SH Figuarts Batman 89

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know most of us had high hopes of putting the Mezco head on the SHF body.

Well....sorry fellas....I'm here to nip that hope in the bud.

I grabbed the first Mezco and SHF on my shelf and the results were......not pretty.

View attachment 481998

Yeah but the Mezco Affleck is smaller than TDKR Batman. How do you know the Mezco Keaton won’t be even smaller?

99B673C1-A980-45A9-94F6-7E7B27CB97BF.jpg
74339373-59D8-48BE-94AE-B1D9751441A9.jpg

Might work bro. Have faith.

Those higher resolution photos really help the headsculpt/paint. It’s still maybe not quite round enough, but it definitely looks better than the low res/highly compressed images on the previous page. Can’t wait!

Yeah, he looks a lot better there. Hopefully they?ll revise the sculpt before release.

I want ahead and ordered mine at BBTS. The price isn?t as terrible as I thought it would be, compared to other web exclusives.

This looks really bad, but here?s an edit I just made.

6cGbHCe.jpg

I just sort of squished the mouth smaller and left everything else the same.

Last edited:
I think part of the problem stems from having a swappable mouth feature on a headsculpt that is the size of your pinky. Ever since Hot Toys made this a feature on their Batman figures, every company seems to want to try it out.

And yet, they never really give you any good options. You get neutral and this goofy “mouth open slightly, teeth showing” face that is barely different from the other.

Also, going back to Maulfan said,

One thing I can’t figure out, I see a head with eyes to the left and one with eyes to the right, is there one with them looking straight?

Yeah, what’s up with that? We have one picture showing the figure looking to the left, one picture showing the figure looking to the right and another one looking straight on.

These companies are being disingenuous with what you’re actually ordering. Notice how there isn’t a single photo of the figure straight on. They’re all from weird angles at the figure’s side or heavily shadowed.

Mezco did the same thing. They show off four different portraits. One close up photo of a battle damaged head (that looks way larger than 1:12 scale), one clean neutral that was used as the banner advertisement on their site (that also looks like it’s scaled up from 1:12) with photoshopped eyes looking in different directions, a third head that is clearly photoshopped and another head with wide, beady eyes that has been at the conventions and toy shows.

Yeah, they’re all prototypes. I get that. But still, it’s a little dishonest. Especially with the bait and switch Mezco did on their suit/costume. I miss the days where you more or less got to see everything you were going to get with a neutral “resting” shot.

494D5B42-8035-4A26-8B78-8A8DDA12378F.jpeg

Mezco and Bandai don’t have a single photo like that in their solicitations and are vague as to what you’re actually getting. They’re all artsy dramatic shots that have been touched up.

This is the closest you get, :lol

AD8CD084-2D72-47FF-AD77-6D7EFB20D17D.jpeg

Show me what I’m paying for. How many hands am I getting? How do the faces work, what’s the second face or are we getting a second head? Does it come with the palm ball smasher they’re showing off?

748C070D-4DDA-431A-A4D4-BBB145A6A1D8.jpeg

It ain’t listed.

30C87BE4-D143-4FFA-AF36-0ACD2F2CA968.jpeg
EBA0DF58-E65B-4635-A823-472215EB6C0B.jpeg

Tell us what we’re getting. Don’t show eyes looking in different directions or accessories if it isn’t achievable/included.

Why do they keep including shurikens? He never used them in the movie and was just in the bs love you round for one scene.

They’re probably just copying Hot Toys who were probably just copying the Official Batman movie book where those are shown,

317F39E7-DA55-4C68-B5CE-A19D06A668B9.jpeg

22EF8063-B8E8-4FC4-BAFD-45C620F26744.jpeg
E86CB70F-B759-41B2-A0B0-2DE28F5F270E.jpeg
7DC6DAEE-E9E6-43B3-AA99-22323C063752.jpeg

Yep. I can’t find a pic or scan of the page, but in the official movie magazine they have a page of all his weapons and there are several small items not seen in the film. Basically they were props made for it, but didn’t make the final cut of the movie. I think it’s pretty cool that companies are including them.

Why do they keep including shurikens? He never used them in the movie and was just in the bs love you round for one scene.

They are easy to make and easy to make. Need to include more accessories for posing. The shurikens were not used in any fight scenes probably because of the tight filming schedule and ever changing script. It was however featured in a shot in the movie display on the vault hosting the Bat suit and accessories. How the Batman fit everything include that gauntlet in/on his utility belt is more magic than science.

If you are curious, get the comic book adaptation. Beautiful art and the shurikens were used in the the church fight scene.

I think part of the problem stems from having a swappable mouth feature on a headsculpt that is the size of your pinky. Ever since Hot Toys made this a feature on their Batman figures, every company seems to want to try it out.

And yet, they never really give you any good options. You get neutral and this goofy ?mouth open slightly, teeth showing? face that is barely different from the other.

Also, going back to Maulfan said,

Yeah, what?s up with that? We have one picture showing the figure looking to the left, one picture showing the figure looking to the right and another one looking straight on.

These companies are being disingenuous with what you?re actually ordering. Notice how there isn?t a single photo of the figure straight on. They?re all from weird angles at the figure?s side or heavily shadowed.

Mezco did the same thing. They show off four different portraits. One close up photo of a battle damaged head (that looks way larger than 1:12 scale), one clean neutral that was used as the banner advertisement on their site (that also looks like it?s scaled up from 1:12) with photoshopped eyes looking in different directions, a third head that is clearly photoshopped and another head with wide, beady eyes that has been at the conventions and toy shows.

Yeah, they?re all prototypes. I get that. But still, it?s a little dishonest. Especially with the bait and switch Mezco did on their suit/costume. I miss the days where you more or less got to see everything you were going to get with a neutral ?resting? shot.

View attachment 482042

Mezco and Bandai don?t have a single photo like that in their solicitations and are vague as to what you?re actually getting. They?re all artsy dramatic shots that have been touched up.

This is the closest you get, :lol

View attachment 482046

Show me what I?m paying for. How many hands am I getting? How do the faces work, what?s the second face or are we getting a second head? Does it come with the palm ball smasher they?re showing off?

View attachment 482043

It ain?t listed.

View attachment 482044
View attachment 482045

Tell us what we?re getting. Don?t show eyes looking in different directions or accessories if it isn?t achievable/included.

It is listed. Noticed there are 4 exchangable left hands and "5" exchangable right hands

It is listed. Noticed there are 4 exchangable left hands and "5" exchangable right hands

DiFabio wants to see it like how Hot Toys did it. That way you know exactly which types of hands/accessories come with the figure. They list 4 left and 5 right but doesn't really give us a good idea what the poses are. I agree with DiFabio that companies should do more with what hot toys does with their product images. I'm holding off on the figuarts one until we get more information. I'm just glad I was able to get the Hot Toys 89 Batman.

This looks horrendous. Why can't SH figuarts get the digital painting right? Even hasbros $20 figures look better than this.

Was able to cancel my preorder with Mykombini wow. and getting my deposit back

Now that?s service :clap

I?ll just keep my BBTS order instead

Same price not too shabby

Back