Shadow's Shelf ( Mar 2021: Video Update - Page 10)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shadow's Shelf (Marty McFly Complete!)

Loving all the finished/almost finished customs, Shadow. Jayne, Zoe, Walt and Marty are all looking excellent. :rock

Re: Shadow's Shelf (January 2014 Update/Malcolm Reynolds)

Haven't purchased that much in the past few months, but since I hadn't done an update in half a year I wanted to post one.

First off I snagged a Catwoman and a bane, finally completing my Batman collection. (at least until Hot Toys gets around to releasing a Ras Al Ghul)

I also made quite a bit of progress with some customs, including the completion of a figure ive been working on since 2010, Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

And finally, the still unfinished Marty McFly found a home among some fellow time travelers. The Tenth Doctor will be joining him whenever he arrives.

Pretty soon il have to buy a new detolf. With Iron Patriot, Superman, Mark 42, and Nathan Drake on the way (along with all the figuarts Power Rangers), 2014 should be a good year for figures!

very nice setup....

Great Update Shadow and Digging the Crew of Serenity, Excellent Post my Friend

Love the firefly posters

Congrats on completing Captain Malcolm Reynolds! Looks great where did the clothes come from? Was an outfit set offered? Or did you bash them?

Thanks guys! Im really excited to finally have him done.

Congrats on completing Captain Malcolm Reynolds! Looks great where did the clothes come from? Was an outfit set offered? Or did you bash them?

I bashed all of them.

The recipe for Malcolm was:

Head- Trevor Grove (painted by Skiman)
Boots - Trevor Grove
Pants - Sideshow Indiana Jones German Disguise
Shirt - Hot Toys Wolverine
Gloves - Hot Toys Red Skull
Gun - Darthviper107
Suspenders - Starpuffs
Jacket - Another freak whose name I can't remember. Used to make a bunch of these items though. Also did the vest for Zoe.

All on a TT-Advanced.

Congrats on finally finishing Mal, shadow! The collection is looking fantastic. :rock

love the firefly shelf

Haven't posted an update in a while so I figured it was time.

Its been a busy few months, and I have acquired quite a few figures since my last update.

War Machine Mark 2 and Iron Patriot join their predecessor:

A new Superman fits right in with the crowd:

Wolverine becomes the first X-men of my collection. Maybe more someday. *Prays for Fassbender Magneto*

I dramatically expanded my Star Wars collection with Darth Vader, Young Obi-Wan, Yoda, and the beginnings of a custom Han Solo (which will be outfitted with the upcoming Echo Base head). Just need to track down a vest.

And Nathan Drake; my favorite video-game character of all time finally gets his own figure:

On the customs front, I finally finished Marty McFly after getting his head painted, so he can join his fellow time travelers:

I also got the head painted for my Wash from Firefly. Next up; Simon! Coming very soon!

Off and on ive been working on a Dr. House, mostly from parts I already had lying around. Im not too happy with the coat, so im probably going to replace it.

And finally, just finished only a few minutes ago is an Uncharted 2 Nathan Drake. My favorite video game deserved a figure.

Im really going to need a new Detolf soon!

Re: Shadow's Shelf (July 2014 Update)

Wonderful collection! :clap :clap Those custom figures look awesome!! :rock

Love that Drake figure! Awsome collection, man!

Great UC2 Drake, shadow, that's the definitive look for him IMO. :duff

Congrats on all of the other additions as well!

Last edited:
Re: Shadow's Shelf (February 2015 Full Collection)

So the last few months has been really busy in terms of great stuff coming out. I honestly haven't kept track of exactly what ive bought since then, so in this post im going to do a full collection overview.

Im pretty sure my 3 Detolfs are full and packed. By the next update, il definitely have gotten a 4th one to give all the figures some room to breathe.

On top we have the Ironmen (and Harry Potter because I ran out of room). There is the Mark I-Mark VI, Heartbreaker, Silver Centurion, Mark 43, Mark II AU, War Machine Marks I and II along with Iron Patriot

Next up Star Wars. We have the Hot Toys Luke Skywalker, Sideshow Darth Vader, Sideshow Boba Fett, Sideshow Yoda, and Episode 1 Obi-Wan. Obviously this is going to be the part of my collection which expands the most over the next year.

Captain America TFA (with custom head off Ebay), Rescue Captain, Winter Soldier, Red Skull, and Black Widow.

Next is one of my mostly custom shelves. There is Walter White, Rick Grimes, Dr. House, and The "Heavy Armored Special Cop" figure.

Wolverine is joined by Beat It, Thriller, and Bad Michael Jackson.

Another custom shelf. Michael Myers, Dean Winchester, Dexter Morgan, and Deadpool. Also featured is my newest figure; Tyrion Lannister.

The Adventurer Shelf. Indiana Jones on an Ezio body along with Sideshow Nathan Drake and a custom Uncharted 2 Drake. As you can see, I am very much in need of a Kai head.

The crew of Firefly (Inara will get done someday). Note that River is only wearing a temporary dress until I can find something suitable for her.

3 versions of my favorite superhero: Superman.

More superheroes. Dark World Thor & Loki, Spiderman, Black Suited Spiderman, and a custom CW Arrow figure.

Moving up we get to our collection of time Travelers. The Tenth Doctor, Marty McFly, The T-1000, and T-800 with DX-13 headsculpt.

Now Nolan Batman. DX-12, Bane, Catwoman, Harvey Dent, The Batman Begins Batman, and MSS 188 Batman with DX-12 Bruce Wayne head.

Finally the Avengers. Ironman Mark VII, Captain America, Thor, Loki, Hawkeye, and Coulson.

Well that is my collection, hope you like it. Sorry about the crappy pics. Didn't notice until I uploaded them to the computer. Im pretty sure my camera is about to die. As soon as I get a new camera this post will be updated with higher quality photos.

Thanks!

Re: Shadow's Shelf (February 2015 Full Collection)

Well, finally it came time for a display upgrade. As you could see in my last update, my 3 detolfs were completely full up. So I went to Ikea and bought a Besta. Man, even with that thing space filled up fast. I estimate in about a year il need another detolf or something. I still haven't worked out positions of the figures exactly, but the display is definitely a lot less congested now.

Also, while I was there I picked up some dioders to light up my collection. I love them! After spending a good part of today wiring them up I can't believe I didn't do this sooner.

Before:

After:

An overview of the new Besta:

Moving things around in the collection made some space to show off some new stuff:

Last edited:
Re: Shadow's Shelf (April 2015. New Besta and Lighting!- Page 8)

The Arrow is awesome!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thanks man! I had a lot of fun putting that figure together.

I got a laugh out of Doctor Who being on the Terminator shelf. Great figures man.

Back