Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure those are from DiD, either that or Newline. They make some really nice leather German boots. You can get them from $8-$20 a pair depending on the size of them. I've used them for a few customs and they are excellent; look great and retain ankle articulation.

Yes, he mentions both brands in his post, but somehow I have the impression, that the boots on the Tie Pilot have a shorter shaft. How does it look to you?

By shaft do you mean the height? DiD has about 3 sizes I know of, I just got a set of the short Jack boots and they only reach about mid-calf. Whereas the tall reach right up to the knee... and there is a step in between.

Although (unless he's altered them) the DiD have brown soles, that are visible from the side. It would be easy to cover that with a marker, or paint... but they do look different than what I have and might be Newline. Those are the only 2 makers of these kind of boots I'm aware of.

By shaft do you mean the height? DiD has about 3 sizes I know of, I just got a set of the short Jack boots and they only reach about mid-calf. Whereas the tall reach right up to the knee... and there is a step in between.

Although (unless he's altered them) the DiD have brown soles, that are visible from the side. It would be easy to cover that with a marker, or paint... but they do look different than what I have and might be Newline. Those are the only 2 makers of these kind of boots I'm aware of.

Yes, the height is what I ment. Thanks for the info! Now I only have to get a hold of these! They look so much better than the plastic boots that come with the marmit kit.

Monkey Depot sells them in the states... not sure how bad it would be to have them shipped overseas? But really any place that parts out figures, or even eBay will have these kind of boots.

Heres some of my troopers atm, soz about the pics only got a camera phone.

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers i done him ages ago when i only had koto figs. Once again forgive the bad pics, i may get a proper camera 1 day lol.

DSC00032.jpg

I done this Gunner last week cos ive badly wanted 1 lol.

DSC00037.jpg

I also felt like making a Stormie with a backpack like The Fetts.

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

Funnily enough i was gonna do that originally. I might do 1 of them 1 day but i dont really like the silver tanks on the top of the back, i quite like the tube though.

I do love TK0083 stormies they look so cool in them poses, and just cool in general lol.

st6.jpg

Last edited:
All i need to do is pose them in awesomely delicious dio's like yours and id be a happy bunny Dorgs :D I also really need to do more custom figs your making me jealous.

You guy's are making my wallet nervous!

I've already got 3 Medi Stormies a Medi Sandtrooper, Marmit Sandtrooper, two hasbro Stormtroopers, two Hasbro Snowtroopers, a custom Dragon bodied Snowtrooper, Sideshow Stormie, Han & Luke Stormies on pre-order and 2 Sideshow Sandtroopers coming my way...

Musn't buy more troopers.... Musn't buy more troopers.... Musn't buy more troopers

AAAAAGHHH! I'm going to buy more troopers!!!!!!!!!!!!:blissy

Damn indeed sounds like you have a small army anyway m8 :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Well ive got 4 sandies on order plus vader that will do for now lol, oh and the Nike stormie commander.

I want more stormies i want snowies scouties etc etc and at least 2 of each.

Well, no one said only 1/6 troopers, right? So here is my diverse troopers collection.

Please excuse the crappy pictures, I just got my first DSLR camera about a week ago, still learning how to use it. If any freak has any tips on how to get better pictures, I am all ears. :D

Luis

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Back