Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That is an utterly ridiculous price. Even Hurricanes Vader isn't that much and it has lights, sounds, and style.

Update of my Troops(and Generals):

IMG_1559.jpg

Detolf4-Above.jpg

Detolf4-Shelf1.jpg

Detolf4-Shelf2.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

JonEl <3 your clones, whats the story on the customs? They some from a EU source or something you created?

thanks, Rex is just updated, Fox I updated the helmet to phase 2 but kept his phase 1 style(his phase 2 looks like a reverse shocktrooper) and the one next to Rex is just my own creation

thanks, Rex is just updated, Fox I updated the helmet to phase 2 but kept his phase 1 style(his phase 2 looks like a reverse shocktrooper) and the one next to Rex is just my own creation

Oh yeah, was looking at the pure custom and missed the updated Rex (looks great btw)

Its gonna' be a tight fit in your 212th cabinet when the Airborne comes out. :lol

Very cool clones. I want some but I'm afraid I won't stop.

Hell yes, the potato chips of Star Wars, you just can't stop...

They really are an addiction, but a really cool addiction.

yeah that shelf will be packed soon, i actually had obi-wan on that shelf with them until earlier this week. 5 can fit, hopefully SSC knocks it off with the 212th after the airborne

I have the phase 1 luitenant and would like more. Especially the commanders and such. I'm trying to have a little restraint. My collection is bursting at the seems as it is. With 6 figs on PO I'm maxed out right now.

And here are some when they were pretending to be stormtroopers!

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

boba18lowquality.png

and here is a picture of the helmet mod I did, just altered the black forehead band to be less uniform

helmetmod.png

Also stripped of the tea stain wash SSC did and glossed

If there is 1, easy peasy, majorly beneficial mod I can recommend for stormtrooper owners - gloss those suckers! gloss them till you can see your face!

Sandies are also glossed under their weathering, but if you wanna do that it involves a repaint and re-weather so a bit more hassle.

The helmet mod is literally just the black brow band painted white, then a piece of thin fine line masking tape (its kinda rubbery) painted black and glued into place. Adjust as you will before gluing, so you can have a variety in helmets just like the films

Last edited:
and here is a picture of the helmet mod I did, just altered the black forehead band to be less uniform

helmetmod.png

Also stripped of the tea stain wash SSC did and glossed

Not sure if you handled a real 1:1 Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper helmet, but the brow trim in fact has this shape:

6xqnsz.jpg

It is connected to the cap of the helmet, and the helmet itself is cut to the round shape that gives the strange look on some helmets:

zxsnc8.jpg

I think there should be some sanding on the red part because it doesn't look right:

24v1flu.png

Not sure if you handled a real 1:1 Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper helmet, but the brow trim in fact has this shape:

6xqnsz.jpg

It is connected to the cap of the helmet, and the helmet itself is cut to the round shape that gives the strange look on some helmets:

zxsnc8.jpg

I think there should be some sanding on the red part because it doesn't look right:

24v1flu.png

Jeez, more work haha

I know what you mean, I had a bit of a think about that, I'd unscrew the skull cap part and use a disc sander to evenly whip that brow band off before adding a thicker, new one, but couldn't be bothered to go into uni to use their workshop - will do it if it bugs me later.

Mort, nice look, how do you get the "tea" look off without affecting the paint?

I used tamiya paint thinner, its basically just the kind of alcohol you don't drink. Didn't wanna use acetone since I had a disaster before - so I used this stuff with a cotton wool bud and rubbed the helmet - took a long time so I split it up into a few diff sessions, but it kept the decals and whitened up the helmet well.
I then resprayed the entire rest of the armour in a shade of white that matched the shade the helmet became - used a bit of watered down GW gryphonne sepia mixed with thraka green (I like their washes, but theres prob alternatives) to get a less vivid shade of white and it all matched. The gloss coat unified the textures well.

edit: one point - with the sergeant (while pauldron) helmet, it came off well, with the corporal and I assume other later releases, the paint is tougher, and it took a lot more work to get the yellowy residue of their weathering off, and don't rub too hard, because the plastic isn't white, its black painted white, so too hard in 1 spot = white paint stripped too!

Nah I didn't, just put all their armour together on the bodies for fun as I weathered the backpacks and pauldrons. There was a stage I was tempted to convert and hunt down parts, but had to keep on at sandies

hi, i currently have some pairs of stormies and am planning to give them some shine using acrylic clear coat. should I be careful about getting too much gloss, like how much gloss does a stormy need? should i be also avoiding putting gloss on some parts?

Back