Action Figure Show your custom Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered another set of head and clothing from Ebay and they arrived at the same time! Built my second Wolverine in a jiffy :) Ordered a pair of authentic HT boneclaws to give my WW2 Wolverine bash, so this one would have a pair of metal claws soon.

The first custom head I got from Kit (iyyiy of ebay). This time I went for headplay. The reason I went for Kit the first time was the fact that Kit's service and communication are always ace, and that I thought all custom heads are of the same quality (it was my first custom head). Headplay's got top service too and shipped on the same day, and quality's closest to HT's particularly with the paint apps (Kit's got some airbrushy areas). I think the eyes are a bit wonky, but not too noticeable. I highly recommend headplay sculpt for those planning to build a custom.

The clothing set is from Magic Cube/MCToys. It's called SHAGMASTER (I know, right? LOL) Hoodie Suit set. I saw this by chance and liked the photos. It's a great set! IMO great value at $50 shipped. Ordered it from Ebayer DJFUNGSHING, he's selling it at cheapest price. Comes with everything you see on Logan (and something you dont -- a grey sweater under the hoodie and a balaclava I'm not using but is also nicely made), perfectly tailored and of superb quality. Hoodie looks and feels great and fits the Hitfigure base body perfectly. Love the scarf and the tactical pants (with belt). Dump pouch and low profile belt I'm using as a cross-body sling instead. The boots are nicely sculpted and is a perfect fit for HT foot pegs. It's a 1/6 model of The North Face's SLOT Winter Grip boots -- great details though the material limits ankle articulation. I think the Last Stand gloved claws would complement this set more, too bad they're pricey!

That's a great looking custom.

This character is so versatile for customizing that the options are almost endless, and almost impossible to decide what to go for!

I just ordered one of those Head Play sculpts. I'd also been watching the iyiyyy one, but deleted that from my list when I saw pictures showing it didn't have the Hot Toys-like finish.

Still have a headless TTM19 dressed in an airborne uniform which will make an instant WW2 'Devil's Brigade' bash when the head arrives. When my HT Wolverines arrive he can have some bone claws too.

That's a great looking custom.

This character is so versatile for customizing that the options are almost endless, and almost impossible to decide what to go for!

I just ordered one of those Head Play sculpts. I'd also been watching the iyiyyy one, but deleted that from my list when I saw pictures showing it didn't have the Hot Toys-like finish.

Still have a headless TTM19 dressed in an airborne uniform which will make an instant WW2 'Devil's Brigade' bash when the head arrives. When my HT Wolverines arrive he can have some bone claws too.

Thanks buddy! Yeah, when they said Logan's the best at what he does I didn't know that what he does involved dressing up :lol Really versatile and looks great with almost any costume you can imagine.

You made the right call going for the Headplay sculpt! It's almost like the real thing. I love Kit/iyiyyy, but wasn't too happy with the one I got from her. I didn't mind though as I had it covered with "blood" and dirtied it a little with "grease". This one from Headplay I'm keeping as is :)

Looking forward to your custom, bud!

Hey, guys. I recently started an interest thread to gather interest for a custom KATO WORK-The Wolverine: 1/6th Scale Tailored Black Suit and if you guys are also fans of the Nolan Batman movies, the suit could also be used as a great Custom Ra's Al Ghul Alternate for a 1/6 Scale Project. If you're interested, please click the link below for more information. Let me know in the comments area if you're interested.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?141978-KATO-WORK-The-Wolverine-Tailored-Black-Suit-%28or-Custom-Ra-s-Al-Ghul-Alternate%29

Thanks for your time,

frattyboy8103ulp

the-wolverine-black-suit-jackman-claws.jpg

I just want to share this latest Wolfman photos posted on FB by EX yesterday. I don't know how I feel about this figure. I will only decide if I'll get it once someone already have it in hand.

zemu7avu.jpg

yru5eqap.jpg

4u4a2a6u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like an expensive, crappier version of that Diamond Select figure. Easy pass. Disappointing.

It looks like an expensive, crappier version of that Diamond Select figure. Easy pass. Disappointing.

I was thinking of the Diamond select as well when I saw this. I might just stick to the MMS220 body for the wife beater outfit.

Certainly not up to expectations.

They've even added a grainy rain effect to the final photos to disguise just how bad this thing will really look in hand!

He's so pale he looks like an ex-Wolfman.

10001415_384453805031019_1273136337528533422_n.jpg

10155048_384453808364352_1142885441437949700_n.jpg

Certainly not up to expectations.

They've even added a grainy rain effect to the final photos to disguise just how bad this thing will really look in hand!

He's so pale he looks like an ex-Wolfman.

LOL He looked great on the preview photos with all those lighting and blurry effects. Hopefully it's just the photos, because he looks off on some of those poses and angles. I'm still hoping that it will look better in hand.

I don't think it's just the pictures -- this figure has nothing to hide. IMO the sculpt is very amateurish, the proportions are comparable to Play Art Kai figures at best. EX figures caught most of us off-guard by making their teasers as blurry as possible, hiding their figure's imperfections.

I will definitely wait for in hand photos to decide whether or not I want parts from this. I could possibly see a head play repaint of this head being useable.

Back