SH Figuarts Batman 89

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesuzzz the face looks like one of those cheap knock offs you'd find in the bargain bin.

Is he crying? Did some henchmen made fun of his parents mid fight?

G4nhP32.jpg

Derpman!

This looks like an anime figure made by asians, which is exactly what it is. :lol

Very odd choice with this weird face, doesn't look like Keaton at all.

derp.jpg

From the neck down though, I have no complaints. Articulation looks great and I dig the body sculpt. Clever hidden joint cuts if you look closely. Weapons are rad too.

derp2.jpg

But yeah, the mouth and eyes are really bad. He's hideous. Shame because that cowl looks pretty nice.

So by the looks of things, if you Frankenstein the Mezco one:12 and this SH Figuarts, you might have a decent looking figure. Mezco's body is awful, but his head, cape and weapons are great. Figuarts body is great, but it's head is awful. Doubt they swap easily, but who knows.

They come out around the same time (assuming production isn't delayed and we still have a global economy :lol).

7987.jpg
x800-7976.jpg

The prototypes and doctored pics on all these things constantly change too, so who knows what the final product will be.

Unfortunately, the Mezco head will be downright enormous for the SHF body. These things are usually less than a true 6 inch scale. Every one I have is a bit undersized....not much bigger than the 90s Toy Biz Marvel figures.

My Figuarts Cavill Superman scales well with my Mezco Batfleck, so I wonder if the heads could be swappable? Or at least able to rest on the shoulders, anyways.

If it does scale, and we can mix and match parts, how awful is it that to have a halfway decent 6 inch figure on our shelves we're gonna have to spend way more than the Hot Toys originally retailed for?

They built the real suit by gluing rubber to a spandex bodysuit over 30 years ago. Why can't any toy companies get it right? What's so difficult about this guy?

And will we ever see the Returns costume at this scale....by ANYONE?

Well I'm going to get this for the body and weapons (though, I have no idea how to actually order it). I have the Mezco on order too. If the Mezco head turns out well and is in scale with this SH Figuarts version's body, worst case I throw blue tac on the neck joint. The nature of the cowl and cape will hide it.

And yeah, good point about MAFEX. I could see them doing this as well. That blue and grey and black and grey Batman they just put up looks amazing.

So far, I still think the NECA (with a custom cape) is the best so far. I love how it's an actual ball jointed head in a cowl/mask. Trevor Grove's amazing sculpt still holds up to all this digitally sculpted stuff. Just needed better paint apps without pink lips, a nicer cape and more accessories.

I do love the hidden butterfly joints in the shoulders on this Figuarts. He should be able to recreate the two hand grapple gun pose with ease.

I mean we never got a good 1989 or Returns Batman from kenner growing up, so anything batman from that era is a welcome change IMHO, i just want it because it has a plastic suit and it?s not rubber dependent which is what i need in this hobby, the thing that sucks about figuarts is their fragile AF hand joints...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm going to get this for the body and weapons (though, I have no idea how to actually order it). I have the Mezco on order too. If the Mezco head turns out well and is in scale with this SH Figuarts version's body, worst case I throw blue tac on the neck joint. The nature of the cowl and cape will hide it.

And yeah, good point about MAFEX. I could see them doing this as well. That blue and grey and black and grey Batman they just put up looks amazing.

So far, I still think the NECA (with a custom cape) is the best so far. I love how it's an actual ball jointed head in a cowl/mask. Trevor Grove's amazing sculpt still holds up to all this digitally sculpted stuff. Just needed better paint apps without pink lips, a nicer cape and more accessories.

I do love the hidden butterfly joints in the shoulders on this Figuarts. He should be able to recreate the two hand grapple gun pose with ease.
Shf are smaller than mezco so the mezco head on shf will look out of whack. And bits should carry it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well [...]If the Mezco head turns out well and is in scale with this SH Figuarts version's body,[...]

Mezco ONE:12 Collective is huge standing next to S.H. Figuarts. Not the same sca

Unfortunately, the Mezco head will be downright enormous for the SHF body. These things are usually less than a true 6 inch scale. Every one I have is a bit undersized....not much bigger than the 90s Toy Biz Marvel figures.

Shf are smaller than mezco so the mezco head on shf will look out of whack.

It'll look like one of those super-deformed figures, the head will be that big.

Only SH figuarts I have are the 90s Power Rangers, Luke Skywalker, Han, couple of SW figures. Then for Mezco I have all their Batman figures. So I dunno. SH seemed small but I never compared.

What if the Mezco Batman has a small head? That new rubber gumby body with the wire frame looks pretty tiny.

Also, is it just me, or do these product photos suck now? Haven't been impressed by specs/pics from these companies in a long time. Mezco's were heavily photoshopped and in shadows, this is the same way. What happened to the old way where there would that be that one photo that showed the figure in a neutral position with all the accessories it comes with at it's feet?

It’s Keaton..it’s Batman and it’s Figuarts and Figuarts articulation

I’m ordering , I don’t care what the final product face will look like :lecture

Yeah I'm not nearly as bothered by the face as everyone else, it's not perfect, but it certainly isn't bad. The body and everything else looks way better than Mezco's.

It's up for preorder at Mykombini and Anime-Export if anyone's looking. Preordered already.

So, like $250 total for Mezco (head, cape, accessories) and SHF (body) combined to get a great 6” Keaton Batman? :lol

Just pay double and buy the HT version at that point :lol

I think the head will look better in person. As is, its not bad, but face printing often looks crummy in poorly compressed pictures (and those are pretty bad. Wish they gave us higher resolution images without all the compression).

But overall I think it looks pretty great. The mezco prototype still holds the crown, but since we’ll never have a chance to own it, this looks like the next best thing, imo.

I too am hoping Mafex jumps on the wagon and makes an ‘89. After opening their Batman Begins figure when it came out, the first thing that popped into my head was, “dang.... they could make an AMAZING ‘89 batman.....”

But if the Figuarts is the only version we get, I think I’ll be content with it based on these pics.

So, like $250 total for Mezco (head, cape, accessories) and SHF (body) combined to get a great 6? Keaton Batman? :lol

Just pay double and buy the HT version at that point :lol

Unfortunately it has tripled in price... Used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the head will look better in person. As is, its not bad, but face printing often looks crummy in poorly compressed pictures (and those are pretty bad. Wish they gave us higher resolution images without all the compression).

But overall I think it looks pretty great. The mezco prototype still holds the crown, but since we?ll never have a chance to own it, this looks like the next best thing, imo.

I too am hoping Mafex jumps on the wagon and makes an ?89. After opening their Batman Begins figure when it came out, the first thing that popped into my head was, ?dang.... they could make an AMAZING ?89 batman.....?

First thing that came to mind was, wait for the Mafex Batman 89 3.0. It usually takes them 3 attempts to get it right. :lol

Sculpt on this is not great. I maybe would have considered it but I think that’s a dealbreaker for me. Especially at the price point for a Figuarts figure. The One: 12 is better in my opinion, but even then I feel like Mezco charges too much for what they release.

Back