the piece for the pose, and I can put the regular sword next to the WK's feet, or underneath his 2 feet so it can never get lost.

I dont have the Ex ML, so I may be bias but the ex sword looks to much like a toy imo!

6ff05b2dd00aaff4695ff65016fe0654.jpg

I think the sword looks fine, maybe the flame one does but not much you can do for flames. There is the choice of the normal one or the flames, I like to hide the normal one or it get lost, so stick it under the feet of the ML.

The horse is rearing up man. I don't see how you don't think Sauron looks massive next to DROM, but to each his own. You need to look at the RIDER compared to Sauron. And Sauron's lower foot is resting a few inches below hooves of the horse as well.

The horse is rearing up man. I don't see how you don't think Sauron looks massive next to DROM, but to each his own. You need to look at the RIDER compared to Sauron. And Sauron's lower foot is resting a few inches below hooves of the horse as well.

Fair enough, considering Sauron is 9 to 10 feet tall, even on 2 feet and sauron leaning down a bit, the horse still should not even get even near saurons shoulder height, let along his head height. Like I say for me, the dark rider does not look right next to Sauron. Even physically sauron would make the horse look pretty small, I will pass on TDR, and stick to the main 3 LOTR villains.

I remember someone on this forum getting a custom shelf raising Saurons height to make TDR look even smaller next to sauron, so I am not totally alone that someone else is not fully satisfied on the height difference between Sauron and TDR. Now this is more like it, that Sauron should dwarf TDR. If that was the height difference, I would buy one

I agree with this. A horse in real life is really big and the Dark Riders horses are all stolen from Rohan and they're horses are meant to be exceptional so they're probably tall, not to mention its rearing. Given that the Dark Rider is standing on a hill adding what would be a foot or more in reality I think they're both in scale to each other.

I agree with this. A horse in real life is really big and the Dark Riders horses are all stolen from Rohan and they're horses are meant to be exceptional so they're probably tall, not to mention its rearing. Given that the Dark Rider is standing on a hill adding what would be a foot or more in reality I think they're both in scale to each other.

Possibly, but we are talking about the dark lord Sauron, a freak in his own right who is probably about 11 to 13 feet tall

I only thought of collecting Sideshow/Weta Sauron and Morgul Lord back in 2005, but end up collected almost the entire dark force ...

Shelf #1
16198314699_fe929814cf_c.jpg
16385048131_4ba3bc2928_c.jpg
16358571946_061606c1a8_c.jpg
16196929178_c32c92bb25_c.jpg
16358586156_1af04e64c9_c.jpg
16197165700_2e983a0b5e_c.jpg
16199406060_6360dd675a_c.jpg

Back