Action Figure Show your custom Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this modern life sculpt looks good but needs to see it painted first, much like the cavill sculpt which just did not live up when painted.
and is it just me, i feel they're kinda shady when there's no work in progress shown, this wolverine just seem to came out of no where!

this modern life sculpt looks good but needs to see it painted first, much like the cavill sculpt which just did not live up when painted.
and is it just me, i feel they're kinda shady when there's no work in progress shown, this wolverine just seem to came out of no where!

I'm been chosen to paint the prototype wolverine sculpt for modern life so iv known about it for a while. It's been I development for months now. I guess they only like to show finished sculpts...nothing shady about that really

asereqa8.jpg

za5arera.jpg

ydade6ah.jpg

Last edited:
Your paintups are awesome, so don't sweat it. I just wanna see how good it looks after painting. It looks better than the HT sculpt so far.

Sculpt looks good, I hope this looks better than their Cavill sculpt when painted. That one was better unpainted. Can't wait to see your paint job, Rahmier!

IMO the sculpt is good up front. In profile is where I think I saw right away something that might need some tweaking -- the nose. Jackman's nose has a subtle downward point even when he's smiling or has his lips pursed.

za5arera.jpg

Hugh-Jackman-profile-cropped-jpg.jpg

pV48v.jpg

Sculpt looks good, I hope this looks better than their Cavill sculpt when painted. That one was better unpainted. Can't wait to see your paint job, Rahmier!

IMO the sculpt is good up front. In profile is where I think I saw right away something that might need some tweaking -- the nose. Jackman's nose has a subtle downward point even when he's smiling or has his lips pursed.

za5arera.jpg

Hugh-Jackman-profile-cropped-jpg.jpg

pV48v.jpg

Hot toys missed it too then but I think it's not too bad. The nose really turns down more if you are smiling or your lips are up nose appears tilted down more. So I think it pretty close.

8ajy5y6y.jpg

I received the Head Play Wolverine sculpt today. Very pleased with it, though he has a slightly wandering left eye which seems to be the way they painted all these. Doesn't really notice in hand.

Haven't received the Hot Toys Wolverines yet, so don't have any bone claws to use, but here he is quickly bashed ready for airborne duties with 'The Devil's Brigade', the Canadian-American First Special Service Force:

The uniform is a Dragon (DML) 'Danny' US airborne with the US flag removed.

The body is a TTM19 and because it was so hard getting the feet into the boots I took the feet off, which had the useful side-effect of making him quite a bit shorter than the First Avenger and the Punisher he's standing with.

Looks good Kuat! Yup, Headplay The Wolverine heads must all be a bit lazy-eyed having seen various photos of it online, but overall it's the closest in terms of quality to the real thing.

Looks good Kuat! Yup, Headplay The Wolverine heads must all be a bit lazy-eyed having seen various photos of it online, but overall it's the closest in terms of quality to the real thing.

Thanks!

Pretty fast delivery from Head Play as well. Marked as 'Gift' and with a low value, so no nasty surprises from the customs!

Well, Wolverine is a lot shorter in the comics so it might look better to have him shorter. Nice custom though!

Well, Wolverine is a lot shorter in the comics so it might look better to have him shorter. Nice custom though!

Thanks, Mudblood.

I like having him shorter. He's about 11.25" from his boots to the top of his head (estimating where the top of his head is under the hair). Makes him a bit closer to his comic book height.

Hello guys, I have seen a lot of WW2 Wolverine kit bashes here but mostly are WW2 Vietnam versions. So I wanted to share my WW2 D-Day Normandy Wolverine bash which i think is less popular compare to the Vietnam Wolverine.

ynaty5ap.jpg

a3udataz.jpg

pamavuba.jpg

6egymeqa.jpg

I'm still waiting for my Origins head and Thompson machine gun I purchased on ebay. Hope you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on doing the WWII like yours with the origins head. Yours looks great! Cant wait to see yours finished! Great job!!! Do you have First Avenger Cap to pose him with or Red Skull?

I was planning on doing the WWII like yours with the origins head. Yours looks great! Cant wait to see yours finished! Great job!!! Do you have First Avenger Cap to pose him with or Red Skull?

Thank you very much.😃 I'm really happy with this bash. But I think the hair on this head sculpt does not match the outfit. The Origins head is really the best head for this version. I will pose him with my Capt. A. when I visit my home town, i don't have him right now. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys painted eyes looking to the side which I believe is a first, and it's obvious the KO heads eyes look like hot toys and most military wolverine kitbash require the origins Headsculpt at best unless you put a netted helmet on him. Great wolvie all around! #teamwolverine

Back