• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Should There Be a New Rule Made ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. EcKo

OG Freak
Reaction score
I have been seeing alot of threads of fellow board members getting ripped off on here and it really pisses me off :gah: We are lucky to have an awesome site to share out passion of collecting together .

So I also noticed that there are alot of Freaks that try and sell here on the Boards 1st to help another Freak out , which is fantastic . Doing this the Seller avoids Ebay Fees .

90% of all For Sale threads indicate that PayPal only "Mark as Gift"

Some say Mark as Gift or pay the % fee , which is understandable .

Buy marking as "GIFT" you screw yourself with paypal .

Ok so Now to what i'm asking of other FREAKS .

Do you think that THE RULES should be changed here for Members selling on the boards , to not have the option of stating "Mark as Gift" ?

and just include the PalPal % fee in the price you ask for your item .

I think this will save future people getting ripped off , and make buying and trading on here more safe :wave

Comments Appreciated

Mark as gift or increase the price another...what ? 2.5%

When people pay me for decals, I ask for them to be in a gift since it it a low amount. But no way would I ask or send someone say $400 as a gift for a collectible.

I don't ask people to mark payment as gift when they buy from me. I figure that paypal fees are included in the price that I'm charging.

When people pay me for decals, I ask for them to be in a gift since it it a low amount. But no way would I ask or send someone say $400 as a gift for a collectible.

i would ask if they didn't mind but no way would i send unless its a reputable long time freak. i would eat the fees if they did not feel comfortable but they would have to pay my original asking price. but its mostly a non issue for me. just use extreme caution!

Im also tired of this US only bull____, I understand not shipping to Cambodia, but Canada?? Pretty lame

If I put my Blade up for sale and said Quebec only, everyone would be all over me, cmon man help me out

i always factor the paypal fees in my prices as well. if the buyer sends payment as a gift its just a bonus for me. i never ask for a gift payment either... anyways my track record is pretty flawless.

toot toot

we don't need rules. just use your own judgment to make your own rules.

my rules:

1.) no customs
2.) no paypay as gift
3.) no international deals

anybody who tries to ask for exceptions, i just laugh in their face. it is awesome. hell, sometimes i find it more fun to laugh in people's faces than to actually buy/sell stuff.

Last edited:

i totally agree , if it is such a low ammount like $5 bucks , then the "gift" should be used . :exactly::goodpost:

funner?
:lol
we don't need rules. just use your own judgment to make your own rules.

my rules:

1.) no customs
2.) no paypay as gift
3.) no international deals

anybody who tries to ask for exceptions, i just laugh in their face. it is awesome. hell, sometimes i find it funner to laugh in people's faces than to actually sell stuff.

I think there is a time and place. Besides, there is no real way to enforce the terms of payments.

Also, I have made my own rule. After recently being taken advantage of on a p2 elder deal.
If somebody asks for me to declare an item as "gift" and lower value on the customs forms, then they MUST send payment as "gift". No exceptions. If you request an item is shipped as "gift" and lower value, then you also take the responsibility if something goes wrong.

That way responsibility is on the buyer for their request and they can't turn around and slap a paypal dispute on you (which happened to me).

My $0.02
weather.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back