Shazam the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not the question, the question is it better than Avengers, because it just might be. I seriously wasn't ready for how amazing this movie is, the third act is probably one of the best in a comic film yet and if you thought Thor arriving in Wakanda was awesome, Shazam just might trump that lol

Nah, I don’t think so.

Nah, I don’t think so.

I'll say I think it's better than the first Avengers movie, not Infinity War but the moment in the third act might have been more hyped than Thor in Wakanda, the theater lost it's freaking mind, it was insane! Easily this is one of the best comic book films ever made, could quite possibly be the best DC movie yet, not DCEU, DC movie period. I'm really struggling with if I put it above the dark knight in just pure enjoyment because I just might lol

While avengers had the build up, and endgame has the esamble, Shazam! has the fist pumping moment built in the movie itself. The crowd was cheering for a moment that was deserved. Not from a cameo from iron man or something. The kids in my theater were cheering about a moment and concept that they were taught in the movie itself about a character they most likely had no previous nowledge of. Now that’s awesome.

It’s certainly not a perfect movie and not even the same TYPE of movie. This movie is totally loosey goosey and would probably laugh in the face of people taking superhero movies so seriously

While avengers had the build up, and endgame has the esamble, Shazam! has the fist pumping moment built in the movie itself. The crowd was cheering for a moment that was deserved. Not from a cameo from iron man or something. The kids in my theater were cheering about a moment and concept that they were taught in the movie itself about a character they most likely had no previous nowledge of. Now that’s awesome.

It’s certainly not a perfect movie and not even the same TYPE of movie. This movie is totally loosey goosey and would probably laugh in the face of people taking superhero movies so seriously

Reading your last sentence there makes me laugh at MOS era DCEU when Snyder was going to create serious superhero drama not that silly MCU comedy fluff.

How things have flipped.

Well I don’t think either here nor there is particularly “better” for a movie. But Shazam! Takes the description of “big goofy superhero movie” and runs with it. Where as Ant-man merely jogs with it.

I know this is probably an extremist view, but nothing out of DC is comparable to the MCU to me.

I would put DC’s best (WW) on par with the middle of MCU (BP / Spiderman / Thor)

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The movie was great, don’t get me wrong but I think it’s unfair to compare this to something like Avengers. I know they are bothcomic book movies but different comic book movies.

I know this is probably an extremist view, but nothing out of DC is comparable to the MCU to me.

I would put DC’s best (WW) on par with the middle of MCU (BP / Spiderman / Thor)

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

To be fair WW first solo movie is far better than Thors first movie, captain americas first movie and even BP solo movie. The only solo Marvel movie that can be on the same page in my books is the first Iron man that movie was epic, Spiderman wasn't bad also to be honest and its on the same page as WW. What i am saying it WW is a top tier movie.

Not that i rate RT but it effects the total box office so good to see Shazam is certified fresh.

Attachments

• shazam.jpg
    shazam.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 79
Not that i rate RT but it effects the total box office so good to see Shazam is certified fresh.

Yep! I'd personally rate it high due to how much fun I had watching this. Can't wait to go back and see it again opening night.

Back