Action Figure Show your custom Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it's pleather, as it feels more like material than plastic. The light brown parts are a good imitation of suede and even feel soft like suede. Overall it has a realistic appearance. It's fully lined inside with black silk-like material.

I also presume the HT version was also faux leather, since it was described as a "brown jacket" and the belt described as "leather-like".

The belt on the Head Play is some kind material with a backing.

Sounds great! Thanks again for the valuable info. Be ordering this set soon! :)

Love the proportions and the sculpt looks great Kuat! Which body did you use? The knockoff ttm19?

I ordered this one, which I assumed would be a Hit Figure with the extra joint in the upper arm:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Cust...houlder-/201140353056?clk_rvr_id=682773664841

But what arrived was this:

14770620719_47c05d8dd4_o.jpg

Which appears to be one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-CUST...N&hash=item3f3b6b0827&clk_rvr_id=682771185088

(!)

I used the long ankle pegs since the jeans seemed long.

Still not a fan of this sculpt. The size difference doesn't show as much in pictures. It's probably a good sculpt, but it's hidden under terrible paint. The upper lip is just bad, in my opinion. Definitely undersized next to all my other sculpts. I know it's hard to tell, but there is a size difference in hand.
I'll be going back to my X3 head. If anyone wants this sculpt for $30 shipped in the US, PM me. I don't want it. :lol

A side-by-side with Head Play's MMS220 copy:

Still doesn't show the detail or quality I see in hand. I prefer this now to HP's '220'.

So, here's my Logan. I decided to go for the "post credits" look. I took a few liberties with the sword and whatnot, but it's essentially "Nomad Logan." I'm not sure if I'll adjust more.
7A20872C-5D49-494F-A0E1-A1BA9AB0A597_zpsel4rdhw1.jpg

E30E2913-18EE-4801-822E-0940B73035C2_zps51xqlueu.jpg

FB355741-289C-49EE-98E0-DC9867F67333_zpssezplai1.jpg

B5E985EA-84E8-4228-A718-FF6C0B38C79A_zpslzzdxbhi.jpg

And a detolf shot...
EBC12F38-990D-4F7F-8EC2-4CB377EB0A75_zpskforpewm.jpg

Jake! That's stunning? Wow, is this available? Or is this for a client?
This was a comission piece that will be shown on Marfs figure at Famcon...the one he has now is going to Elvis. Im painting up a few at a time and will have some available in a few weeks

A side-by-side with Head Play's MMS220 copy:

Still doesn't show the detail or quality I see in hand. I prefer this now to HP's '220'.

I pulled the trigger on the origins outfit last night. Had this head sculpt in my cart then deleted it. I own the headplay 220 sculpt and think the quality is really good.

You're saying this newer origins style sculpt is better than the HP 220?

This was a comission piece that will be shown on Marfs figure at Famcon...the one he has now is going to Elvis. Im painting up a few at a time and will have some available in a few weeks

When you have one available, hit me up with a PM if you don't mind.

You're saying this newer origins style sculpt is better than the HP 220?

I like it better.

It has a quality I can't capture on camera no matter where I take the picture. Nose, cheekbones and brow are highlighted which give the face more definition than the HP 220, which is generally painted brown with ruddy cheeks.

The main paint on the HP Origins is also a good match for the neck on the body I used.

And, essentially, the HP Origins has more of a Wolverine vibe than the HP 220.

What jacket is that? It looks sick! Isn't that a dyed Royce shirt?

Thanks for the compliment. The jacket is a modded Hot Toys Joe Colton jacket. The jean jacket isn't a dyed royce shirt, although i do have a spare now. It's a modded Belet passionate driver jacket.

That's a fantastic custom stshammgod. Great work.

And thanks for the info kuat. I knew I should have just picked that sculpt up. :lol I'll buy it tonight.

That's a fantastic custom stshammgod. Great work.

And thanks for the info kuat. I knew I should have just picked that sculpt up. :lol I'll buy it tonight.

I'm selling mine for $30 shipped if you're interested. Same as Kuat's, straight from Headplay.

Back