Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There isn't, only different stages of **** rape.

You can say that again. :horror

Medicoms are diminutive and has short legs and unproportionally tiny hands.

They're shorter all right, but the hands and legs aren't such a big issue to me; you can get some amazing poses out of them and there are ways to slightly lengthen the legs. Helmets can be shaped a bit with heat and there's that brow modification as an option…it's going to come down to personal preference in the end, but I have to agree that Marmit got closest with their helmets and like I said, really enjoy the Medicoms but glad I got the Marmits.

Choosing between the SSC and Medi I personally would choose Medi due to the fact that it will stand on its own and I think it looks pretty good even with the Basset hound legs. […]

Personally I think they're the best choice for right out of the box. Body-swapped one due to brittle plastic causing the original to fail, but my other four have remained solid.

Codpiece, odd helmet proportions, floppy bodies…coupled with crazy aftermarket prices…keep me away from SSC stormtroopers but YMMV.

Yeah, you got all the epic pics. I need a signature...

Is there any word if HT will do a stormy or sandy? That would be insane.

I say get on a Marmit while you can....the prices are going up.

No mention from HT yet. :(

I've been checking out Marmit Stormie / Sandie listings on eBay periodically, & they're always too expensive to begin with. :lol

Yeah, you can score if you keep your eyes peeled. I usually buy used Marmits as I mod them and destroy them anyway.

On that note; does anyone know who sells casts of the shins? I need a pair of Marmit shin armor.

The ones I've actually seen, have either been listed by questionable sellers from some EU country that charge obscene shipping amounts, or are just too much to start with if it's an auction I've spotted.

Like I said, I haven't been watching out that much.

Too bad all those US sellers don't ship to Europe. :(
I just confort myself with the knowledge that I would not be able to get one to look as good as the ones put up here (body swap?). :wink1:

Marmit Stormtrooper $150 plus $17 shipping, US seller. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-...641?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a33349d81

They're not listed every single day, but any time I've looked, including when I've bought, I've never had a problem finding one of these for $150 or less.

If only I could grab a NIB SSC stormy for the same price.
Hey thanks for that man, appreciated. :duff

Just a tad broke right now.. (I've been saying that too much around here).. :lol

I hear you. If I was into army building I'd probably be shopping for a few more, but as it stands, I'm still contemplating whether I'll get the sandy commander (orange pauldron) - already have the storm and sergeant sandy. Both are still un-cut and un-built.

Trying to customize a Marmit will be fairly expensive in the end anyway; the new TT body, bodysuit - plus the waxing, time & effort, etc. It's a big job for someone like me who's only SW 1/6 custom so far, has been swapping SSC clothing / gear over to a HT TT body. :lol

That said, thanks to Solo_ & co for the great mod tutorials in here - I can at least take my time with it all if I decide to go down that road. :hi5:

Just showing off my 3 three shelves. Gotta get a bigger display area!

DSC07294_zps06039df4.jpg

DSC07297_zps9bdafead.jpg

DSC07298_zps432a07e4.jpg

Quick pics with the iphone, but cleaning caused re-organizing. I thought I'd match up my clones with their respective jedi (pre-order 66 and post) with my Anakin PF in the middle (with Sith eyes).

And the phase one...

I was hesitant the first time as well to cut the ankles. I've had the Marmit Sandtrooper since around 2003, and just had him displayed as intented with original body and everything. When I finally decided to customize him last year, I had to cut them, since it's simply essential for posing and the overall look.
When I got the Stormtrooper, that was one of the first things I did.

First a quick golf clap for your custom work…I've been going through all the photos and it's really stunning, thanks for posting all of it!

I'm about to start customizing my Marmit stormtroopers. Looking at the ankles, I imagine I'll make the cuts by heating the plastic to soften it, then scoring and cutting along the visible seam line.

Did you just use an X-acto knife, a different, sturdier blade? And are the ends likely to require any finishing work?

Sure, my pleasure. As you can see from the work agonistes86 had recently done that the best way to get a good fit is a slightly oversized body then sanding or cutting it down. Each mod will be different deepening on the body you get.

I ended up grabbing a couple of those "fake Hot Toys" type bodies you posted a link to; we'll see how those work out but I think they're more than adequate for the job. The troopers need good articulation points to hang naturally, but they don't need to do the splits…

It really depends on what look you are going for. I like to try and emulate the film, […]

Right on. I want the awkward, screen accurate look from ANH. My ambition is to create the ultimate 1:6 bash. For possible ingredients I currently have some SSC blasters, an SSC stormtrooper (I want that belt!) and have considered using the codpiece, torso and abdominal armour from the SSC as well..the details on that sculpt are so sharp! I also have some SSC Cobra Viper hands kicking around.

My main issue with the SSC armour sculpt is the thighs and shins seem too rounded, and I don't like the moulded plastic boots, so that leaves me with shins and thighs from Marmit and maybe shoes from Medicom, if they're not too small, otherwise Marmit. I'm going to have to take some time to mix and match and look at reference photos.

I actually like the look of Medicom armour and it can be futzed with to look less tight, but it's going to be a bit small to use with everything else on those bodies.

All armour components will re-finished in glossy white to match.

[…] it's a really clean look when you leave the abs/cod and belt as one piece.

Yes, and easier, but some velcro and double-sided tape with maybe some other small details added (I'll have to check the 501rst costume site but I'm thinking tiny rivets) and it'll look like it stepped off the screen.

These are going to be expensive customs in the end :thud: ... but I don't collect much else so that's how I justify the cost. :monkey3

I think I'd be happy with a pair of "ultimate" 1/6 troopers.

Back