Action Figure Sentinel Re: Edit Iron Man Figures 1/10 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sentinel (company): Iron Man figures - 6 inch scale

im re-thinking collecting this line recently due to some qc probs. recently was the floppy waist on my WM but... more i think on the crackle like scuffs marks under the clear coat of red metallic paint on my bleeding edge the more i think it was not intentional and is actually a qc prob also. im pretty sure when it arrived it was not like that, would have noticed. and over time has gotten worse it seems.

the cheapest one out now in the re:edit category is the extremis. would rather have the Iron patriot but the price diff is large to me and if any qc probs will drive me up the wall. may get extremis and see how it is qc wise before continuing to get all re:edits which was the plan initially.

im not expecting perfection thats impossible but for the prices these go for do expect them to be a lil more quality and less probs.

Announced a few days ago, Toy Soul exclusive:

Metallic-Armorize-Iron-Man-001.jpg

Armorize Iron Man, metallic version (via ToyArk)

When I first checked a couple of days ago, the BBTS listing for this figure mentioned it had some unspecified 'enhancements' over the original, but I can't find that line in the current listings. At any rate, this looks like a cool repaint and I don't own the original, so this is probably a buy for me.

Maybe if they fix the ******** shoulder armor.

Thank you! Still a little torn since this company's Hulkbuster should also release this month and I haven't preordered yet. Decisions, decisions.

For anyone unaware; Hulkbuster delayed until march.

Just got War Machine on eBay for $150 shipped! Very excited :yess:

I hate the boxes and I want to biff them. How do you guys feel about these ones?
They are huge, ugly and so paper thin that one of them is also crushed, but these are so expensive it feels like I need to keep them...

They are pretty awful boxes, honestly. I like the art but they're way too thin and don't feel robust. I accidentally tore my Iron Patriot's box during normal handling—obviously my fault, but it wouldn't have happened with most of my other collectibles because their packaging is more robust.

I really hope this improves down the road, but I'm not expecting anything different with Hulkbuster.

I agree that the box material is too thin and I would have liked some heartier thick cardboard to prevent less tears and damage over time.

It seems like orders of the metallic Armorize version are coming in. Does anyone want to share impressions/pics?

It seems like orders of the metallic Armorize version are coming in. Does anyone want to share impressions/pics?

Mine should be arriving sometime within the next few hours. I'll be sure to take some pictures and compare it to the original to see what exactly, if anything, they've 'optimised and refined'.

EDIT: It just arrived.

Zf8GkIv.jpg

I'll take some proper photos this evening, but for anyone familiar with the original version of this figure there's some pleasant surprises:

- The ankle joints are now entirely plastic, no more painted metal scraping on painted metal
- The neck joint has been slightly re-engineered, at first glance I thought they'd replaced the hinges with a balljoint but sadly it's just a refined hinge and swivel, so still no head tilt
- The shoulders have been completely redesigned, the inner cup is smaller with more clearance and the outer piece is now a soft plastic instead of diecast metal
- Metallic paintjob is utterly gorgeous in-hand, gold is a marked improvement over original release

I have two small QC issues, however:

- Tiny white paint blemish on left fist's thumb
- Right shin armour very hard to clip together securely, some kind of tolerance issue

They also changed the paint scheme for the Stark head, it's now more tan with dark brown hair. Not sure if I like it as much as the original.

Last edited:

Ah! Shame about the Stark HS; I really like the look of the original. Would you say the shoulders are an improvement? I remember there being complaints about them before. Seriously considering this one now, even if it's out of scale with the RE: EDIT line

Here's some pictures. Don't really have a huge amount to add to my thoughts about the original version, other than pointing out the various optimisations Sentinel have made to the figure, and... well, I'll leave that for last.

dz48JLz.jpg

HszqLEE.jpg

owUZMib.jpg

The same selection of armour parts as before. Left the hip disks installed, so as not to wear the connection out.

OO4l6Gg.jpg

First big change. Ankle joints are now entirely plastic. I should stress, these do not seem to be removable from the lower leg as with the previous release. They're looser than the half-metal joints, but I doubt anyone who had stuck ankles on the original will complain.

lalcdUX.jpg

Zh5wMEM.jpg

IXTrgOk.jpg

whLDQse.jpg

I have to hand it to the original in terms of paintwork on the face. The new version is too brown, and too blotchy. Moreso than the camera picked up.

kOAW66t.jpg

The chestplate doesn't fit as tightly on this version. Might just be this figure, but it's nowhere near as snug. Hasn't fallen off yet, though.

JaoBIhh.jpg

d90JHaN.jpg

BvTuNTj.jpg

SgopeYr.jpg

Got to admit, it's a great-looking figure. Articulation is still annoyingly finicky in places, but with enough time and effort it will achieve most poses. Shame they didn't engineer in any neck tilt, though.

TRtlDoN.jpg

0n1Gj6F.jpg

RwHBFB1.jpg

New shoulderpads. Look virtually identical, but the inner cup is thinner and has a shallower lip (we're taking about one or two millimetres here, though). The diecast is gone and replaced with something very similar to what Hot Toys make their Iron Man crotches out of. While the outward motion of the arms is still limited, you can now rotate and angle them with impunity, not having to worry about scraping painted metal against painted metal.

So overall, a great-looking figure. Beautiful, even. Pictures don't do justice to the metallic paintwork on this version, it's even more impressive and lustrous than most Hot Toys figures. A lot of the issues I had with the original have been fixed. So can I recommend it?

No.

w1G7wqt.jpg

CFKYeJd.jpg

Needless to say, this is not a problem I had with the original. The legs drop off the thigh swivel joint at the slightest vibration. I have no idea if this is just my figure, or all of them. I have no idea if it's a tolerance issue or they left something out of the joint.

What I do know is, this is not good enough. This figure retailed for halfway to the price of a Hot Toys figure. Sentinel sell themselves on being a 'boutique' company offering innovative designs made to the highest levels of quality. This is a limited convention-exclusive piece that can't simply be returned to the store it was purchased from for a replacement or refund. I should not be sitting here agog as one of the legs simply slides off what is meant to be a fixed joint and drops four feet onto a solid hardwood floor, exploding into its constituent parts on impact.

I was considering picking up their RE:Edit armours and Metamorforce Dancouga. Not any more.

That's absolutely terrible. Could you perhaps check in with Sentinel CS and see if they will do a replacement?

That's absolutely terrible. Could you perhaps check in with Sentinel CS and see if they will do a replacement?

I just emailed them. Mostly to politely express my displeasure at the schoolboy errors they seem to make in their engineering process, more than out of any hope for them to provide me with actual customer service. I doubt they'll do anything seeing as it wasn't purchased through an authorised distributor.

I'm not going to try and bilk the seller out of a refund either, they sold it MISB and couldn't have known. This is entirely on Sentinel.

Hey all! HLJ has War Machine on sale if you're interested. Comes out to $126 before shipping.

Sentinel HB

Hands on for the HB is out. Looks good but the blue lightings do not really match with the yellows one I think.

Thank you for sharing. Looks like this is the Hulkbuster for me :wink1:

HB is looking good! He should be out this week and hopefully in my hands within a week after release.

Back