SH Figuarts Naruto figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had it on preorder since January on BBTS and still nothing. They actually pushed the release month to March from February
This delay is just ridiculous! And yet, people insist we give bluefin our money and not import.

Finally, amazon confirmed that they've shipped my Sasuke figure to Toronto. Should receive it soon.

I hope this isn't the end of the line. When will they announce something new? Whatever happened to rock lee? Damn this takes the p1ss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. More characters are needed. What are their thoughts on this series? It's like they are even trying at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, I just stumbled across this website and thread. I pre-ordered S.H. Figuarts Sasuke Uchiha and honestly, it's not equal to the quality of the DBZ line. I'm not a collector or anything, I just order my favorite characters so I only have SDCC Gohan and Trunks. As you can see from the display pictures:

BA036.jpg

BA037.jpg

BA038.jpg

The quality is amazing and I expected the figure to look like this as the DBZ figures look exactly as they were shown. In reality, he looks like this:

8c23df1d.jpg

061a3ba5-s.jpg

The expression is different, the hair is different, the nose is different, the mouth paint. Why would they advertise it and show what they are capable of on display and produce a considerably lower quality figure? Does anyone know if there is any possible way to get the figure advertised because I can't believe the head sculpt was so lazily done. I'm new to all of this so can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like it suffers the same syndrome as the One Piece line.

Its the same head sculpt - just painted differently. The photo looks a bit whitish while the actual product is yellowish. And the photo had no red lips, while the actual product does. I kinda like the photo, it has that cold, ruthless feel to it.

If it's just the paint that's the issue, do you know if there is any way to fix it or get it redone? If not, is there a way to contact SH Figuarts themselves? If there really is no way to fix it, I'm most likely sending it back. It's not like detailed paint is not possible; they did it expertly on the DBZ figures. They even added in tinier details like smirks and the black lines at the ends of the hair. Why the hell would they half-ass the Naruto ones? This is overall upsetting because there'll most likely never be a Sasuke figure that is better than the one they put on display.

Scrolling down, looking at those Sasuke pics, I was thinking something like "Hey, it doesn't look that bad there.", but didn't realise those were proto pics. I don't know if it's quality, or art direction, but even the proto Sasuke isn't as nice as production DBZ SHF figures I reckon.

I think the prototype Sasuke looks fantastic aside from the paint chipping. It captures his character perfectly and the expression really does look like Sasuke. Refer to my avatar and just look at it. Too bad it's a lie and that's not the production quality. Literally feel like I got scammed into buying trash. The Naruto figure looks even worse.

I just noticed that you can see the corners of his eyes on the photo, while you can't on the photo. I think thats what makes the photo 'feel' cooler and ruthless.

You can repaint them, but yeah, just send it back if its an option.

I think the prototype Sasuke looks fantastic aside from the paint chipping. It captures his character perfectly and the expression really does look like Sasuke. Refer to my avatar and just look at it. Too bad it's a lie and that's not the production quality. Literally feel like I got scammed into buying trash. The Naruto figure looks even worse.

The paint chips because its a hobby paint; not the factory industrial paint.

Oh I know, I was just saying the figure looks amazing. I wish there was another that could replace it, but the only other one is the Medicom one which imo is 100x worse.

Back