Show your Ink

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a shot of my favorite one... I drew this up at work, it's a pen spilling ink... I wanted a good tattoo that would sum up that magic that an artist can make. Next to it is a Heartagram in a circle with blood dripping down... I also designed that one too, just don't have any pics.

I also have one on my right upper arm, but it is crooked and means nothing to me. It was a free tattoo, really shoddy artwork. I hope to one day replace it or make it into something more.

543167194_l.jpg

I'm ready for my next one. Gonna be for my Dad.

I need to upload a few pics and see if any wonderful artist here could draw it for me :monkey3

DA- That is perfect for you!
nod.gif

AHAHHHAHAAAA!!!!!! thats the funniest thing ever!!!
here's my brother's Octopus:
JustinsShoulder.jpg
That is one AMAZING piece of work! :drool

My husband's got an octopus but it's not near as nice as that. :monkey2

He's got quite a few. It's perfect because I love tats and this way I get to look at them without getting any myself. (Well, I have a small one on my ankle.)

He got one when we were in Prague on our honeymoon... and yes, it's my favorite one. :love
But not because of that- but because it's their Royal Lion. Came out rad. :rock

He's got a great one in the works right now. He won't let me post it unfinished, so after it's done, I'll put it up here. I think some of you may like it!

85287537cg6.jpg

It looks a little lopsided from the way my arm is bent, but this is mine, taken right after i got it (you can actually see the slathered-on lotion). It's a variation of the colonial fleet crest from Battlestar Galactica. it's basically adapted from the official crest on the galactic emblem (I like the sleekness of that particular crest, compared to the somewhat other bulky versions on the show). I then modified it more by keeping it simple and black, and inserting some highlights from the crest on one of the CD soundtrack covers. I also made it slightly more angular (arched the tail and "shoulders" downwards and upwards, respectively).

pretty much everyone who's seen it loves it, even though they dont know where it's from... most think it's a phoenix, or some sort of military tat (which, in a way, it is ^_^).

here is mine I got done a little before the movie

Watchmentattoofront.jpg

Travis has 2 right now - one of a really cool Moby D i c k :)lol that's funny it won't let you say that word!) artwork on his right shoulder and one of the flaming eye by the Tool artist on his inner left forearm (it looks way cooler than the typical flaming eye you see everywhere though - more elongated and stuff). There are meaningful stories behind both. I definitely believe that it's worthless to get a tattoo if there's no meaning to it!

I'm getting my first in April! It'll be pretty small on my inner right wrist (life-size concept artwork attached). It commemorates the birth of Dax, my little warrior mouse ;) (there's a long story, which I'll tell if you're interested, but don't worry I won't be offended if you're not :lol)

The artwork is from some concept designs for the Mouse Guard comics. And the date is his birth date of course :) The tale is a bit stumpy in the artwork, but they're gonna fix that and some other stuff. I can't wait!

Those of you who have inner wrist tattoos (right by the bottom of the palm)... does it hurt really bad? I've heard it's one of the most painful places - but that's where I want it because I can see it best from there (it'll be facing so I can read it when I raise my arm in front of my face).

Last edited:
Mine is not right at the base of my palm. That's where I wanted it originally but after talking it over with the tattoo artist and seeing how much movement of the skin happens right in that area I decided to get it about a inch and half past the base of my palm. I'd heard that tattoos in the wrist are terribly painful. Have to say, mind didn't hurt at all (it was more annoying than anything).

Pain varies from person to person. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that I don't think you'll have a problem with pain, Dusty. :D

BTW, love the tattoo you're getting. It reminds me of Reepicheep (I know, that's not the character of course) another warrior mouse.

Mine is not right at the base of my palm. That's where I wanted it originally but after talking it over with the tattoo artist and seeing how much movement of the skin happens right in that area I decided to get it about a inch and half past the base of my palm. I'd heard that tattoos in the wrist are terribly painful. Have to say, mind didn't hurt at all (it was more annoying than anything).

Pain varies from person to person. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that I don't think you'll have a problem with pain, Dusty.

BTW, love the tattoo you're getting. It reminds me of Reepicheep (I know, that's not the character of course) another warrior mouse.

I thought the rule is,the closer to the bone it is then the more painful it is

ie. a fleshy part like the bum would be less painful than the ankle

Pain varies from person to person. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that I don't think you'll have a problem with pain, Dusty.

Almost....you forgot to add in :D

I just got my first tattoo yesterday! Cloud Strife, on my left shoulder. It didn't hurt at all! Felt like someone dragging a sharp pencil across my skin and pressing hard. It looks beautiful. I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow before it scabs up.

And before you all accuse me of being a Final Fantasy nerd (which I am a little, have to admit), I like the character so much because we share the same name. Not vice-versa.

I'm so going to cruise through this thread and check out everybody's tatts, and then edit. That Rorschach one I saw in the Watchmen thread and I am loving it!

EDIT: Jen's were cool, how they all meant a lot to her and had to do with music that she loves (almost, the last was decided upon at a NIN concert). Those are the kind of tatts I love. I'm a tiny bit worried people will see mine as something extremely shallow. It's a video game character, after all. But it's a character I relate to and share the same name with, and even look like a little (in the movie, ironically where I hated the changes made to the character).

Also unrelated note, another girl, I noticed in this thread, has Harley Quinn in her sig and avatar. I should change my av, I hate to look like a copy-cat. Bummer. I could change it to Cloud, but then people would really think I'm a guy. I wish this site had a way to show the members' sexes. Everybody here thinks I'm a guy, and I have Harley in my av. And a lot of guys here have chicks in their avs and I confuse them for chicks because of it. So frustrating!

Last edited:
I just got my first tattoo yesterday! Cloud Strife, on my left shoulder. It didn't hurt at all! Felt like someone dragging a sharp pencil across my skin and pressing hard. It looks beautiful. I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow before it scabs up.

And before you all accuse me of being a Final Fantasy nerd (which I am a little, have to admit), I like the character so much because we share the same name. Not vice-versa.

I'm so going to cruise through this thread and check out everybody's tatts, and then edit. That Rorschach one I saw in the Watchmen thread and I am loving it!

EDIT: Jen's were cool, how they all meant a lot to her and had to do with music that she loves (almost, the last was decided upon at a NIN concert). Those are the kind of tatts I love. I'm a tiny bit worried people will see mine as something extremely shallow. It's a video game character, after all. But it's a character I relate to and share the same name with, and even look like a little (in the movie, ironically where I hated the changes made to the character).

Also unrelated note, another girl, I noticed in this thread, has Harley Quinn in her sig and avatar. I should change my av, I hate to look like a copy-cat. Bummer. I could change it to Cloud, but then people would really think I'm a guy. I wish this site had a way to show the members' sexes. Everybody here thinks I'm a guy, and I have Harley in my av. And a lot of guys here have chicks in their avs and I confuse them for chicks because of it. So frustrating!

As long as your avatar isn't exactly the same, no one is going to think you're a copy cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back