Sentinel Maquette .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yikes bro, yeah your missing the switch....wtf happened?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Question is: When and who did you get it from?

Thanks for all the replies. That confirms the switch is missing on my piece.

Ordered this piece direct from Sideshow when it was up for order back in 2014. Didn't have time to open it up until recently.

Now this is how you "sucker punch someone after kicking him in the balls"...

This statue also came with a broken right leg...

Sideshow-Sentinel-Damaged-Right-Leg-1.jpg

Sideshow-Sentinel-Damaged-Right-Leg-3.jpg

Going to contact Sideshow a.s.a.p. Don't have much hope on getting a replacement. Hope I at least get a refund if that's the case.:pray:

Either way, I'm really, really disappointed that this piece ended up like this! Why, why did it have to be the Sentinel!:(

Don't think Sideshow have even heard of the word Q.C.. The so called Sideshow approved stickers they slap on the styrofoam boxes are probably just placed there for the sake of labelling.:gah: The leg might have been damaged during shipping, but the base is missing the damn switch!

Knowing their Q.C I can't believe you didn't check it over after receiving him.

Good luck getting a replacement although they do insist on a 30 return period.

Thanks for all the replies. That confirms the switch is missing on my piece.

Ordered this piece direct from Sideshow when it was up for order back in 2014. Didn't have time to open it up until recently.

Now this is how you "sucker punch someone after kicking him in the balls"...

This statue also came with a broken right leg...

View attachment 269449

View attachment 269450
HeroForLife,

Terribly sorry to hear about your sentinel. My Sentinel had a broken leg in the exact same spot. It looks eerily similar.
Here are pics of the one I returned:

5c1b480262c24b2eeb36a4b89e6d8c50.jpg

3e83a16971ea4a59f6cb2d34c8d8ce84.jpg

Wow! Sorry for your pain. I don't mean to pile on, but you really should've inspected it sooner. I've had a bad run of SS pieces, so I'm actually filled with dread instead of joy when they arrive at my door. That dread has caused me to delay opening some statues a week, maybe two, but no longer than that.

If it was just the power button, then maybe they could replace the base or offer a generous credit. Honestly, the statue is so magnificent I could enjoy it without any light-up gimmicks. However... that leg. Hopefully they have a replacement statue for you.

When I see things like this it makes me want to sell all my pfs and collect cheaper things or just get a good poster representing these characters. I'd be devastated if something that valuable fell over and broke or became damaged in storage. Especially the ones I could never re-buy in the aftermarket. I'm interested to know what message Sideshow sends in return. They clearly state 30 days for returns but that's a hefty $900 plus statue. A cold unhelpful reply (sorry 30 days) could really turn off someone who is probably a good customer (based on the sentinel purchase alone).

Even if I'm not going to display something right away, I still make sure to open and inspect it--especially considering SS runs out of replacement pieces extremely quickly.

Even if I'm not going to display something right away, I still make sure to open and inspect it--especially considering SS runs out of replacement pieces extremely quickly.

Yeah, that's why I never understood the people who keep them unopened in shipper box... :cuckoo::slap

If you finally decide to open and there's an issue and they've run out of replacements parts at that point, or if you try to sell it off and it has a defect, you're pretty much stuck with it with no options down the road.

Yeah, that's why I never understood the people who keep them unopened in shipper box... :cuckoo::slap

If you finally decide to open and there's an issue and they've run out of replacements parts at that point, or if you try to sell it off and it has a defect, you're pretty much stuck with it with no options down the road.

I see that all of the time on eBay and in my head, I think: "Is that supposed to make me want it more??? Have you bought from SSC before or any other high-end collectible company before?"

I had the exact same leg break. I returned mine for full refund because I just don't trust pieces that break so easily. I was super disappointed thought because its a really cool piece, especially when lit up

To me I think it had more to do with a packaging flaw and/or the way they had him positioned in the box with his leg. I wouldn't suggest that he breaks easily, he's a solid piece. A beauty by SS.

So easily?
My bad, wasn't trying to go there because that horse has been beat already. But...my leg was completely broke and I saw the legs were hollowed out quite a bit. True the packing was probably flawed but it's a heavy statue and there is a lot of weight on that hip joint and well...it's hollow. I felt confident if I ever needed to resell him he would break in shipping with my luck so just best to avoid.

My bad, wasn't trying to go there because that horse has been beat already. But...my leg was completely broke and I saw the legs were hollowed out quite a bit. True the packing was probably flawed but it's a heavy statue and there is a lot of weight on that hip joint and well...it's hollow. I felt confident if I ever needed to resell him he would break in shipping with my luck so just best to avoid.

No need to say your bad, Thank you for explaining.

No need to say your bad, Thank you for explaining.

Thanks, I'v been beaten up in this hobby over the last 10 years so I'm really trying to get to a place where 1. I only buy pieces I'm not likely to resell, ever and 2. the pieces have low likelihood of structural issues over time. I also have a good sized collection so I have constructed all these rules that help me stay within reason.

Back