Sentinel Maquette .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I'v been beaten up in this hobby over the last 10 years so I'm really trying to get to a place where 1. I only buy pieces I'm not likely to resell, ever and 2. the pieces have low likelihood of structural issues over time. I also have a good sized collection so I have constructed all these rules that help me stay within reason.

I am right there with you. If I would of started with more discipline and wisdom collecting I would of been better off. Live and learn though

I am right there with you. If I would of started with more discipline and wisdom collecting I would of been better off. Live and learn though

I think it's safe to say most of us feel this way after being in the hobby for quite awhile. I know I certainly am more disciplined when I buy nowadays. I took a hard look at my collection a few years ago and really identified what pieces I could do without and began selling them off. The nice thing is it made room and $$$ for my upcoming pieces and my collection is now more steam lined and not all over the place theme wise. Now it's just a matter of sticking to my list of characters and passing on pieces I may like no matter how well done they are (like the new Sonja PF). I think every collector gets wiser and more disciplined the longer they stay in the game.

I think it's safe to say most of us feel this way after being in the hobby for quite awhile. I know I certainly am more disciplined when I buy nowadays. I took a hard look at my collection a few years ago and really identified what pieces I could do without and began selling them off. The nice thing is it made room and $$$ for my upcoming pieces and my collection is now more steam lined and not all over the place theme wise. Now it's just a matter of sticking to my list of characters and passing on pieces I may like no matter how well done they are (like the new Sonja PF). I think every collector gets wiser and more disciplined the longer they stay in the game.

I don't think every collector I in fact think a lot of collectors have Acquisition Disorder. With that said I know that when people start collecting they may move or are in a temporary living situation and things change and that may force their hand to downsizing. I know personally I agree 100% with how you evolved and grew I did to. There are a few really nice pieces that I have to pass on because it ultimately doesn't fit wth what I want even though it looks nice.

I bought this sentinel and neither of the arms fit very well into the sockets. One fits but barely lights up. If I move it, it goes off and the other doesn't go in far enough to light up. I have tested the other arm and it does work, I just need to figure out how to get these arms further in there. I think the pegs holes might not be deep enough. Any suggestions from those who have had troubles with this piece? I don't really want to drill the holes deeper, afraid I may screw the whole thing up.

A small part of me regrets not getting this, but I have no other X-Men statues to accent it - so saved myself some coin. :(

I bought this sentinel and neither of the arms fit very well into the sockets. One fits but barely lights up. If I move it, it goes off and the other doesn't go in far enough to light up. I have tested the other arm and it does work, I just need to figure out how to get these arms further in there. I think the pegs holes might not be deep enough. Any suggestions from those who have had troubles with this piece? I don't really want to drill the holes deeper, afraid I may screw the whole thing up.

Sounds like you don't have the arms all the way in and set properly with the + and - terminals for the light up. Found mine a little tight on the arm fit and had to give them a decent push to get them fully into the sockets and set correctly. Once in properly the arms should be rock solid.

I regret not getting this guy. Would be perfect with the Koto X-Men pieces. Maybe the upcoming XM dio as well ;)

I feel that way about the Galactus MAQ. I would've loved to mix him in with my Bowen pieces. I passed on him only because he had an open ES and I refuse to support open ES pieces. Big G turned out amazing though.

Old school "Xmen vs Sentinel exclusive diorama" x3 with 2x "Sentinel Maquette" on each side.

PICT2104.jpg

sent2.jpg

These guys are hard to display.
(Custom double height doors for the two Maq's - one day...)

Thanks filip629, I have an "X-men vs Sentinel" Photo Album under my profile if you are interested, have a look. (leave a comment on the photo album if you like it).

Attachments

• sent1.jpg
    sent1.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 156
my exemplary :

very massive, in a modern style that I particularly enjoy, the statue imposes on the level of presence, the paintjob is nickel, and what about the details level sculpture, nothing, otherwise That the job is the height of my hopes.

Go to the photos:

another pics :

and second head

I just got this piece from ebay brand new in sealed box. Of course the leg was broken when I opened it...

Anyway I'm having it repaired. While its being repaired I'm thinking about having it repainted at the same time, the paintjob is excellent but I would prefer it in 90s purple I think.

Has anyone got pics of this piece repainted? haven't been able to find pics anywhere.

I just got this piece from ebay brand new in sealed box. Of course the leg was broken when I opened it...

Anyway I'm having it repaired. While its being repaired I'm thinking about having it repainted at the same time, the paintjob is excellent but I would prefer it in 90s purple I think.

Has anyone got pics of this piece repainted? haven't been able to find pics anywhere.

In the future, I'd be wary of unopened items on eBay. Always good to ask the seller to open it and inspect before shipping. Save you and the seller a lot of headache.

I always thought this Sentinel and the Galactus MAQ would look super cool mixed in with a Bowen X-MEN or FF collection.

This guy is next on my list to buy. Going to put my cgc graded X-Men 141 and 142 next to him

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back