Action Figure Sentinel Re: Edit Iron Man Figures 1/10 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sentinel (company): Iron Man figures - 6 inch scale

Whoa whoa whoa, when did BBTS get this figure in? And at $200......hmmm that's better than getting the middle man to track one down for me.

Yea i was surprised too...
I pounced on it fast

No..these are 6-7 " scale.
King arts are like PAK size 9-11"

Man, I wish I would've caught bbts listing them... ****. Oh well, my spare Patriot came today at convention cost. I would've liked to have gotten one more from bbts, though.

IMG_20150829_115805301.jpg

REally hoping that War Machine's upper torso armor is removable. I like that look, but having the option to display without all of the heavy stuff would be boss.

This may be the greatest figure of all time, I'm serious. I don't do toy reviews, but I don't see how this couldn't get a "10" in every criteria they give scores on.

11910474_1669850146582843_274474848_n.jpg

11939363_404032013134013_1820448145_n.jpg

I feel like 'value for money' would be less than a ten, though that was just my personal reaction to the price-tag. Don't get me wrong; the figure looks really beautiful and seems capable of exciting poses—but if I had a choice between two of these and one giant robot from Threezero, I would pick the robot, get a meticulously detailed 1/12-scale pilot figure included in the package, and save $50. If you're reading this and disagree, I'd like to know what makes Sentinel's Iron Man figures worth the price to you.

I feel like 'value for money' would be less than a ten, though that was just my personal reaction to the price-tag. Don't get me wrong; the figure looks really beautiful and seems capable of exciting poses—but if I had a choice between two of these and one giant robot from Threezero, I would pick the robot, get a meticulously detailed 1/12-scale pilot figure included in the package, and save $50. If you're reading this and disagree, I'd like to know what makes Sentinel's Iron Man figures worth the price to you.

No, I'll agree with you regarding value, I didn't even think of that. With the prices I see this figure goes for, getting one for $200 wasn't an issue for me. Especially, when I know that the value of this guy will only go up.

That's true—I totally forgot that it's a con exclusive. If I could get one of these from Japan without a shipping fee, it would probably be worth it—the Extremis suit is about $130 on HLJ, which is definitely competitive with the other 1/12 Iron Man figures on the market. I guess this Iron Patriot is going into the long, long list entitled 'figures I will buy if a small miracle happens on eBay' :wink1:

It's kinda crazy to think that these guys are going for about the same price as HT Iron Man figures went for a couple years ago.

It's kinda crazy to think that these guys are going for about the same price as HT Iron Man figures went for a couple years ago.

I completely agree with you. I think US retailers importing from Japan does add to the cost, but one of these still costs about as much as the original Hot Toys MKIII. Considering the paint is super high-quality and articulation is much better than the first 1/6 Iron Man figures, I think the rising costs are somewhat justified, but the punch in the wallet is no less painful for it.

Wasn't the ht move to diecast part of the increase? I buy I/m ht suits sparingly so I may be off but I'd figured that factored in

Last edited:

Oh, absolutely. But even the recent plastic suits like Silver Centurion and Heartbreaker are $250 at retail. In my experience half-scale items do cost less to make, but not half as much, so Sentinel's price-point does make sense. I guess they are competing with 1/12-scale figures from Play Imaginative/Comicave, which do contain a lot of die-cast, but these seem better-designed so I think Sentinel may have the edge here

Back