Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Excellent customs. I sincerely hope that when Sideshow re-releases the stormies, that they apporach your customs in terms of accuracy and quality.

For the Marmits, the key is getting a body that has two things; Broad shoulders and Wide Leg stance. […]

Here's an example […]

Thanks for all this, it's a big help. I haven't done any real model work in a long time, but I'm sure I can make these relatively simple mods work; it's just good to know where to start and what to look out for, it saves money and time. Not to mention potential damage to hard-to-find items.

:duff

Wow. Excellent customs. I sincerely hope that when Sideshow re-releases the stormies, that they apporach your customs in terms of accuracy and quality.

Are there plans for Sideshow to do so? And wouldn't they just use the tooling from the old stormtroopers?

Are there plans for Sideshow to do so? And wouldn't they just use the tooling from the old stormtroopers?

I'm only assuming that Sideshow will re-release the stormies in the future, to go along with the new Vader. I'm hoping that if they do release another stormie, it is a new sculpt, although you're most likely right about the reused molds.

Much appreciated, guys. :) I'm really happy with how he turned out.

Love that shine, did you do anything to bring that out?

Yeah, I used Pledge Extra Protection Wax to make it more shiny. I assume it's the same as the Pledge Future Shine in the US, since they don't have that version here and this one sounded closest.

Much appreciated, guys. :) I'm really happy with how he turned out.

Yeah, I used Pledge Extra Protection Wax to make it more shiny. I assume it's the same as the Pledge Future Shine in the US, since they don't have that version here and this one sounded closest.

I'm going to have to try that on my sideshow Stormie

The wax makes a huge difference to the sideshow stormies, big improvement, on the marmits I can't bring myself to cut the ankles

I was hesitant the first time as well to cut the ankles. I've had the Marmit Sandtrooper since around 2003, and just had him displayed as intented with original body and everything. When I finally decided to customize him last year, I had to cut them, since it's simply essential for posing and the overall look.
When I got the Stormtrooper, that was one of the first things I did.

Thanks for all this, it's a big help. I haven't done any real model work in a long time, but I'm sure I can make these relatively simple mods work; it's just good to know where to start and what to look out for, it saves money and time. Not to mention potential damage to hard-to-find items.

:duff

Sure, my pleasure. As you can see from the work agonistes86 had recently done that the best way to get a good fit is a slightly oversized body then sanding or cutting it down. Each mod will be different deepening on the body you get.

It really depends on what look you are going for. I like to try and emulate the film, but a lot of others like to go for what looks good and not so much what's film accurate. For instance the cod piece in the movie sets between the thighs, but in a lot of customs the cod piece if very high, slightly above the thighs. I cut mine up so i can adjust to a pose or so he can bend in various ways. That's a gamble because in 90% of the poses you really aren't bending them that much. And it's a really clean look when you leave the abs/cod and belt as one piece.

Best of luck!!!

Looking to start building a small Star Wars collection and I definitely need a storm trooper. I won't be doing any modding. What's the best option out there at a good price?

Love your new logo there VDG. Do you make those yourself? Awesome.
Ah, cheers mate! :hi5: :duff

It was a pic I had in an old file folder that I'd discovered the other day.
I save cool SW pics if I stumble on them while navigating the webs. :)

All these great Marmit customs.. :drool :drool :drool

I'm pretty torn right now. Wait for HT to release their Stormies, or gather the materials over time & make a killer custom.

Either way - I'm broke right now anyway. :lol

Looking to start building a small Star Wars collection and I definitely need a storm trooper. I won't be doing any modding. What's the best option out there at a good price?

There isn't, only different stages of **** rape.

To me the Marmit is by far the best looking one if a bit soft in the armor, but you will have to assemble it yourself cutting and gluing, even if you go 100% original.

The Sideshow has weird looking eyes and ears, a ridiculously small cod-piece and in addition to that a ridiculously huge chest piece, and the back seems to want to stick out unless modded. Medicoms are diminutive and has short legs and unproportionally tiny hands. The helmet is ROTJ style which some don't like.

Choosing between the SSC and Medi I personally would choose Medi due to the fact that it will stand on its own and I think it looks pretty good even with the Basset hound legs.

I'm sure other people on the board will vehemently disagree.

There isn't, only different stages of **** rape.

To me the Marmit is by far the best looking one if a bit soft in the armor, but you will have to assemble it yourself cutting and gluing, even if you go 100% original.

The Sideshow has weird looking eyes and ears, a ridiculously small cod-piece and in addition to that a ridiculously huge chest piece, and the back seems to want to stick out unless modded. Medicoms are diminutive and has short legs and unproportionally tiny hands. The helmet is ROTJ style which some don't like.

Choosing between the SSC and Medi I personally would choose Medi due to the fact that it will stand on its own and I think it looks pretty good even with the Basset hound legs.

I'm sure other people on the board will vehemently disagree.

I agree with all of that. If you can tolerate an inaccurate stormy or sandy, SSC has great quality and extras, such as guns and ammo packs, but the Marmits are more movie accurate.

Ah, cheers mate! :hi5: :duff

It was a pic I had in an old file folder that I'd discovered the other day.
I save cool SW pics if I stumble on them while navigating the webs. :)

All these great Marmit customs.. :drool :drool :drool

I'm pretty torn right now. Wait for HT to release their Stormies, or gather the materials over time & make a killer custom.

Either way - I'm broke right now anyway. :lol

Yeah, you got all the epic pics. I need a signature...

Is there any word if HT will do a stormy or sandy? That would be insane.

I say get on a Marmit while you can....the prices are going up.

I'm not big on the accuracy department and don't care really about rotj or esb versions. Of course once they're modded all of them look great. It will be accompanying the vader dx from sideshow when it releases so i'd like to get it before there's a spike. Medicom with it's height issues will bug me but the sideshow version might be the best right out of the box for me. Thanks for the info and now the hunt begins.

Back