• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Should There Be a New Rule Made ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think its really a very enforceable rule as a person can still request/suggest gift if they want to during the PM process.

Its really a situation where you need to be a big boy or girl and make decisions on your own rather than have the board decide for you. MO aren't safe, checks can bounce, and I think a buyer can yank a gift payment on Paypal w/o a reason.

I'm just messing, but I think this thread has run it's course. Although I have learned some things from it...so I guess that's one to grow on!

I'd like a new rule requiring people outside the U.S. to put their country in the title of their thread. Much time wasted and many a disappointment has been had finding out that a really good deal is on the other side of the planet, thus negating said good deal. :lecture

To the original question of a new rule about the 'gift' option, personally speaking no I don't think there should be one and I don't think there will be one.

Although we have the commerce section and transactions are advertised here, the deal itself be it a trade/buy or sell is made off the board so the board has no responsibility for payments etc.

I would NEVER recommend people to use the 'Gift' option as their form of payment cos if you use the gift option you have no protection/safety at all.

As for the other points raised. Ultimately it is up to the people involved to do thorough research on the person they may be dealing with. Check the FB thread, the iTrader and then do a search for the persons feedback (if they have any) as you may find that someone has many + transactions in their FB but when you search they are all for buying. So they may be a new seller. Back up your purchase with a CC wherever possible. Basically cover yourself as much as you can with every transaction!.
We have a membership of over 10K so unfortunately no matter what obstacles we put in their way some bad apples may get through, but if you cover yourself as much as you can, then you can get good use from the Commerce section as there are hundreds, maybe thousands of transactions that do go through here very successfully

I think peeps should re-acquaint themselves with the rules of the Forum every now and then just to make sure you know them:

RULES
1) The sale/trade section is only for active members of Sideshow Freaks. You must have at least 50 posts and be a board member in good standing for 3 months in order to create a For Sale thread. If you spam the boards trying to get to that 50 post count you will be permanently banned. After you have filled both these criteria please PM the admin to request access. If you receive an infraction at any time your sales privileges may be revoked or denied. If you have any questionable transactions your sales privileges my be revoked. If you're banned it will be at the discretion of the admin (Darklord Dave) as to whether your sales privileges are restored upon your return. But if you got banned, you pissed him off and he's not likely to want to do you any favors.

8) Attempting to bypass any of these rules will result in the revocation of "for sale" commerce area access.

This is right at the bottom of ther first quote (opening post) in the Commerce rules thread
Any scammers will be immediately banned permanently.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31116

So these Rules of revoking Sales access and banning scammers are already in play.
Once we know there is a problem, then action will be taken if a user is proven to have a problem or be a scammer.
x :peace

I'd like a new rule requiring people outside the U.S. to put their country in the title of their thread. Much time wasted and many a disappointment has been had finding out that a really good deal is on the other side of the planet, thus negating said good deal. :lecture

Don't know if you're serious or not, but rules shouldn't be made to hassle some people just because it makes things more convenient for others...

I didn't mean to make this into such a WAR . lol , at any point it you feel its needed , you may delete this thread MODS .:wave

Thanks everyone for responding to this issue going on . The input was awesome . thanks FREAKS

I wouldn't delete but just close.
It's a lessons learned post.

But you'll have differences here just as you do with the two main political parties of the US.

States' rights or have the gov't step in.

I wouldn't delete but just close.
It's a lessons learned post.

But you'll have differences here just as you do with the two main political parties of the US.

States' rights or have the gov't step in.

Well, as long as we're closing the thread anyway, I have to ask...

...which US political party, are you under the impression, is against the government stepping in?

I would rather everyone put their real location in their original post, there are countless people that list fake locations or none at all and like clockwork someone has to ask.

I just put where I'm actually at in my profile (looks like you do to RandyS, unless you really just love Indianapolis), rather than something funny... that makes it easier for people to know if I'm in the US or not.

Not really sure what shipping is like if the seller is on Tatooine :lol

I just put where I'm actually at in my profile (looks like you do to RandyS, unless you really just love Indianapolis), rather than something funny... that makes it easier for people to know if I'm in the US or not.

Not really sure what shipping is like if the seller is on Tatooine :lol

Skizatonia :lecture

I'm on the Normandy galaxies away from Earth. Shipping is going to cost all of you 1,000,000. :)

I will have to be honest and say that I am not one of those who discloses my location when I start for sale threads - I just figure most people know I'm in the states..I will try and remember next time I start a f/s thread to list my location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back