Serenity 2-Disc Special Edition Coming!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much is the regular version these days anyway? I bought mine last fall and it was only like $13, so it's not a really big waste. At least compared to buying each Star Wars DVD release.

We should have gotten a 2-disc release to begin with, but I'll still get this one.

I've been tempted to get into the world of HD-DVD, but I know it would be best for me to wait and let the whole thing play out. I figure I'll probably get another two years out of the HDTV I have now, so I'll wait until I get a new TV before jumping into either of the new formats.

blue_rogue said:
We should have gotten a 2-disc release to begin with, but I'll still get this one.

I guess with the low box office take, they probably weren't sold on it's success on DVD. We had to prove our worthiness for a spiffy 2-discer. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Wow! I'll definitely be picking this up. I'm always a little perturbed when 'extra special editions' show up after I've bought what IS available...I just don't have much space for the 400 dvds we have!!! :D

but this is definitely a must have. I'm glad to know the film is gaining popularity
trev

Most of the time this double dipping bothers me. But not this time. Everybody had to buy the first version in order for the second version to be possible. If we all waited for a 2 disc set... we would never have gotten one. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

So... Trev, have ya done any 12" sculpts of the Serenity crew... ya know just for your own personal pleasure? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

What sucks is that they already released the HD-DVD which had nothing much in it. The fact that they're coming out with a 2-disc SE doesn't mean the company will double dip in the HD-DVD side as well, although I would certainly welcome it!

protozaius- I haven't had much more time to breath with the awesome Sideshow projects, but these have been WELL on my mind lately. If I can soon balance my energies, I'd like to do some kind of Firefly sculpt. man would that be fun!

Trev

I doubt this edition will ever be released in Spain, so i'll get I'll have to go shopping to amazon ^^

Looks like there is some official info on this release available.

https://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/serenity5.html

The cover looks better this time... even though I wish they didn't add that gun next to Mal's face. Even though I already have two different copies of this film on DVD, I'm DEFINITELY going to pick this one up.

Sad, I know... it'll be my own special "trilogy" of that film. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I skipped on the first release, but am definitely getting this one! Thanks for the link :chew

Cover:
dvd_serenitycollectors.jpg

I think it's going to be like $18.99

I'm buying this baby the first day it's released! GREAT film. the cover is lackluster, but that's nothing new. The glory days of hand painted artwork for films are almost gone (Frank Darabont get's Struzan for his DVD re-releases thank god)

Trev

I like the cover, but I don't like Summer Glau/River in the cover, she does not look... beautiful at all.

Not only will I double dip, but I would triple dip..and so on, if it supports the making of a sequel. This is the kind of property that thrives off of fan support!!!

Last edited:
McHaleyArt said:
Not only will I double dip, but I would triple dip..and so on, if it supports the making of a sequel. This is the kind of property that thrives off of fan support!!!

Ditto!! I've already bought the regular and HD edition and will be getting this. I'm hoping they announce a HD version as well and don't come out with one later. My husband isn't too thrilled I've bought/buying the same movie three times so I'm hoping I don't have to buy it a fourth. But I will if it happens that way because I will do anything to support this movie with the hopes it leads to a sequel or two.

Back