Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jumped on these from OSK as well. Ordered four of them right out of the gate. I'll also report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Please share! I wanna hop in too but going away overseas for three weeks, don't think it'll arrive to Aus from OSK within 5 days

A few others. Still boxed for now

872864a1630fa9dad94d31e10d103fe6.jpg
9d2b72c2148424ea35b1e3120dfb6e17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Beautiful :thud: :drool :thud:

Thinking of buying some of these as the HPP base is too big in my Detolf. Has anyone used them before and how sturdy they are?
View attachment 302712

That's a pretty good deal- I bought up various dynamic stands from places parting out figures so I could swipe the flexible arm for my magnet stands, they'd be $15-$20 if you could find them

rhtuk5N.jpg

While I'm at it, the setup at the moment-

hMT2ZdK.jpg

HDJgHXG.jpg

ajcpzW8.jpg

qnbwfgX.jpg

dLZ1laj.jpg

TSMP648.jpg

2eqmjiA.jpg

WAMO0Vg.jpg

I might wanna steal that magnet idea. Really cool. Care to share more of the process n material?

Sure- the bit that makes it a bit tough is the fact that the threads on the dynamic stands are metric M8 with a fine pitch , so M8x1.00 in thread speak. This sort of thread basically doesn't exist in the world of couplers.

The only source I found is this guy in China on ebay-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/141855636138

Selling for $10 for 2. I have made offers for $8 for the pair and got them, but still pricey. That said, I never found a better option.

The only other one I saw was these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ID-Threade...r-4mm-Tubing-Pipe-M8x1-0-Inline-/201694794513
but I these guys would not charge a reasonable shipping cost if you bought a large quantity no matter how much I suggested that it wouldn't cost $20 to ship 10 small pieces of metal, in the end the china one was cheapest.

The magnets I got from K&J, mounting magnets with a hole big enough for an M8 bolt. They have magnets with a female shaft built in- but it is a coarse thread, and they don't and won't make fine thread versions. It would be way simpler if those existed, but instead I use the magnet with the hole, put a M8x1.00 bolt though (Lowes, Home Depot etc should have them) it and tighten the coupler in the other side, then the dynamic stand threads into the coupler
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MM-B-48

Most of mine have a nut on there was well with the coupler, I was trying different things and just left them there when I found the couplers. Eventually I'll paint them black
ja1JD76.jpg

The magnets aren't exactly cheap, but they are high quality and crazy strong. Every month K&J does a coupon code so its worth getting on their mailing list. They get cheaper if you buy more and the coupons are worth a percentage off the price so it can save you a few bucks each if you buy a few at a time. I tried to find a way to use slightly cheaper smaller magnets (and tried to drill the hole bigger, its very difficult) or to use the male stud mounting magnets (only comes with a coarse thread) with a coupler with coarse on one side and fine on the other, but I couldn't find one.

I also get the rubber covers for the magnets, both to dull the force a bit (they are stronger then they need to be for this) and to save any scratching
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=170

The base is 2'x1' sheets of steel I got a Lowes, I have three in a row on top of the shelf. I painted them black, and sit them on some of that rubbery drawer liner material so they don't scoot around or scratch anything. That said anything ferrous would work if you have a metal shelf or something else lying around.

There's probably more than a few ways to accomplish this, but finding or making an appropriate female side of the M8 stand thread is the hardest part.

This vastly reduces the clutter of bases. I was basically at the limit space wise just because of the size of the clunky bases, plus there were so many different styles it was annoying. This really frees up room and I will be fitting a lot more armors in the same space. Plus with this setup I can do flying poses that hang off the shelf at near 90 degrees.

Also my future planned display shelf is going to have metal up above as well, so flying poses can hang attached from the top as well

With bases
k6Md2ee.jpg

With magnets
q25XFuA.jpg

Just had to buy a couple extra dynamic stands for the armors that didn't come with them (Midas and the diecasts). Haven't decided how to work magets in with with Snapper and Peacemaker yet, but stands aren't totally necessary with them

Last edited:
Sure- the bit that makes it a bit tough is the fact that the threads on the dynamic stands are metric M8 with a fine pitch , so M8x1.00 in thread speak. This sort of thread basically doesn't exist in the world of couplers.

The only source I found is this guy in China on ebay-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/141855636138

Selling for $10 for 2. I have made offers for $8 for the pair and got them, but still pricey. That said, I never found a better option.

The only other one I saw was these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ID-Threade...r-4mm-Tubing-Pipe-M8x1-0-Inline-/201694794513
but I these guys would not charge a reasonable shipping cost if you bought a large quantity no matter how much I suggested that it wouldn't cost $20 to ship 10 small pieces of metal, in the end the china one was cheapest.

The magnets I got from K&J, mounting magnets with a hole big enough for an M8 bolt. They have magnets with a female shaft built in- but it is a coarse thread, and they don't and won't make fine thread versions. It would be way simpler if those existed, but instead I use the magnet with the hole, put a M8x1.00 bolt though (Lowes, Home Depot etc should have them) it and tighten the coupler in the other side, then the dynamic stand threads into the coupler
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MM-B-48

Most of mine have a nut on there was well with the coupler, I was trying different things and just left them there when I found the couplers. Eventually I'll paint them black
ja1JD76.jpg

The magnets aren't exactly cheap, but they are high quality and crazy strong. Every month K&J does a coupon code so its worth getting on their mailing list. They get cheaper if you buy more and the coupons are worth a percentage off the price so it can save you a few bucks each if you buy a few at a time. I tried to find a way to use slightly cheaper smaller magnets (and tried to drill the hole bigger, its very difficult) or to use the male stud mounting magnets (only comes with a coarse thread) with a coupler with coarse on one side and fine on the other, but I couldn't find one.

I also get the rubber covers for the magnets, both to dull the force a bit (they are stronger then they need to be for this) and to save any scratching
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=170

The base is 2'x1' sheets of steel I got a Lowes, I have three in a row on top of the shelf. I painted them black, and sit them on some of that rubbery drawer liner material so they don't scoot around or scratch anything. That said anything ferrous would work if you have a metal shelf or something else lying around.

There's probably more than a few ways to accomplish this, but finding or making an appropriate female side of the M8 stand thread is the hardest part.

This vastly reduces the clutter of bases. I was basically at the limit space wise just because of the size of the clunky bases, plus there were so many different styles it was annoying. This really frees up room and I will be fitting a lot more armors in the same space. Plus with this setup I can do flying poses that hang off the shelf at near 90 degrees.

Also my future planned display shelf is going to have metal up above as well, so flying poses can hang attached from the top as well

With bases
k6Md2ee.jpg

With magnets
q25XFuA.jpg

Just had to buy a couple extra dynamic stands for the armors that didn't come with them (Midas and the diecasts). Haven't decided how to work magets in with with Snapper and Peacemaker yet, but stands aren't totally necessary with them

Cool thanks dude. Definitely gonna put it into consideration with my plan for custom display cab.

Back