Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marmit works-in-progress. Not much left to do except tighten up on the armour here and there, adjust drop-box attachments, maybe weather them. Still need to attach holsters (not the stock plastic ones; will use either custom or SSC/Medicom). Probably won't add heads since I'll never display them without helmets.

Those are Marmit sandtrooper buckets, i.e. "stunt" helmets. Lacking some fine stripes in the traps and tears, but I think I like these better. Stupid iPhone lens has crazy distortion so I tried to correct the elongation in Photoshop. They're packin' SSC E-11s and use SSC trooper hands. One is on a Soldier Story body, and the other on a TT knock-off of some kind. The Soldier Story has better flexibility but I like them both.

Attachments

• marmit_stunt_zps9cb9f3e0.jpg
    marmit_stunt_zps9cb9f3e0.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 455
Hey irezumi, great collection there.
What are you using as a base for those 2 Stormtroopers on the bottom shelf. Is it part of a Death Star dio?
Looks cool and is something I'm looking for.

Yip, eagle eye redeye is right it's from kotobukiya.

Are you using the Marmit body or something else? Most Hot Toys type figures seems to have watched too much Suzanne Somers 90's perfect butt commercials so they are too large in the butt department. The armor doesn't look right in the crotch area either with the Hot Toys type bodies. The slim TTM works, but that one is too small in all other areas. I have test fitted the armor on most figures even the HT narrow knock offs but(t) that area was a big pain. I didn't use a hair dryer though. The tip in the instructions to put on the inner suit and armor at the same time and that way it will slide on easier might work, but I never tried that either. I guess it comes down to how much force you are willing to use. I broke an arm (repairable) removing armor that I just test fitted on a figure so I was quite heavy handed with mine. I was at times a little scared that the plastic would tear but it never did.

Tried ,But to no avail.......
Breastplate Stuck in the buttocks

So many jokes, so little time.

Seriously, I used water close to boiling point to soften the armour up completely, and then I still had to really pull (while continuously softening it with more hot water, as it does stiffen up quickly) to get it over. You do need to have a bit of nerve, though. You could probably tear the armour if you're not careful.

And as someone here pointed out, it depends on the body frame too.

Back