Shadow's Shelf ( Mar 2021: Video Update - Page 10)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shadow's Shelf (April 2015. New Besta and Lighting!- Page 8)

Thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments.

New update coming soon!

Re: Shadow's Shelf (January 2016. New Apartment New Display)

So one broken engagement and a move to another part of the country later, my collection needed a new home. Luckily, the closet in my new Library provided just the place:

The most obvious change is a new shelf ontop for Star Wars. With so many figures that have either come out or will come out in the next few months, I needed room to expand.

Problem is that the shelf is only 13" high, so Darth Vader doesn't fit and had to go on my "film legends" shelf with Marty McFly, Indiana Jones, and James Bond:

I expanded my Doctor Who collection, both in 1/6 and 5" scale

As well as figuarts Power Rangers:

Guardians of the Galaxy:

Harry Potter/Game of Thrones:

And of course the Avengers:

Also got a Sherlock figure with custom headsculpt:

Put together a Steve Jobs figure:

Started a Rocketeer (all those parts cost me about $40 btw):

And a Cyclops from X-Men (that's also Maria Hill next to him):

Also made some more progress on Supernatural customs:

Overall pretty proud of my collection, but with all the awesome figures coming out this year, who knows how much room il have to display them:

Re: Shadow's Shelf (2016. New apartment New Display- Page 9)

Man, your collection looks amazing! Nice work

looking good bro!!!

At least those cases are not in a closet anymore. I have a feeling that wasn't your choice though. Very nice collection and congrats on dodging the bullet!

Not much to update in the past few months, but have gotten a few new goodies.

First off I expanded my Star Wars collection with Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, and the first of a new generation of characters: Kylo Ren

Also got a new Harry Potter figure; Professor Snape. Honestly as rough as the pictures make this guy look, he is great in person.

And acquired a X-Men Magneto

Also a more of a niche character; Jack Harper from Oblivion. If you love this movie I can't recommend it enough

A lot of focus this past few months has been on customs. Among the ones ive put together are Hannibal Lecter from the tv show:

Also made some further progress on my Rocketeer thanks to Rocco:

Also ive been putting together a lot of figures from the universe of my favorite author Brandon Sanderson. Most of you probably don't know these characters, but if any of you haven't read "The Way of Kings" or the "Mistborn" series I cannot recommend them enough.

Also my big acquisition is finally getting the 1/6 Delorean from "Back to the Future". This this is massive and owning it is a dream come true. Unfortunatly I have no room for it in my actual collection so it is currently sitting on my pool table, haha.

Excellent pics - such an impressive collection! :clap :clap

Great-looking collection! Really impressive and congrats on the Delorean!

Thanks guys. Appreciate it!

Wow that's a nice collection with a nice mix of different genres. I am curious what kind of lights you are using. The circle ones not the bar lights.

Re: Shadow's Shelf (2016. New Detolf/ More Star Wars!- Page 10)

Hi all! Been a crazy few months. But in that time, a lot of amazing figures have come out which ive added to my collection.

Since a the area that I needed to most space for is my ever growing collection of book characters, I decided to take the plunge and by a new detolf just for them.

First shelf has Game of Thrones, including new purchase John. Custom Jamie Lannister head sits near him, waiting for the eventual figure he will be sitting on to arrive.

Next is Harry Potter, along with new acquisition Dumbledore!

On the third shelf I filled it all with customs from my favorite book series/shared universe; Brandon Sanderson's epic cosmere universe.

And while the last shelf is mostly empty now, its eventually going to be dedicated to characters from my other favorite book series, the Dresden Files. For now, the title character stands guard alone.

On top of the Detolf (mostly for lack of room) I put my Big Chief Doctor Who Tardis:

As well as the beginning of the Civil War line with the Battle Damaged Captain America:

The other big expansion has come in the Star Wars line. I acquired quite a few of these over the past few months.
Leia and Chewie from the original movie:

Anakin from the prequels:

And Rey, Finn, a Stormtrooper, and BB-8 from Episode 7

Other additions include an Ant-Man

A custom Uncharted 4 Nathan Drake:

A Vision, Scarlett Witch, and Quicksilver. This essentially completes my AOU line! I also acquired a custom Tony Stark sculpt which I'm a huge fan of.

And upgraded the sculpt on my MOS Superman:

Coming soon....

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Re: Shadow's Shelf ( Oct 2016. New Detolf. More Star Wars! - Page 10)

Your collection is really impressive and amazing :clap

May I ask which body you use for Dean Winchester? I am planing my first custom and I really love the proportions on your figure :)

Your collection is really impressive and amazing :clap

May I ask which body you use for Dean Winchester? I am planing my first custom and I really love the proportions on your figure :)

Thank you! :)

And sure thing. Its a Hot Toys Bruce Banner body.

My O' my! Now that is just lovely! :clap

Been awhile since I posted in here and wanted to give an update.
So I figured that my collection was getting a bit too big to show off in photos, so I decided to make a video of the full display.

Re: Shadow's Shelf ( Mar 2020: Video Update - Page 10)

Another video of the collection showing the addition of Bestas as well as all the figures that came out in 2020.

Back