Shadow's Shelf ( Mar 2021: Video Update - Page 10)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shadow's Shelf (January 2013 update)

Been awhile since I visited this thread, so I wanted to post an update.

IMG_1589.jpg

Last month I finally got a figure that I had been looking for for 3 years, the MK 1. Finally my Iron Man collection is complete:

IMG_1561.jpg

Next, I finally branched out my collection into Star Wars by snagging the Hot Toys Luke Skywalker

IMG_1571.jpg
IMG_1572.jpg

I also upgraded by Indiana Jones to an Ezio body. Still far from perfect, but for the first time I can sort of see the character in there. Once I get that new custom headsculpt that zenonithius is working on, it will be perfect!
IMG_1576.jpg

I also started by Avengers collection. Captain America just arrived yesterday. Two figures in and my wallet already hurts!

IMG_1564.jpg
IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

Re: Shadow's Shelf (Detolf Upgrade)

Lastly, I made some progress on various customs. I definatly ahve to give a shout out to EvilFace for his kickass stand decals. I love these things. Im especially fond of the "Dexter" decal. The white stand really pops out.

IMG_1587.jpg

The Walter White figure is almost done, I just can't figure out what to do for shoes now that Trevor has gone dark. If anyone is selling a pair or could point me in the right direction, id really appreciate it.

The "meth" is some blue sprinkles that I got at Walmart that I think look great.

The Dexter figure that I just started bashing a couple days ago is going to be a "civillian" Dexter Morgan.It seems like everyone does the "Kill Clothes" Dexter and I wanted to try something different. Plus I always picture the character in my head wearing civillian clothes.

He is currently wearing the Hot Toys Bruce Lee in Suit pants and eventually will wear the Zcwo Mens Hommes 10 shirt once it is released. I still can't decide weather or not to strip the color from his pants to make it more show accurate. When I tried it with the Bruce Lee matching jacket, it came out this wierd color that looks perfect beige in some light and neon yellow in other.

That naked dude in the back is the beginning of a Rick Grimes figure. The Kato outfit is on order.

EDIT: As I was typing this post I got a knock on the door from the postman with my sheriff outfit. Hopefully I can get some pics up in a couple of days.

I also finished a Smallville Clark Kent custom:

IMG_1560.jpg

And made a bit more progress on my Firefly figures:

IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg

Thanks for reading!

-Chris

Cool stuff Shadow, congrats on the Kato outfit! :rock Which sculpt are you using for Rick?

Thanks man!

Honestly I haven't decided which Rick sculpt i'm going with. Iminimie has the best level of detail, but something is off about the painted version. I think it is a bit too "squinty". And obviously it doesn't match the Sheriff outfit look.

WGP is also really nice, but doesn't quite have that depth of detail that Iminimie does, plus it comes with the added burden of hiring someone to paint it.

Kato is also doing a cool one, but something about the mouth is really weird. Reminds me of Elvis for some reason.

What are you going with?

Thanks man!

Honestly I haven't decided which Rick sculpt i'm going with. Iminimie has the best level of detail, but something is off about the painted version. I think it is a bit too "squinty". And obviously it doesn't match the Sheriff outfit look.

WGP is also really nice, but doesn't quite have that depth of detail that Iminimie does, plus it comes with the added burden of hiring someone to paint it.

Kato is also doing a cool one, but something about the mouth is really weird. Reminds me of Elvis for some reason.

What are you going with?

I'm going with the iminime version, although I agree, the painted pics didn't impress me all that much (the unpainted blew me away). I'm just relying on my past experience with photo distortion in this hobby to keep me optimistic till April. :lol It may not match the Sheriff look, but I asked Denny to have the beard on mine painted as lightly as possible without looking off, and the longer hair doesn't bother me much. Besides, this is really just a placeholder sculpt until Trevor inevitably sculpts him. :exactly:

That Smallville's Clark Kent looks great, man!

WOW! Great Update and Pic's, Great Job on Smallville Clark Kent and looking forward to seeing the Firefly crew done but I didn't see a Summer Glau Body, Great Post

That Smallville's Clark Kent looks great, man!

Great update bro ;)

Thanks guys!

WOW! Great Update and Pic's, Great Job on Smallville Clark Kent and looking forward to seeing the Firefly crew done but I didn't see a Summer Glau Body, Great Post

Thanks.

Yea, River is currently in the planning stages. Ive settled on using the Babydoll body, im just trying to figure out what im going to use for feet and a dress.

I want her to be wearing that pink dress she wears in "Objects in Space" so im looking into customizing it.

I'm going with the iminime version, although I agree, the painted pics didn't impress me all that much (the unpainted blew me away). I'm just relying on my past experience with photo distortion in this hobby to keep me optimistic till April. :lol It may not match the Sheriff look, but I asked Denny to have the beard on mine painted as lightly as possible without looking off, and the longer hair doesn't bother me much. Besides, this is really just a placeholder sculpt until Trevor inevitably sculpts him. :exactly:

Yea, im most likely going to be going with iminimie myself. Even with its problems its still a great head, and like you said it may look better in person.

A Trevor Grove head would be the dream though. But I thought he was out of the game. Unless you know something I don't.

Re: Shadow's Shelf (July 2013 update)

Haven't posted in here in months so I figured it was time for an update.

The biggest update is that I greatly expanded my Avengers collection. Just need to track down a Mark VII and it will be complete:

Also new is a Batman DX12. I spruced him up with a TonyMeis cape and a Robbie the Painter Faceplate. Such a giant improvement over the DX02. Love this thing. Its pretty much the definitive Nolan Batman figure.

Lastly, I finally got a few heads back from Skiman. They're looking great! Can't wait to receive the last two.

Im also working on putting together a Marty McFly figure right now. Literally the only thing I need to complete it is a set of foot pegs which I have on order now. Hopefully by this weekend I can upload some pics of it!

Last edited:

Great Update and Pic's, I see your Summer, looks Promising, Great Great Post; Shadow

Thanks man! Ive been trying to find a tailor to make a custom dress for her, but my last two attempts have fallen through.

So for now she is rocking the "cargo hold" look.

Thanks man! Ive been trying to find a tailor to make a custom dress for her, but my last two attempts have fallen through.

So for now she is rocking the "cargo hold" look.

As you may know we have some Very Talented 1/6 scale Collectors here on the boards, someone might be able to hook you up with a tailor and just for the Record Rocking the Cargo Hold can be a Good Thing sometimes :lol:lol:lol:lol, Good Luck; Shadow

Re: Shadow's Shelf (Marty McFly Complete!)

After 17 years of Back to the Future being my all time favorite movie, ive finally realized my childhood dream of having a Marty McFly action figure!

Thanks to DChung, Zsculpter, and Evilface for making this dream a reality.

Good stuff. Who's gonna be painting the head?

That's a good question man. I was going to use Skiman, but now that hes getting out of the painting business I have no idea who im going to go with.

Back