Should Bruce Willis stop starring in action movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did it because Cop Out sucked. Bad.

Of course it did, it was just a paycheck to him. But even still. Look at what Stallone said about working with him, The Expendables films are successful and he treated the same way.

All the expendable actors should hang it up.

Indeed. All washed up, trying way too hard to capture old glory. But they make money so of course they're going to continue filming those geriatric action films.

217.gif

Of course it did, it was just a paycheck to him. But even still. Look at what Stallone said about working with him, The Expendables films are successful and he treated the same way.

Happens to most actors once they old. Robert De Niro anyone?

Thing is no one forces anyone to watch any of their movies. :dunno

True. While I watched them to see the old action stars, both movies were awful. And Stallone getting pissy cause Willis wanted more money to do another one is funny.

Happens to most actors once they old. Robert De Niro anyone?

Thing is no one forces anyone to watch any of their movies. :dunno

True. While I watched them to see the old action stars, both movies were awful. And Stallone getting pissy cause Willis wanted more money to do another one is funny.

Ugh god he's unwatchable anymore, Pacino has tried staying in better roles lately. He was good as Kevorkian.

Righteous Kill was vomit inducing.

One does not 'get into' the Die Hard series. One is into it by default. Mileage may vary as to how many of the sequels one likes but the first film is universally agreed to be a modern classic.

That is all Vintij. My god man.

Well said. :lol

Still, ehh.. :huh

It is genuinely surprising though, I don't think I've ever met someone who was 'meh' about Die Hard, the ultimate Christmas film.

It is genuinely surprising though, I don't think I've ever met someone who was 'meh' about Die Hard, the ultimate Christmas film.
Yeah, it's almost as strange as those saying T2 is better than T1. But you know, there are all kinds out there. . .you just pray every morning you don't run across some of them in a darkened alley. Because many of them are nut jobs, and who knows what they are capable of?

Yeah, it's almost as strange as those saying T2 is better than T1. But you know, there are all kinds out there. . .you just pray every morning you don't run across some of them in a darkened alley. Because many of them are nut jobs, and who knows what they are capable of?

"From Hell's heart..I stab at thee. For hate's sake..I spit my last breath at thee" :D

If you can't enjoy Die Hard, weather you grew up with it, or not.....then maybe action films are not your thing. In which case...OK.

I read the Village Voice article, and, while it still think that they're mostly pretentious douchenozzles, one thing I felt was interesting was how they mentioned Willis' McClane as being a "macho man," rather than the average joe scurrying through the vents and fighting to survive and save his wife that was McClane in the original Die Hard. I can agree with this, but why is it Willis' fault, exclusively? Last time I checked, an actor doesn't simply say what he's feeling, but, rather, he's given lines in a script. Point is, the problem isn't with Willis, it's with the guys making the films, and I think a lot of it comes from the fact that, now, the guys making these films are from a different generation. We aren't dealing with McTiernan anymore, these are guys that (mis)remember Die Hard as being one of those 80's action movies like Terminator and Rambo. Thing is: McClane seemed to be meant to be the antithesis of those archetypes in his conception, and it's only through misrepresentation that he's been twisted into what he's become today.

Bruce Willis began as the everyday action hero, and slowly became the Mr. "I WONT HUG MY KID...FEELINGS R BADDDD" guy. When McClane said "We're not a hugging family." I did laugh...because that line makes no sense in context to the character.

Also, they did point out that McClane wasn't Rambo or John Matrix, but just an every day dude with horrible luck. But Die Hard was on the level of Rambo and Terminator because of it's popularity.

Re: Batfan's post

True but I think Willis could chime in and say to the writers and director - 'hang on a minute, this isn't John McClane. John McClane would be killed in every one of these ridiculous situations you've written with fighter jets and collapsing freeways and whatever the hell happens in 5'...he would say these things if he wasn't just in it for the money now.

Back