Action Figure SF Officer's Custom Thread (Starduster??? WIP on pg 23)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Wild Bill on pg 10)

Awesome work SF! I love the Outback and Tunnel Rat! Love them all but those two really stand out!

I have recently god the SSC bug and the bug to get back to Customizing but tracking done Parts is a long haul!

I am looking at starting with the Original "Green Shirts" Grunt, Zap, Breaker, Clutch and maybe a Flash. Are you still able to produce those suits that you used on Grunt and Zap?

Chris

Thank you for the comments guys!

Fuzzhead - I am not producing suits at this time. But if you are patient, both Soldier Story and Very Hot are supposed to produce some FBI uniforms that will work well for the Green Shirts. I also recommend looking at Evilface's Custom Joe Thread for another excellent set of Green Shirt customs that may give you a few ideas.

Evilface's thread: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115958

Cool great job on Wild Bill....YO JOE!

Love the Wild Bill custom. I really think you nailed it! He is so integral to the Joes.... he is THE pilot for them. Ace may have had the flashier plane, but the characterization and utilization of Wild Bill in the comics and cartoon vastly outweighed Ace or any of the others.

On a side note, did anyone else get annoyed at the GI Joe stealth jet's pilot and how no one ever remembered his name?!?!?!

Worst Hama characterization ever.

Dunno if he thought it was clever or if it was a mandate from Hasbro (hoping it was the latter). Love Hama, but that character is nails on the chalkboard for me.

I think the characterization was a result of not wanting to infringe on the Ghostrider character. I agree though, it was really bad... Basically Zandar's character on the Joe team.

Time for another update. My humble update is based on the more recent V54 of Snake Eyes.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/11/snakeeyes54.shtml

Unfortunately, it follows on the heels of King Darkness' superb pair of Snake Eyes...:thud:

Anyway, Snake is built on a Hot Toys TT body with the CREG Ballistic Ninja sculpt, an ACI long neck and Sideshow SE V2 hands. Uniform is mostly from V1 SE, with DAM boots and an ACI sweater. Equipment is mostly SE V1, with the SE V2 bag and Beach Head's knife.

As always, comments are welcome...

DSC01832v2_zpsb0fa559e.jpg

DSC01834v2_zps28d0d128.jpg

DSC01831v2_zpsc1e0311c.jpg

DSC01833v2_zps12c81a43.jpg

DSC01837v2_zps3da48d5e.jpg

DSC01839v2_zps1e9135d7.jpg

Re: SF Officer's Custom Thread (Snake Eyes on pg 12)

Pfft, that's more than "comparable"! Looks fantastic to me.

He looks really cool. :cool:

One more pic in sunlight...

DSC01826v2_zps908d46bd.jpg

I finally upgraded my Dusty. I changed the body from a BBI G2 to an ACE body, upgraded the helmet, boots, and uniform. The changes aren't significant, but I like the custom better.

Old custom...

dusty2-1.jpg

New custom...

DSC01817v2_zps102bea68.jpg

DSC01815v2_zps94a46559.jpg

DSC01814v2_zpsd3758692.jpg

DSC01813v2_zpsd41a5032.jpg

DSC01811v2_zpsffd562be.jpg

DSC01785v2_zpse4c1f24f.jpg

DSC01786v2_zpsb46f5ab6.jpg

Back