Sherlock Holmes starring Robert Downey Jr.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a good time watching this.
I LOVED the chemistry between Downey Jr. and Law. Their scenes together were brilliant.

I loved the way it was filmed...really like Guy Ritchies' style..the sets and costumes were great.

I felt some parts dragged a bit and truthfully, I felt they could have done without the Rachel McAdams character. I didn't feel that she really added anything and her scenes with Downey felt so bland and unexciting compared to his scenes with Law.

Good film...not a great one though. I do hope they make a sequel and I will definitely watch this again when it comes out on bluray.

The film needed more of those slow-mo scenes in which Holmes narrates his thought processes before kicking someone's a$$.

Saw this today. Worth a watch for RDJ and Jude Law. Otherwise, it was entirely forgettable.

Yeh,I got so bored I started counting the stars on the carpet in front of me. But I've never been a Shlock Holmes fan anyway, I was kind of dragged in to see it. I didn't even pay for my ticket.:banana

I loved the way it was filmed...really like Guy Ritchies' style..the sets and costumes were great.
Haven't seen this one yet (will at some point), but this worries me. I can't stand Ritchie's style in the other films he has made, though you can't hardly go wrong with Downey, Jr., no matter what the style of film.

I think they should have just taken one of the numerous Holmes stories and adapted them.
I feel this would be unnecessary. The Jeremy Brett series is in my eyes, the definitive interpretation of Conan Doyle's Holmes stories. Of course, if there is money to be made, that wouldn't stop anybody.

Saw this during the Holidays and really loved it. Downey and Law were amazing and had an awesome team dynamic. Also loved McAdams. Can't wait to own the Blu Ray and I hope Hot Toys does a line.

I had a good time watching this.
I LOVED the chemistry between Downey Jr. and Law. Their scenes together were brilliant.

I felt some parts dragged a bit and truthfully, I felt they could have done without the Rachel McAdams character. I didn't feel that she really added anything and her scenes with Downey felt so bland and unexciting compared to his scenes with Law.

Good film...not a great one though. I do hope they make a sequel and I will definitely watch this again when it comes out on bluray.

:lecture

Hope hot toys will pick up the license, I need a 1/6 watson and sherlock!

I have a strong feeling that they are planning to release a trilogy out of sherlock; much like pirates of the Caribbean. Not that I'd complain :banana

I finally saw this movie!!
Much better than what I expected!!
I enjoyed it a lot! Great story, great visuals and set design.
The interaction between Law and Downey Jr. was perfect IMO,
liked it a lot!

My two cents. Saw it and loved the movie! More than I thought I would.
I was scared to see that Guy Ritchie was directing it. But maybe without Madonna around he can do some better movies now lol

Robert Downey was awesome. Loved his obsessive compulsive nature and the way he thinks and has his mind constantly running through things. I enjoyed the movie alot.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical

Robert Downey Jr.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

:rock :rock :rock

I saw that news earlier!! Awesome!!!

It's a fun film - definitely worth seeing for the banter between RDJ and Jude Law.

I agree! They made a great team together!!! Really awesome to see!

Great score too. I'm suprised it was Hans Zimmer. He's getting more versitile now.

I, too, was surprised that it was a Hans Zimmer score! It was a very different score than his usual work, but definitely memorable!!!

it was a good movie, but it suffers from the sixth sense syndrome

whats the six sense syndrom?
u mean it doesn't have reply value?

I saw it last night...thought it was great...but a little to long, but then again...I feel that all Guy Ritchie's film are a little to long.

The film score was great and RDJ and Jude Laws performance where great.

I love the art in the ending credits....I actually found an article interviewing the artist:
https://www.artofthetitle.com/2010/01/21/sherlock-holmes/

Here's the wedbist eof teh artist:
https://www.dannyyount.com/

Seems that this isn't the only movie he's worked on.

Last edited:
Back