Action Figure SF Officer's Custom Thread (Starduster??? WIP on pg 23)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Zap on pg 4)

Onetruejoe he makes the whole uniform himself. I got a few from him. They are perfect for green shirts :)

wow. ill hit him up for one. thanks S fox.

I have so many projects on the bench at the moment... I need to find time to take pics. :gah:

I won't finish them until I find the time to finish some uniforms for Stealthfox. I can complete two of my projects when I complete his unis: reworked Short Fuse and Grunt. New mortar for SF and minor tweaking for Grunt. In the works:

Complete/near complete:

COL Courage - complete
MAJ Barrage - complete
Cross Hairs - lacking floppy hat and ghillie (optional) to be complete.
Clutch - vest build
Salvo - shirt reworked
GEN Flagg - Pants and jacket reworked
Snake Eyes - awaiting CREG Customs head
Hawk/Flint/Duke/Stalker - Skiman repaints
Falcon - Feet/boot mods
Bazooka - Jersey mod. Thanks to Stealthfox for getting this one as far along as it is

Further down the pipe:

3 X Cobra Troops - sew uniforms
Night Viper - helmet, boots
Muskrat - pants, vest, floppy hat
Wild Bill - hat, boots, pistols/holsters
Footloose - resculpt head, complete helmet
Mirage - head repaint
Night Force Shockwave - rebuild uniform
Mindbender - monocle or glasses/ equipment and weapons
Munitia - finish uniform and equip
Interrogator - make helmet, harness and pants

...and that doesn't include several other figures in the pipe that I want to keep as surprises! I am a sick, sick man... I even have a detailed spreadsheet tracking the status and needs of each custom character I am building.

You'll also notice I am staying far away from what a lot of people would consider key characters. I'll let Sideshow take care of them. That way are can have a deeper bench and fuller shelves when I finally get to display my collection.

Some list!

I am interested in your take on Salvo's weapon. He was my last figure I ever bought.

Prog -looking at the M202A1 Flash for his version one weapons, or the Javelin system for his version two system. I have the Javelin, and I am waiting for the Flash. Look at YOJOE to see what I mean.

EF - That's a lot of WIP pics! But I may try to get some pics taken over the holidays.

The Flash is all sorts of awesome for Salvo. Just looked at ebay and they do make those in 1:6! (The version I see doesn't come with missles though).

I've never seen the Salvo v2, but I can see the javelin working for the character.

This is for you EF...

WIP Cross Hairs from a few weeks ago. He has a jacket too at this point.

Other figure is a WIP for Rapid Fire. Hybrid Hasbro/Dragon body that needs to be completed.

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

GEN Flagg WIP and COL Courage WIP. I will post a completed pic of COL Courage when I get a chance.

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (WIPs on pg 5)

Custom of Dusty. I never bought the Sideshow version because I was content with mine at the time. The floppy hat on the ground would have been my version of the exclusive. Now I plan to update and rework the helmet. Starting to act like George Lucas...:pfft:

dusty6.jpg

dusty5.jpg

dusty3.jpg

dusty2-1.jpg

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (WIPs on pg 5)

Another older custom: Tunnel Rat. Holsters on legs, pants both rags, and body armor are custom made. Body is super articulated Hasbro with a Bruce Lee head from somewhere.

DSC00489.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Dusty, Tunnel Rat on pg 5)

You made Col. Courage? That is awesome! :clap Diggin your take on Tunnel Rat too. Great attention to detail!

Thanks for the inputs EF and Mando! I actually have finished Cross Hairs and COL Courage at this point.

Courage has an updated harness, holster, and some other pieces to make him feel more complete.

Cross Hairs now has his completed jacket and boonie. I have also kitted him out with some sniper gear.

I really need to take some new photos... But that won't happen for a couple of weeks.

That courage is all kinds of awesome.

That Col. Courage is the bomb! Tunnel Rat is nice too. I'm still debating on whether or not to do his backpack for mine. I'm upgrading my Hasbro Tunnel Rat from the Spy Troops line. Great job man.

Oh and dude dont take down the stuff you've already completed. That Falcon and Bludd are awesome as hell. You could display them and put your SS back in the box. Or sell them. I can tell you put a lot of time and detail in them. That Falcon again looks better than SS's to me. You have some really nice interpretations of the Joes. Keep it up. Oh and where did you get that shirt Grunt is wearing?

Massprime - thanks for the comments! Unfortunately, Falcon has already started to be repurposed to a Footloose custom (Nam's suggestion, which made a lot of sense). All that really remains is working a head sculpt. I have been modifying the Sideshow Falcon with some gear changes, and eventually converting the body to take lace-up boots.

Bludd will be around for a while to come. But I am looking at ways to reuse the parts. Maybe an Oktober Guard custom of Stormavik for the uniform... But removing the mods to the sculpt are still in consideration. I wonder how Pacino would look as Col Brekhov?...

Oh, and I made the shirt and pants for Grunt. Stealthfox has most of those uniforms now. I am going to sew a few more for him, and build a couple more for me in the process.

Last edited:

My green shirts look epic with those uniforms.

How much for a few of those shirts? I havent done any of the original guys yet but they are creeping up on the horizon.

PM me and we can discuss it.

Back