ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY (NEO,RICK GRIMES,STORMTROOPER)

Awesome collection and display!

Are those dioder strips from Ikea? Any close up shots or pointers on running the wires? It looks really clean.

Awesome collection and display!

Are those dioder strips from Ikea? Any close up shots or pointers on running the wires? It looks really clean.

Hey thanks man! :) Yes they are the dioder lights. I can try to post some pics of the wires. They're basically just wrapped to the back of the frames and zipped tied neatly. :wave

cool customs ,especialy neo

ShortRound: May I ask where did you hide the splitter and the adapter? How did you manage to have long enough wires to connect to the strips to the splitter? Did you run your wires from the top or bottom?

I am also having a hard time following your wiring from the pics. I see that bottom shelve have wires tied down on the side with zip locks, then it connects to the led strip. How did you connect from the bottom shelve to the upper ones? I see wires are then tied down from the metal poles at the back on the upper shelve.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ShortRound: May I ask where did you hide the splitter and the adapter? How did you manage to have long enough wires to connect to the strips to the splitter? Did you run your wires from the top or bottom?

I am also having a hard time following your wiring from the pics. I see that bottom shelve have wires tied down on the side with zip locks, then it connects to the led strip. How did you connect from the bottom shelve to the upper ones? I see wires are then tied down from the metal poles at the back on the upper shelve.

Thanks!

Hello aau10. I'll draw up a diagram of how the wires are run. It's a bit difficult to explain. I'll PM you soon. Glad you like them. :wave

Hey thanks man! :) Yes they are the dioder lights. I can try to post some pics of the wires. They're basically just wrapped to the back of the frames and zipped tied neatly. :wave

Do you know if Ikea still sells them in same bright white color? Last I heard was that they may have switched manufacturers for their Dioder strips. Here's a good example of what I'm referring to. Old Ikea Dioders on the right, new ugly yellowish Dioders on the left;

hesejyju.jpg

Hey snoop, just forget about ikea. I bought both the white dioder and multi color one and returned both.

The white dioder is basically yellow. They do not have cool white anymore as they changed supplier. The multi color one is not bright enough and is not nothing like cool white. I tried playing with the dial and the light either have a slight blue tint or greenish tint.

I gave up on ikea leds and going with LED ribbons instead.

Last edited:

Hey snoop, just forget about ikea. I bought both the white dioder and multi color one and returned both.

The white dioder is basically yellow. They do not have cool white anymore as they changed supplier. The multi color one is not bright enough and is not nothing like cool white. I tried playing with the dial and the light either have a slight blue tint or greenish tint.

That sucks to hear. What are LED ribbons?

Do you know if Ikea still sells them in same bright white color? Last I heard was that they may have switched manufacturers for their Dioder strips. Here's a good example of what I'm referring to. Old Ikea Dioders on the right, new ugly yellowish Dioders on the left;

hesejyju.jpg

I've heard the same thing but I honestly couldn't tell you. Sorry Jenny. That really stinks if it is true. I got 2 more detolfs and I would really like to light them up. But not with the warm white color. :monkey2

These are REALLY nice lights but are a real pain to setup. Once you measure the right size for the detolf, you cut them and then have to solder the wire to the piece of strip you cut. Real pain in the ***. Glad I ran into the ikea dioders. But if what snoop101 says is true, I'll probably have to go that route. And I really hate soldering. :monkey4

Last edited:

Wow I guess this confirms it. Thanks for that info aau. PMing you the diagram of my detolf set ups now. :wave

These are REALLY nice lights but are a real pain to setup. Once you measure the right size for the detolf, you cut them and then have to solder the wire to the piece of strip you cut. Real pain in the ***. Glad I ran into the ikea dioders. But if what snoop101 says is true, I'll probably have to go that route. And I really hate soldering. :monkey4

You can buy clips for the ends of this that then has a 2mm adapter on the end for the transformer. Either way is pretty easy. Two solder points at the start of a run. Really simple stuff, we have 13 yr old boys do it in woodwork for desktop lamps with little problem and instruction.

5m of lights for around $20 max with transformer makes this pretty attractive, plus you don't have half the cabling required for the Ikea stuff.

Re: ShortRound's FORTUNE & GLORY (NEO,RICK GRIMES)

Picked up a SS Stormtrooper. Glad to have one back in the collection. He's on a slim TT. Armor has been shined up with future floor polish. Really brings this figure to a new level. Big thanks to all the SW freaks in the SW section. So much passion over there, you can't help but involve yourself. :lol

IMG_1916_zpsff85b1d1.jpg

IMG_1914_zpsf75283e1.jpg

IMG_1917_zps55ad50e4.jpg

IMG_1919_zpsff675310.jpg

IMG_1921_zps226e12bc.jpg

IMG_1924_zps4f5810d8.jpg

A litte fun with a TT sculpt I had laying around. :)

IMG_1922_zps61b37ca8.jpg

IMG_1923_zps4aeaba21.jpg

OH MY THATS GORGEOUS!

[ame]https://youtu.be/DtzasjfM8no[/ame]

Shorty love that Grimes bro! Have you or are you weathering him up?

Thanks man. Waiting for Kato's Levi jacket then sending it to Silentsurfer for full weathering and bloody effect.

Back