Action Figure SF Officer's Custom Thread (Starduster??? WIP on pg 23)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread

On the left is my Falcon which is being decommissioned because of Sideshows fine work. My Sideshow Falcon has some minor updates.

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

Death by a thousand cuts (posts)....

You could just toss a helmet on him and have a great looking Footloose.

That is actually one of the things I am considering. Hopefully I can sculpt the stache as well as I did on Leatherneck.

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (MAJ Bludd added pg 3)

My MAJ Bludd stand-in until Sideshow releases their figure. I was shooting for a real-world look, but Sideshow blew my mind with their prototype! Mine will get decommissioned for parts later after the Sideshow release. Now I need to figure out how to shave the Headplay headsculpt for reuse...:horror

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

Thanks all for the comments! Time to show Lowlight...

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00770.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

My favorite bash so far....

Was going to say I liked Leatherneck the best. But that Lowlight rocks the whole house!

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Lowlight and Outback on pg3)

Special thanks to Kibagami and Nam. The helped me pull my head out of my fourth point of contact so I can keep all updates in one thread...

:thwak

Outback took a little effort to get the head sculpt where I wanted it. I took the HT Taylor Kitsch sculpt, added a beard and bushier eyebrows, and the recolored the hair using pastels. I the sliced into the hairpeice and threaded the drive-on rag through it.

His rifle is an Ultimate Soldier HK-51 with a RIS from one of the Hasbro Weapons Tech sets grafted on. The body is Hot Toys, and the rest is a combination of Sideshow, Dragon, Very Hot, and Hasbro parts.

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

Any tips on the way you put these together? Is his(Outbacks) shirt like an iron on?

That Low Light is amazing, great stuff SF, thanks for sharing.

Outback's shirt is an iron-on. Most Micheal's or Hobby Lobby have iron-on sheets you can run through the printer to make Outback's shirt.

Great job on Lowlight, one of my favorite Joes. As other's have already suggested, the only feedback I'd give is to dye his BDUs a darker color and give him an Uzi and a bolt action sniper rifle.

Since Evilface updated his thread with Zap, I thought I would add my version of Zap as well. Uniform is custom made, and the rest is from various manufacturers. Not sure my custom compares to Evilface's though...

Zap1-1.jpg

Zap2-1.jpg

Zap3-1.jpg

Zap4-1.jpg

Zap5-1.jpg

Zap6-1.jpg

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Zap on pg 4)

The one thing I haven't figured out is how to make more rounds, and how he would carry them. The SMAW has a pretty unique round that separates behind the optics. This bazooka does the same thing, but I don't think he could carry more than three. The other issue is that the round on the SMAW is the only one. So unless someone can cast replacements, I'm SOL... :gah:

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Zap on pg 4)

great looking customs, SF! really dig your lowlight and dial tone.

Since Evilface updated his thread with Zap, I thought I would add my version of Zap as well. Uniform is custom made, and the rest is from various manufacturers. Not sure my custom compares to Evilface's though...

Zap1-1.jpg

Zap2-1.jpg

Zap3-1.jpg

Zap4-1.jpg

Zap5-1.jpg

Zap6-1.jpg
where u get the sweater.:wink1:

Back