Action Figure SF Officer's Custom Thread (Starduster??? WIP on pg 23)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Cross Hair, Skiman repaints on pg 8)

Looks good. Thought it would be Muskrat.

Thanks for all of the comments!

Evilface - Can see what you mean. Both figures have some similarities. Muskrat is on the work table, but has a long ways to go. I need to build his hat, vest, and possibly his boogie board.

Link to actual picture at YoJoe:

https://www.yojoe.com/action/03/crosshair.shtml

Last edited:

Decided to put another one up...

I finished COL Courage, so I am posting him. He is not much different from the WIP posted a few pages back, other than his harness is replaced with a custom harness, and he has a simple drop-down holster. Body is a BBI G2 modified with HT hands and pegs. Pants, helmet, drop down, and harness all customized by me.

Old WIP...

DSC00744.jpg

Current update...

DSC01614_zps3a8206e2.jpg

DSC01619_zps10a09996.jpg

DSC01618_zps2b9e32db.jpg

DSC01616_zpsd67b04a2.jpg

Thanks for looking, and comments are welcome.

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (COL Courage update on pg 9)

Courage looks awesome Chris! Im gonna have to put one together now. What body is he on?

Thanks guys.

Jon - The COL is on a BBI G2 body that I modified to take HT hands. Drop me a PM. I think I have one still in the package if you are interested.

This will show how long the COL has been in the works. This is a pic from 2004 showing a COL Courage WIP back then. I just think he is one of the later ARAH figures who had potential, but was saddled with neon-green paint and accessories. The COL is one of Hawk's staff officers in my collection.

Feb21015.jpg

Last edited:

Update showing the change from a Hot Toys TTM19 body to a Kaustic Plastic KP03 body. I also had to change out his pants to fit the new body, and found a much better pack.

Old custom...

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

Update... Looks better in my opinion.

DSC01647_zpsf291032c.jpg

DSC01645_zps8bc741ac.jpg

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Outback update on pg 9)

Definitely better looking on that body.

Awesome Outback Chris! I actually have the same back pack for mine. Does the new kaustic plastic body have tight joints?

Ankles are a little weak, but good boots make up for that. I also had to take apart the body and shoot some super glue into one of the ball joints to tighten it up. Still worth the investment if you ask me. This is what Stalker looks like now... broke my heart to switch out my Skiman repaint of Stalker, but this sculpt is Stalker to me. My old Stalker is going to become my Alpine WIP. I just can't stand having Ski's work and not using it in my collection...

DSC01654_zps05214c04.jpg

DSC01652_zpsdd1939ce.jpg

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Outback update on pg 9, Stalker on pg 10)

Love the Outback! He has been my favorite Joe since he first came out. Hoping SS eventually makes one, but I doubt they will.

That's a great sculpt for stalker.

Thanks Jon.

As for the Outback pack, I think it was a picture of your Outback that sent me looking for one. Took me seven months to find one!

Great job on Outback and Stalker. :D

This is one of my more experimental figures, that while not great, is good enough to post. I've done this type of thing before with an old RocknRoll custom I built in 2004.

Major Barrage was introduced as part of the Hasbro experiment in 2005 Direct to Consumer (DTC) experiment. It was a way to placate fans of the line who were upset because of the introduction of the 8" Sigma Six line, which temporarily pushed the 3 3/4" line out of stores. Some unique figures came out of DTC, but one of the most memorable figures was Major Barrage. For those of you not familiar with the figure, You can learn more about him at YO Joe at the link below:

https://www.yojoe.com/action/05/barrage1.shtml

I did not exactly duplicate Major Barrage from his 3 3/4" figure. I did try to follow some of the key features he had, like the vest and two shotguns.

Underneath his uniform, he is something of a Frankenstein body. I started with a WWE figure, chopped him at the mid-calf point, took an old Ken figure and used parts of his lower leg to replace the chopped calf pieces. I then used some Elite Brigade feet to complete the leg. This allowed the used of lace-up boots. I then modified the hands to accept some armatures with wire fingers. To cover this, I put on cloth gloves. Finally, I modified a PTE head to fit the body. I painted the body and head sculpt to match skin tones. Not perfect, but not bad either. I've done something similar to a RoadBlock custom I am working on. That one is about three years in the making, and set aside again...

The pants are custom, knee pads from a WWE figure, the vest and radio with throat mike are Dragon, shotguns are from Cotswold, and I can't remember the brand of boots.

Now here is Major Barrage in all his glory...

DSC01627_zps93c8d3bf.jpg

DSC01624_zps68984e2c.jpg

DSC01623_zps10c759d7.jpg

DSC01622_zps8b48752c.jpg

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Major Barrage on pg 10)

My humble attempt at Wild Bill. As far as I am concerned, Scifi67 set the standard for a great WB. I know some want to see him with the leather vest and cowboy belt buckle, but I am happy with the custom. I may update it later to more closely match the small figure.

Recipe:

- Repainted Formative Intl SOTW head attached to a HT clone slim body
- BBI Flightsuit
- BBI survival vest
- Newline pistols and holsters
- Newline cowboy boots
- Battlegear Cavalry hat with Cotswold insignia

DSC01641_zps92644f7c.jpg

DSC01642_zps1ea08c0f.jpg

DSC01643_zps3b1ca108.jpg

DSC01640_zps96b8800e.jpg

DSC01639_zps5fb17da3.jpg

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Wild Bill on pg 10)

Excellent work! I love those pistols and holsters on his belt compared to being on his vest like the ARAH figure.

Back