Serang's 'God of Guitar' FINAL!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting Read.....:peace

"When JIMI HENDRIX set fire to his sunburst Fender Stratocaster for the first time during a concert at the Finsbury Astoria in London in 1967, it was a momentous occasion in history of rock, and the same guitar set a new record when it fetched a massive $493,638 USD at a COOPER OWEN auction. Jimi played the Finsbury Astoria on the opening night of the Walker Brothers tour on March 31, 1967. While playing "Fire", he doused the guitar with lighter fluid and lit it up for the first time ever on stage before an astonished audience. When he then attempted to continue playing the instrument, he wound up in the hospital with minor hand injuries. The stunt was famously repeated after a bit more practice a few months later at the Monterey Pop Festival. After the show the guitar was stored in the office of Jimi’s press officer Tony Garland who ultimately stashed the Strat in
the inauspicious hiding spot of his parent’s garage. It was forgotten about by everyone until Garland’s nephew unearthed the crispy relic on a recent cleanup mission. Today the guitar remains one of the only instruments to remain accurately setup for Jimi’s playing style and is the only fully intact burned instrument in existence."
jimiburn2.jpg

jimiburn4.jpg

jimiburn6.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting Read.....:peace

"When JIMI HENDRIX set fire to his sunburst Fender Stratocaster for the first time during a concert at the Finsbury Astoria in London in 1967, it was a momentous occasion in history of rock, and the same guitar set a new record when it fetched a massive $493,638 USD at a COOPER OWEN auction. Jimi played the Finsbury Astoria on the opening night of the Walker Brothers tour on March 31, 1967. While playing "Fire", he doused the guitar with lighter fluid and lit it up for the first time ever on stage before an astonished audience. When he then attempted to continue playing the instrument, he wound up in the hospital with minor hand injuries. The stunt was famously repeated after a bit more practice a few months later at the Monterey Pop Festival. After the show the guitar was stored in the office of Jimi’s press officer Tony Garland who ultimately stashed the Strat in
the inauspicious hiding spot of his parent’s garage. It was forgotten about by everyone until Garland’s nephew unearthed the crispy relic on a recent cleanup mission. Today the guitar remains one of the only instruments to remain accurately setup for Jimi’s playing style and is the only fully intact burned instrument in existence."
jimiburn2.jpg

jimiburn4.jpg

jimiburn6.jpg

HaHa~ it is a under in progress work, was my secret surprise for Jimi's fan.
I'll show you this version stratocaster soon~ :wave

This is the holy grail for me but the price took me clean out of the running.

Same here. Id be in the running if a guitar was included in the $800 price along with the hair. But $800 for just the figure and then having to spend $400 just for the guitar and then extra for just the hair is too much for me.

Same here. Id be in the running if a guitar was included in the $800 price along with the hair. But $800 for just the figure and then having to spend $400 just for the guitar and then extra for just the hair is too much for me.

You could always just get the figure...and then get an unpainted guitar and wait till the $$$ flows back in and get it painted.....

I got both sets and all the sculpts unpainted...i have bodies already for it....only thing is the pants, shoes, and hands i'll need for the second figure which he doesn't sell seperate. Hopefully...since he personally knows me....he can hook a brotha up...lol

You could always just get the figure...and then get an unpainted guitar and wait till the $$$ flows back in and get it painted.....

I got both sets and all the sculpts unpainted...i have bodies already for it....only thing is the pants, shoes, and hands i'll need for the second figure which he doesn't sell seperate. Hopefully...since he personally knows me....he can hook a brotha up...lol

Serang really made this flexible for anyone's price range.
The unpainted HS and Guitars are a great deal if you can find someone to paint them. A lot of talented painters on this thread. The clothing set is also reasonable considering how much work Serang's tailor has to put into it.

If it was up to me I would have bought the grand package, but I just fell in with what I could afford without compromising other projects I am waiting on. (HAHA! hehehe):lol

Serang really made this flexible for anyone's price range.
The unpainted HS and Guitars are a great deal if you can find someone to paint them. A lot of talented painters on this thread. The clothing set is also reasonable considering how much work Serang's tailor has to put into it.

If it was up to me I would have bought the grand package, but I just fell in with what I could afford without compromising other projects I am waiting on. (HAHA! hehehe):lol

Yeah i got a painter lined up and ready when they get in....but the guitars like i said are real cheap unpainted....just get them done later down the road. That tunic is CRAZY....so really shows that Prince is needed as well...lol

Yeah i got a painter lined up and ready when they get in....but the guitars like i said are real cheap unpainted....just get them done later down the road. That tunic is CRAZY....so really shows that Prince is needed as well...lol

Beethoven is an easy pass for me, so I am glad Serang is doing this one next. As amazing as it looks it just doesn't have any meaning to me. Prince would be insane!! If he announces Prince next might have to look for a 1/6 scale bike to get painted up

Prince-purple-rain-630x430.jpg

I recommended unpainted custom kit version.
Included unpainted head, accessories + clothing.
Please check it my price range, my paint job price is not expensive.
If you doing your self or requested other painter, that will be more pricy.
Remember, It is a hand work, professional hand work.

Beethoven is an easy pass for me, so I am glad Serang is doing this one next. As amazing as it looks it just doesn't have any meaning to me. Prince would be insane!! If he announces Prince next might have to look for a 1/6 scale bike to get painted up

Prince-purple-rain-630x430.jpg

Finding a bike similar to that wouldn't be too hard...find yourself a good sculptor to make whatever parts needed to make it look exactly like his bike. Like I said you can't do Jimmy and forget Prince lol.
I would also like to see if his tailor could do MJ's jacket from the 84 Grammys......that would be sick

Serang, this is a beautiful figure. I wish I could afford this masterpiece but I'll just have to settle for your great pics. Great job.

Serang, this is a beautiful figure. I wish I could afford this masterpiece but I'll just have to settle for your great pics. Great job.

I hope one day to see some of Serang's work up-close and in person, perhaps at a show or museum. Beautiful pictures.

I'm contemplating an unpainted headsculpt hair combo.
Can I choose any combo ?
I'm not clear on the hands are they available separately or in any kit ?

Back