Shia Trashes Indy IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, lots of hate thrown Shia's way in this thread. I commend him for being honest, even though it probably wasn't wise to trash on those who provide him his livelihood.

I don't think he's a bad actor, thought he's been in some bad stuff. A Rotten Tomato aggregate isn't ways the de facto indicator of a bad film. I liked Disturbia and Shia was fantastic in the film 'A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints' which also starred Robert Downey Jr. I doubt anybody here has seen it.

If he really had balls he should opt out of starring in Transformers 3 or Indy 5 if there's an inkling that the the script or screenplay is bad.

I don't dislike Shia, but he simply sucks as an actor. Really, I hope people find that out someday...although Hayden Christensen is still getting jobs (why God, why?) Shia is no Dicaprio.

This is why he needs to keep his mouth shut, he's just bad mouthed one of his most highest rated movies :lol
Maybe he should just apologise for being an Actor

Rotten Tomatoes Shia Filmography

Indiana Jones KOTCS 77% Fresh
Holes 77%
Disturbia 68%
Transformers 57%
constantine 46%
Eagle Eye 28%
Transformers 2 20% rotten Turd
Yeah, so what is the lesson you take away when you bad-mouth all the movies you are in, and when none of the critics like them very much? Hmm. . .

I don't disagree that Crystal Skull could have been better, but agree with the above post that it is about 1000 X better than either Transformer film. Shia seems like a half-way decent actor, but he's nothing special. I certainly don't see the potential in him that I saw with DiCaprio even early in his career. And frankly, I think DiCaprio is a bit over-rated. I still don't understand why Shia gets so many roles. I guess he's seen as an "everyman," but a significantly less talented one than a Jimmy Stewart or Tom Hanks.

I don't dislike Shia, but he simply sucks as an actor. Really, I hope people find that out someday...although Hayden Christensen is still getting jobs (why God, why?) Shia is no Dicaprio.

I don't see where he's a bad actor. I think you're holding the movies that you don't like against him.

Yeah, so what is the lesson you take away when you bad-mouth all the movies you are in, and when none of the critics like them very much? Hmm. . .

I don't disagree that Crystal Skull could have been better, but agree with the above post that it is about 1000 X better than either Transformer film. Shia seems like a half-way decent actor, but he's nothing special. I certainly don't see the potential in him that I saw with DiCaprio even early in his career. And frankly, I think DiCaprio is a bit over-rated. I still don't understand why Shia gets so many roles. I guess he's seen as an "everyman," but a significantly less talented one than a Jimmy Stewart or Tom Hanks.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. :lol

There's no way Shia is in the same catagory of Stewart or Hanks. And Stewart > Hanks

I don't see where he's a bad actor. I think you're holding the movies that you don't like against him.

He lacks range. Plain and simple. He is Shia in every film, same exact person. Even in Tru Confessions, it's still the same Shia. Dicaprio I think is underrated for his range. From What's Eating Gilbert Grape to Blood Diamond to The Departed. All those performances were pitch perfect. Shia has yet to truly delve into a role, although his film choices thus far have sucked so that's not saying much.

I agree about Shia but can't agree about Dicaprio. I believe he is one of the best actors of my generation, bar-none.

Who overrates Di Caprio? Scorsese?
Yeah, the high-profile directors who keep hiring him and paying him a butt-load of money, also the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for giving him multiple best actor nominations. Of course, there are also the fans who pay to see him.

He's alright, but not someone who should be getting multiple Academy Award nods, IMO. Of course, Sandra Bullock won one of the damn things, so that ceremony doesn't mean much to me.

DiCaprio has undergone truly the most remarkable transformation I can think of. He went from "can't watch" to "don't miss" inside of a decade -- started off as a pretty boy in sappy romances and chick flicks, and now he's a legit badass in some really intense movies (Departed, Body of Lies, etc.). Amazing.

If Shia can pull that off ... the movie world will be better for it.

SnakeDoc

Well, Leo also did some serious roles before Titanic/Romeo+Juliet like This Boy's Life, Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape? And a western in The Quick And The Dead. He just did those two movies back-to-back and every girl wanted him and every guy wanted to punch him in the face :D

LEO DICAPRIO FTW!! :rock

Wow, lots of hate thrown Shia's way in this thread. I commend him for being honest, even though it probably wasn't wise to trash on those who provide him his livelihood.

I don't think he's a bad actor, thought he's been in some bad stuff. A Rotten Tomato aggregate isn't ways the de facto indicator of a bad film. I liked Disturbia and Shia was fantastic in the film 'A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints' which also starred Robert Downey Jr. I doubt anybody here has seen it.

If he really had balls he should opt out of starring in Transformers 3 or Indy 5 if there's an inkling that the the script or screenplay is bad.

Got it on DVD and seen it. Really good movie :rock

I think Shia's a good actor who will continue to improve as he get's older and does more mature roles and not stuff like Transformers.

I've always liked Shia. I dont agree with him about KOTCS, but whatever. I understand it. I also understand the hate for ROTF. Even though I liked it. :D

While I don't agree that Crystal Skull was a horrible movie (horrible elements, yes...but fun overall), I do commend Shia for speaking his piece about the movies.

That being said...I don't think he's a successful enough star to basically bite the hand that feeds him. Even he realizes it in his remark "I know I'll probably get a call..."

He heavily criticized two Hollywood heavyweight directors. That "call" will probably be the one where his agent says "Buddy, they blackballed ya..."

A little more tact would have been in order.

Transformers 3 isn't going to be much better Shia lol
The kid is washed up. His 15 minutes will be up soon.
He truly should be thankful for being able to be in these movies of this scope and size. Take your money and shut up.
Criticize them when you've been doing this for 15 years or more and are actually respected as an actor, and then I'll understand why you were too good for these movies.

Last edited:
I knew Indy IV was going to be bad when I noticed that the bomb in the beginning was just a reworked podracer engine from TPM. :lol

Back